About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-14, 05:08
Thoughtmonger Thoughtmonger is offline
Regular
 
Default Invalid letter dept.

By At the drive-in
Do you know the lyric meanings?
Have you seen the video?

I know what the song is about. I can't help thinking about it all the time. bit disturbing really.

[This message has been edited by Thoughtmonger (edited 10-14-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-10-14, 05:55
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Invalid letter dept.

well I was going to promptly download the song and give my imput on it, but alas it's downloading slow so I may return later if I remember

[This message has been edited by ScorchedWeasel (edited 10-14-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-10-14, 07:04
Thoughtmonger Thoughtmonger is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Invalid letter dept.

When I first saw this video it didn't mean much to me. After watching a PBS special (I don't usualy watch pbs.really.) about what is goin on ,can't get it out of my mind.
see the special if you can.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-14, 14:44
jack's missing mind jack's missing mind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Invalid letter dept.

It's about women in a mexican town who work at a factory and on the way home get raped and murdered by their employers, right?
 #5 
Old 2002-10-14, 16:47
Phonix Shock Phonix Shock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Invalid letter dept.

i really like this song, well i like At The Drive In overall anyway, i haven't seen the video though.

 #6 
Old 2002-10-14, 18:39
Thoughtmonger Thoughtmonger is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Invalid letter dept.

quote:
Originally posted by jack's missing mind:
It's about women in a mexican town who work at a factory and on the way home get raped and murdered by their employers, right?

Right.
The women of Juarez are still being murdered to date. Nobody is actualy sure who is doing it.




[This message has been edited by Thoughtmonger (edited 10-14-2002).]
 #7 
Old 2002-10-20, 02:34
Thoughtmonger Thoughtmonger is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Invalid letter dept.

dancing on the corpses ashes......
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics