About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-05, 21:32
zapplez zapplez is offline
Regular
 
Default Pink Flyod Fans?

im a huge one, just wish I born in the 60s so i could have seen em live, they still hold on of my favourite songs of all time , "Wish you where here"
 #2 
Old 2002-10-05, 21:47
Slyck Slyck is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pink Flyod Fans?

I'm a big fan of Keep Talking.

[This message has been edited by Slyck (edited 10-05-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-10-05, 22:57
deptstoremook deptstoremook is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pink Flyod Fans?

I like 'Time' and 'The Trial' best. I just got like all their albums on KaZaA, so it should be fun.

Also, the wall video (the actual movie, not the concert) was great.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-06, 00:18
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pink Flyod Fans?

Im a fan from everything Ive heard. Im too cheap to buy the cds, and have 56k so downloading is a bitch, but the 5 or so songs I have i like!

[edit]
those songs would be:

careful with that axe eugene
any colour you like
goodbye blue sky
echoes
is there anybody out there
[/edit]


[This message has been edited by SomeEverydayNobody (edited 10-06-2002).]
 #5 
Old 2002-10-06, 05:13
Regular
 
the happy land of australia
Default Re: Pink Flyod Fans?

i bet some fans can even spell the name correctly too.

[This message has been edited by RAOVQ (edited 10-06-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-10-08, 06:26
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Pink Flyod Fans?

I've got The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl. It's beautiful...
 #7 
Old 2002-10-08, 20:58
Regular
 
Default Re: Pink Flyod Fans?

Animals, Wish You Were Here, Dark Side Of The Moon.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-09, 00:30
cornzornoplat cornzornoplat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pink Flyod Fans?

darkside of the moon album messes with my mind but its fuckin awesome have any of you listened to it while watching the horrible movie The wizard of oz its supposed to go eriely well as a soundtrack..a couple people have told me, its wierd
 #9 
Old 2002-10-11, 22:26
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Pink Flyod Fans?

quote:
Originally posted by zapplez:
im a huge one, just wish I born in the 60s so i could have seen em live, they still hold on of my favourite songs of all time , "Wish you where here"


I was born in '63 but was only 12 when WYWH came out ['75].

I did see them in '88, though it wasn't the same; too many extra musicians and no Waters.

I really would have liked to see them when Syd was with them still. And perhaps one of the few shows they did with both David & Syd.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-18, 21:32
Impulses Impulses is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pink Flyod Fans?

I just saw "The Wall" last weekend.
An amazing movie. A little too complex for some. Definetly a thought provoking and captivating experience. Thats what makes Pink Floyd so great though, such depth in thier music. I noticed that several of thier songs use upbeat and positive melodies, but they have a much darker message behind them. Does anyone else notice that?
 #11 
Old 2002-10-22, 00:16
ImbuedOne ImbuedOne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pink Flyod Fans?

Like Goodbye Blue Sky? Pink Floyd is a great band. Very deep messages.

I have yet to see The Wall, but am planning on getting it on DVD soon here. I'd like to be able to get ahold of some of the vinyl's. Anyone selling?

[This message has been edited by ImbuedOne (edited 10-22-2002).]
 #12 
Old 2002-10-22, 00:25
Squarepants Squarepants is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pink Flyod Fans?

My mom was a fan back in the day, and she's got Dark Side of the Moon and something else on vinyl... Pink Floyd rocks. I like 'Comfortably Numb' and 'Time' in particular.

Just another brick in the wall...
 #13 
Old 2002-10-24, 02:16
Obelisk1125 Obelisk1125 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pink Flyod Fans?

u
quote:
Originally posted by cornzornoplat:
darkside of the moon album messes with my mind but its fuckin awesome have any of you listened to it while watching the horrible movie The wizard of oz its supposed to go eriely well as a soundtrack..a couple people have told me, its wierd

it's so awesome how eveything in the songs fits w/ the movie. and after the cd finishes, if u put it on repeat, the parts of the songs that didn't make sense the first time, will fit the second time around.

another brick in the wall (part 2) is my favorite song

 #14 
Old 2002-10-28, 20:09
moist phish moist phish is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pink Flyod Fans?

Floyd is the shit man, its great just kicking back smoking a joint and listing to "dark side of the moon".... My favorite floyd song would have to be "Shine on you crazy diomand"...
 #15 
Old 2002-10-28, 20:40
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pink Flyod Fans?

the first time I saw The Wall I was tripping, for the first time too eerily enough. Whoaa man. Anyways I'll always be particularly particular to the album the wall because of that. But hands down my favorite album would have to be wish you were here. A great album and a loving tribute to Syd.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics