About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-01, 03:55
TheSellOut TheSellOut is offline
Regular
 
Default poetry/lyrics

Should I stay confident in the structure of my center?
And even if I falter will anyone see me

Should I fall, I know none would hold me up
And if I rise,
They'll only beg me to come down

So I tied my ankles
To the bottom of a mute demon
And when I rose to question why
I ascended into an eternal sigh
Trapped in this egg, underneath the dirt.
But there is a hole in my sky
And it catches my blackened eye

Physically weak
Emotionally menopausal

This is your poseur this is your fake,
Non-conformist wannabe,
This is me, trying to be cool,
By not fitting in
Yes I stole these years away,
I inserted a needle,
I blew up the whole wide world
And proceeded to kill,
My last living brain cell,
Just so you could form another half assed judgement

I spent an eternity alone, just so you could say that I do not belong
So you've danced and spread your lies
You've pissed these salty tears in my eyes
Decadent, deceitful, despising all that once gave me hope...Wishing I could cope...


- End.
I wrote this a while back and edited it just a bit now. Anyone want to give me ideas on what kind of emotion or feeling they got from it? Oh and if anyone has any ideas on converting it to a better lyrical form let me know. I'm open to discussion since this is one of those poems that I consider a slightly lesser quality than others I've written.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-03, 01:34
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: poetry/lyrics

unless you are a select few vocalists then they wont work. you must have a certain style and voive for lyrics like that to sound good. if you have the average voive you most likely will just sound like a fool trying to be overly sincere and tryign way to hard. whether or not you are or arent doing that is irrelevent but thats how i think it will come off as.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-03, 02:12
TheSellOut TheSellOut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: poetry/lyrics

quote:
Originally posted by syphon detonator:
unless you are a select few vocalists then they wont work. you must have a certain style and voive for lyrics like that to sound good. if you have the average voive you most likely will just sound like a fool trying to be overly sincere and tryign way to hard. whether or not you are or arent doing that is irrelevent but thats how i think it will come off as.


I agree with you completly, sort of sounds like something Roger Waters(Pink Floyd)
or Maynard James Keenan(Tool) could pull off.
I almost always edit the sentence length in a song before I sing it.


[This message has been edited by TheSellOut (edited 10-03-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics