|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| ... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-07-29, 01:59
|
EarlyMourninStonedPimp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Metallica Fans
Does anybody know anything or heard anything about a new Metallica album coming out? any info would help thanx.
|
|
#2
 2002-07-29, 14:33
|
Ain 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
Stick to kid rock and FUCK Metallica! I will never ever forgive them for being so lame and utterly fucking stupid as to bitch about napster. Metallica is a bunch of petty ass whiny bitches. I didn't like them before and really dont like them now.
|
|
#3
 2002-07-29, 17:05
|
grungymagician 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
dont listen to kid rock, he is a major asshole.
and the dude is asking for info not a flame on metallica
|
|
#4
 2002-07-29, 18:17
|
Ignotum Per Igotius 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
Metallica died in a bus crash
|
|
#5
 2002-07-29, 21:24
|
EarlyMourninStonedPimp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
I am sick and tired of people fuckin nagging about how bitchy metallica is they piss me off in so many ways its not about downloading free music because you cant afford to buy a fuckin $15 cd its all about music. plus there are sooooooo many sites to download music from napster aint shit. Metallica are great artists because they make great music not because whiny ass low class people cant download someones latest cd QUIT BITCHIN.
|
|
#6
 2002-07-30, 19:56
|
syphon detonator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
fuck you. people have a right to free information, music included. its easy to say what you did when you live with your parrents and just bitch untill your mom buys you a cd. in the real world 15 is a decent amount of money for most of us. i have to work almost 5 hours to buy a cd and i make minimum wage! thats just bullshit. btw cds are more like 20 now and metallica has always been higher than the status quo.
btw i think kid rock is also a poser but to each his own.
|
|
#7
 2002-07-31, 01:26
|
EarlyMourninStonedPimp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
Way to fuckin judge people asshole I do work for everything I have and I bust my ass to buy the shit I have I work an 8 hour job in a storage company workin $6.oo/hr and I do know the value of hard work. I understand that people have an opinion I download music myself until i can buy the cd. and in the first place I asked for info on their new cd not a fuckin war about how shitty they are. I like them kid rock and prolly 2000 other bands most people hate and guess what I dont give two shits what you or anyone thinks.
|
|
#8
 2002-07-31, 18:56
|
Ain 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
As far as I�m concerned Metallica sucks ass And I'll shout it from a mountain top! I play Guitar and there is nothing impressive about their music. Just a bunch of distorted shit. That any 15 year old with an out of tune piece-o-shit guitar could play.
As far a d/ling music goes how fucking retarded do you have to be not to understand that if you shut down a site like napster that was started here in the USA. There is not a damn thing Congress or Metallica and anyone else can do about the hundreds of copycat sites popping up all over the world. All that shit was a BIG fucking waste of taxpayers Cash. And if you do work for everything you have and you bust your ass to buy the shit you have. And you work an 8 hour job in a storage company working $6.oo/hr and you do know the value of hard work. Then you should be pretty fucking pissed off that they wasted all your money for absolutely nothing. Look at how they treated their fans and Look at what has become of it all. http://www.beachbrowser.com/Archives/eVoid/July-2000/Napster-Alternatives.htm I would not d/l a single shrill note those out of touch bitchy retards could scratch out.
[qoute]and the dude is asking for info not a flame on metallica[/quote] I gave him some info THEY SUCK! So go pull that rabid rabbit out of your ass.
|
|
#9
 2002-08-01, 00:02
|
djsam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
quote: I play Guitar and there is nothing impressive about their music. Just a bunch of distorted shit. That any 15 year old with an out of tune piece-o-shit guitar could play.
As a guitarist, a 15 year old, and a metallica fan, I feel like I should be defending metallica. Considering they're one of the most talented bands out there. However, judging by the lack of intellect shown in your previous posts, I don't think I'll even bother.
|
|
#10
 2002-08-01, 01:56
|
Ain 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
Come off it. What the fuck are you talking about? "lack of intellect shown in your previous posts" Just what exactly are you referring to?
As far as talent goes listen to SRV, Randy Roads, Carlos Santana, Buddy Guy, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Eric Clapton. All of Metallica put togeather cant even compare to the talent one of those men have.
Metallica doesn't even give a rats ass about their fans. And I sure as hell dont. According to them you are all Liars anyway ( See link above)
|
|
#11
 2002-08-01, 03:45
|
Social Parasite 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
I don't care if you like metallica or not, but to call them talentless is bullshit. You ever heard of Master Of Puppets? Have you put anything out that's any better? Then please for the sake of everyone shut the fuck until you do.
|
|
#12
 2002-08-01, 15:40
|
Ain 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
I can play anything they have put out. And I have no desire to be a rock star. I would rather have the fortune but fuck the fame. quote: but to call them talent less is bullshit.
Damn I never knew Metallica fans couldn't fucking read or you people love to put words into other peoples mouths. What I said was. As far as talent goes listen to SRV, Randy Roads, Carlos Santana, Buddy Guy, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Eric Clapton. All of Metallica put together can�t even compare to the talent one of those men have.Play your Metallica and bang you head off you fucking keyboard for all I care. Hopefully it will knock some since into your brain dead heads. But the band will still not give a shit about you.
|
|
#13
 2002-08-01, 17:35
|
djsam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
So wait, just because there are guitarists more talented than Metallicas, that means they don't have talent? Jesus.
And, whats with trashing distortion? If you really did listen to Steve Vai, you'd realize that he uses 10x more effects than Metallica. Metallicas weapons of choice are a guitar, an overdriven amp, and occassionally an extra stompbox. If you've ever had the pleasure of seeingn Steve Vai play live, the number of pedals he has access to is incredible. Hell, he plays with more onstage than I even own.
And I definately beg to differ. If you wanna talk raw talent, lets take Clapton, who plays faster, more precise, more diverse music? Don't get me wrong, I love Clapton, I own all of his albums, including a wonderful bootleg of his concert at the rainbow theater, alll the tracks, but anyway, my point is, Clapton, for all his skill, that doesn't mean he's more talented than Metallica's guitarists.
|
|
#14
 2002-08-01, 23:56
|
Ain 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
Im not trashing distortion just the sound.
And I know exactly what Steve Vai uses. http://www.guitargods.com/GuitarGods/Vai/VAIGgear.htm
And your wrong Metallica uses alot more. http://drum_boy10.tripod.com/metalhangar/id11.html
|
|
#15
 2002-08-02, 00:05
|
djsam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
I guess I didn't make it obvious enough that I was talking about playing live. :|
You can't really judge a guitarists skill on how something sounds on an album, it shows some of their skill, but it shows a lot more of the producers.
|
|
#16
 2002-08-08, 16:30
|
LutherX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
To answer the thread's topic question... I don't know of any new albums coming about by Metallica... Then again, I stopped paying attention to them after their Black album. Saw them live once since then, and that's it. I don't own any albums after Black and it will probably stay that way, but I'd still pay to go see them live. They put on the second best show I've ever seen (Kiss was the best), although they did come off quite a bit conceded and acting like assholes. I wonder if they always have that attitude during their shows. Hetfield says 'we have a new song, it isn't finished yet but hey you don't care do you?' and they start playing Disposable Heroes or something. Whomever says they aren't talented is living in denial... they were innovators, they helped bring metal to where it is, or at least to where it was at it's height (metal's in the crapper now, at least here in the US). MOP, RTL, Kill 'em All, Justice, those are all great albums. And back in the 80's, they WERE the Kings, nobody can deny that. However I'll agree with the flamers, they don't give a shit about their fans and now they are just milking their name for the money, putting out garbage like Load. They should've packed it up years ago, and saved themselves some respect. quote: I like them kid rock and prolly 2000 other bands most people hate and guess what I dont give two shits what you or anyone thinks.
Spoken like a true fan... you go boy! Most people hate my favorite bands too :-)
|
|
#17
 2002-08-09, 23:07
|
syphon detonator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
they really arent talented at all. talent is a natural gift a person is born with. no one in metallica has true talent. that doesnt mean that their music is simplistic and poorly written it jus means that they arent on the level of a musician or band iwth real talent.
personally i hate them but i will admit that the black album has some original sounding material. it wasnt the most amazing playing but it worked out fine. a band doesnt have to posses raw talent ot be a good band or enjoyable. but you have to admit calling htem talented is just insulting to truely talented individuals.
bach was talented. the man that can play all his songs is a good player, not a talented player. there is a difference, talent is born, skill is learned. a talented guitarist is the modern day equivelent of a virtuoso like bach
|
|
#18
 2002-08-11, 05:04
|
SUPERKILLER1911 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
listen to the song "one" that has some of mettalicas true colors shown in my op/
|
|
#19
 2002-08-11, 15:06
|
zake 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
i guess evryone should have an opinion. some of them may seem like a load of shit to another.
the A to the Q of this thread's that - yeah, metallica is comin out with a new album called dead kennedy somethin. n it's gonna suck big time. even worse than the loads. i heard they're doin a track with busta ryhmes. it woulda been better if they'd just burned themselves or somethin.
but i still think ajaf was the best album ever made.
|
|
#20
 2002-08-11, 18:43
|
Cokeboy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
DJSam's argument over metallica's use of distortion: "Metallicas weapons of choice are a guitar, an overdriven amp and occasionally an additional stomp box" You then flame Steve Vai for using loads of effects. You just proved Ain right by agreeing that there music is simple. Nice One! Metallica really do suck. And I love metal. Just not testosteroney bullshit outdated leather wearing chumpster metal.
|
|
#21
 2002-08-11, 19:20
|
djsam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
quote: You then flame Steve Vai for using loads of effects.
I never flamed vai, I would nev
|
|
#22
 2002-08-12, 07:57
|
LordJugz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Metallica Fans
New album coming out early next year. Nothing else new, just go to the website. or encycmet.com
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|