About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-15, 20:40
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

I'm listening to it right now. Tonight Tonight makes me want to explode.

I love this album.

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2002-10-16, 02:04
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

undoubtledly the greatest album of the 90's and in my opinion one of the greatest rock albums ever made. there is so much variety in that work and tonight tonight especially is a great example of all the emotion billy expresses in cd's.

if you think about it MCIS was a hug risk for for the pumpkins since siamese dream was their first big CD. if their follow up was shit then they would have faded into obscurity and everyone knows how risky a double CD is. there were almost no comercially successfull doubles up to that point (they can be counted on one hand) but billy went for it anyway.

 #3 
Old 2002-10-16, 03:02
govinda govinda is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Some of the most brilliant lyrics ever are on that album on all the songs... I am sad to mention I think siamese dream is easier for me to listen to.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-16, 03:26
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

yes, good, very
 #5 
Old 2002-10-16, 14:50
Lazy Bastard Lazy Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Fucking beautiful album. Definately one of my all time faves.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-16, 18:44
Ignotum Per Igotius Ignotum Per Igotius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

One of my favorite albums . Both discs are excellent . You cant really go wrong with the Pumpkins esp their early stuff . Thumbs up like whoa
 #7 
Old 2002-10-19, 01:10
Thefatgoalie Thefatgoalie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

I bought that album about a year ago and it is one of my top five favorite albums along with other Neil Young and Pixies albums.

The songs have good lyrical hooks and the solos by James Iha bring out the best of the songs.

My personal favorite is Through the Eyes of Ruby.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-19, 02:17
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

muzzle.

but i liked siamese dream a little better
 #9 
Old 2002-10-19, 19:53
Fallen Seraph Fallen Seraph is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Its not a fucking amazing album, but bwbw and zero are great songs, and love, bodies, where boys fear to tread and we only come out at night are pretty good too.
 #10 
Old 2002-11-02, 02:57
DJ Fuckwit DJ Fuckwit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

a very good album, tho I prefer SD (my fav of all time) and Gish.

I can't stand Tonight Tonight tho, I always skip that one. There's 3 or 4 others I dont listen to as well, which is weird cos i dont usualy skip songs on albums if i can help it. Good job it's a double album I guess. The rest of the album is great Pumpkins rock tho, especially TOASE, I love that song.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-02, 07:06
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Never really got off on that one, but maybe because everybody... nah, fuckit
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics