About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-07-22, 04:24
azriel69 azriel69 is offline
Regular
 
Default confessions:bands that you secretly like

I know that everybody has a band that they like but are too embrassed to tell anybody. I acually like culture club(don't laugh at me) so tell me yours.
 #2 
Old 2002-07-22, 17:12
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

I don't see why you shuld be embarassed just for liking a certain band :/
 #3 
Old 2002-07-22, 17:56
t0ne t0ne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

I wanna fuck the chicks from hanson...Oh, and I appreciate all music, I just don't go out and buy a destiny child album if I like a song or two...
 #4 
Old 2002-07-23, 02:00
Satin Worship Satin Worship is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

Moby. i don't know why. He makes me sleepy and happy.
 #5 
Old 2002-07-23, 14:11
luse86 luse86 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

Mine was The Christians, could never figure it out but I did like em.
 #6 
Old 2002-07-23, 15:46
jack's missing mind jack's missing mind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

Jimmy Eat World. My friends would never let that one go.

(Added a day or so later)LoL. I just found out most of my friends love em too.

[This message has been edited by jack's missing mind (edited 07-24-2002).]
 #7 
Old 2002-07-24, 04:42
Dwarven_Commando Dwarven_Commando is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

Don't be embarrassed for liking certain music. That's a sign that you're not being yourself in order to hang out with a certain group of people. Which almost everyone does to a degree. You don't have to go tell your hardcore metal friends that you were listening to Blink 182 in the car, but you don't have to be embarrassed if they found out or something. Sure, they'll tease you, that's what friends are for. But if they're actually your friends it'll be good-natured.

Oh, and mine would probably be Poison. lol
 #8 
Old 2002-07-24, 15:11
Sweet Victory Sweet Victory is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

i secretly like from autumn to ashes. my friends would probably make fun of me if they knew.
 #9 
Old 2002-07-25, 11:01
Jacross Jacross is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

quote:
Originally posted by t0ne:
I wanna fuck the chicks from hanson...Oh, and I appreciate all music, I just don't go out and buy a destiny child album if I like a song or two...


umm didnt anybody else pick up on this, ahhh they are all guys in that band, brothers.

oh and my band, aqua
 #10 
Old 2002-07-25, 17:02
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

*whispers* Neil Diamond (shhhhhhhh).
 #11 
Old 2002-07-25, 17:46
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

east 17
 #12 
Old 2002-07-25, 17:53
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

i secretly like slipknot. lol, no i dont.

slipknot was a dead song way before those nuts started calling themselves that....
 #13 
Old 2002-07-26, 01:31
darkwonders darkwonders is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

not so seceretly but maybe something i wont go out and say is , chris issac, enya, mozart, bach, beehtoven, and povirotti along wit alot of other opera.
 #14 
Old 2002-07-26, 08:40
Zyliah Zyliah is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

Aaron Carter! He makes me giggle with his musical stories of internet love.
 #15 
Old 2002-07-29, 00:47
DMT DMT is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

don't tell anyone i told you this but i secretly like...No Doubt.
*hangs head in shame*
 #16 
Old 2002-07-29, 04:20
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

I like pretty much everything (except shit with no talent like nsuck and backdoor boys) and i'm willing to admit it, so that covers pretty much everything people tease me for liking.
 #17 
Old 2002-07-29, 17:38
You Call Us Criminals You Call Us Criminals is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

Train. I . . . like . . . Train.
 #18 
Old 2002-07-29, 18:18
darkwonders darkwonders is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

aaron carter is the shit, thats how i beat shaq is one of the best songs ever. i love him. it's like boom boom i put it in the hoop.
 #19 
Old 2002-07-29, 18:32
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

hmm im not sure lets see, russian red army choir,iggy pop,M C Hammer,avril lavigne,beach boys,beastie boys,the XTC pirates,michelle branch,police,moby,and the list goes on and on...
 #20 
Old 2002-07-29, 19:54
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

quote:
Originally posted by darkwonders:
not so seceretly but maybe something i wont go out and say is , chris issac, enya, mozart, bach, beehtoven, and povirotti along wit alot of other opera.



I'm in the same boat. I kind of enjoy the occasional classical piece. and I do like that Chris Isaac song, although occasionally it's depressing as hell. I can't stand Enya, though. she's ALWAYS depressing. that crap reminds me of fucking hippy tree huggers running around on a windy beach chanting and crap. it just looks so... pathetic!

Moby, I kind of like that stuff.

only a few years ago I would never have mentioned the beatles to anyone in my school, I did that once, and I got beat up for it. it's different now, though, cause everyone knows and respects the fact that the beatles literally are the best band ever, in the history of the 20th century. by far. in a few years, most of the pop stars now a days will be washed up, britney spears will be an ugly old prune, justin timber-whatsit will be dead, and the other 95% of them boy bands will have recessed into obscurity. but, the Beatles are STILL loved by many of todays younger generation. there is no reason to be embarrassed about liking them. they have written masterpiece upon masterpiece, and have already gone down in history as the greatest rock band there ever was. and nobody can deny that, no matter what sort of music you listen to.

thank you, good evening. or afternoon, or morning...
 #21 
Old 2002-07-29, 20:43
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

quote:
Originally posted by Township Rebellion:

the greatest rock band there ever was. and nobody can deny that



i can but i think ill spare us from the flame war.
 #22 
Old 2002-07-30, 01:27
SkullKid SkullKid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

::sigh:: I like poser main stream music yes I admit it here but nowhere else. Pop-punk, Greenday, Blink182, Jimmy Eat World, and yes Sugarcult. I'm gunna go kill myself now.
 #23 
Old 2002-07-30, 06:52
DemonAlchohal DemonAlchohal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

Atari teenage riot....
 #24 
Old 2002-07-30, 16:08
Regular
 
The land of milk and honey
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

Why be ashamed of being an atari fan? Theyre fuckin great. My secret shame is my ear for thuggish rap, tupac, big l, vinnie paz.
 #25 
Old 2002-08-01, 05:23
quinnifred quinnifred is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

Britney( not really a band...but a robot none the less) ...She is just sooo..damn cute
 #26 
Old 2002-08-01, 13:32
draco666999 draco666999 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

new found glory, fuckin catchy pop wannabe punk
 #27 
Old 2002-08-08, 19:47
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

Well..If you asked most of my friends, I guess im considered a, uh, "punk"..and I love punk rock, too... yet, I have a giant collection of Rap music..

And as for the band im embarressed to let my friends know about,
Vanilla Ice...

[EDIT : Spelling error]

[This message has been edited by runaway (edited 08-08-2002).]
 #28 
Old 2002-08-09, 08:20
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

I still like some of Limp Bizkits songs, namely Faith. If I have not pointed that out already. If I have, you may shoot me.
 #29 
Old 2002-08-09, 09:50
louis louis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

my friends at school are all in to Garage or RnB and mainstream Hip Hop.

i like underground hip hop, but not Rnb or Garage i like a lot of rock, i tell everyone who i like except i am embarrased about likng a lot of dance music (PPK especially) i also like fischerspooner, but after telling people i found that a lot of them like it too.

I looooooooooooooooooooooove Britney.
i also like the beatles
why is that something to be embarrased about?
 #30 
Old 2002-08-09, 19:28
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

Bob Marley, most any classcal, Ayumi Hamasaki, tons of oldies (way better than the manufactured bullshit that's condemming our radios), Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (other courtry too), Nobuo Uematsu

actually I'm not really ashamed of liking any of these, but it's not information I'd uaually volunteer
 #31 
Old 2002-08-10, 20:10
Malignant Malignant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

dude, from autumn to ashes is nothing to be shameful to like. They fuckin rock. If i HAD to say who i secretly liked musically-wise, it would probably be Moby and Enya. Those songs make me sleep. Sleep + me = happy. Also i personally like Saves the Day, even though most think i'm a hardcore-punk-wannabe. I also like Mindless Self Indulgence, even though their songs are utter crap
 #32 
Old 2002-08-13, 19:54
dugmenn dugmenn is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

quote:
Originally posted by Zyliah:
Aaron Carter! He makes me giggle with his musical stories of internet love.


LMAO ive always like blink182 and also moby. lol and um riddlin kids.
 #33 
Old 2002-08-13, 19:59
dugmenn dugmenn is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

what lesson does this thread teach us? what is the morol? maby we all have are power pop secrets and shouldnt hide the pop artist we love.

[This message has been edited by dugmenn (edited 08-13-2002).]
 #34 
Old 2002-09-02, 22:49
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

Vanilla ice rocks have you heard him with the blood hound gang
 #35 
Old 2002-09-02, 23:09
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

I guess No Doubt, but it's not like I won't admit it, I just feel kinda weird about having it on my hard drive along with my huge collection of metal and rap.
 #36 
Old 2002-09-02, 23:14
third eye third eye is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

Elton John, whoo!, yeah!
 #37 
Old 2002-09-03, 00:32
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

We are Devo.
 #38 
Old 2002-09-03, 06:35
Ulsterman Ulsterman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

....every once in awhile ifind myself jacking off to the peaceful songs of......uh, Jewel. man that sucks.
 #39 
Old 2002-09-03, 10:21
skalez skalez is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

i have a version of "Down Under" (originally by the australian band Men at Work) by the Red Army Choir

man its cool
 #40 
Old 2002-09-04, 08:38
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

Lindisfarne - they just sound like music taken from the brilliant film Willow.

Peace Renegade,
 #41 
Old 2002-09-07, 20:29
Doug-44 Doug-44 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

quote:
Originally posted by Ulsterman:
....every once in awhile ifind myself jacking off to the peaceful songs of......uh, Jewel. man that sucks.


you jack off to jewel? huh? what?
 #42 
Old 2002-09-11, 15:23
Askr Askr is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

im a punk ive got spiked hair i wear my plaids and my studded belt and jacket and what not all the time and i play the guitar in a failing street punk band. anyway...

i like Elvis. He was the king baby!


(editied cause i forgot words again, sorry)

[This message has been edited by Askr (edited 09-11-2002).]
 #43 
Old 2002-09-11, 19:08
D.N.S D.N.S is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

quote:
Originally posted by Z3m:
We are Devo.


are we not men?
 #44 
Old 2002-09-13, 22:59
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

ok i admit to liking some stupid bands like blink 182 and greenday i also love bob marley but i am not ashamed of it he is the FUCKING man i mean everyone loves his music right??
 #45 
Old 2002-09-15, 22:05
0mega 0mega is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

I'd have to say certain emopunk bands like Blink 182, Jimmy Eat World, New Found Glory, Good Charlotte, etc.
 #46 
Old 2002-09-16, 20:47
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

Everclear, Britany Spears, No Doubt, Eminem, Green Day, Jimmy Eat World, The Indigo Girls, Nickle Creek, Toby Kieth (a lot of country rock stars) there are others, but I do like them even though I hate Gwen Stefani and I think Britany Spears managers must be pedophiles and Art whatshisface whines too much and Eminem is a lot of shock.

Cheers,
Lost

[This message has been edited by LostCause (edited 09-16-2002).]
 #47 
Old 2002-09-17, 00:06
RedBananaMonkey RedBananaMonkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

my friends always look at my whole CD collection as being funny...

Where else can you find Bob Marley, Tori Amos, George Michaels, Tool, All of Toby Keith and George Staight's albums, Radiohead, Gorillaz, Pearl Jam, Billie Holliday, The Beatles, Iron Maiden, and Chinese Flute music all in the same place?????
 #48 
Old 2002-10-09, 02:29
crack_terrorist77 crack_terrorist77 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL!
 #49 
Old 2002-10-09, 05:52
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

quote:
Originally posted by crack_terrorist77:
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL!


nothing wrong with CCR, or the Beatles. I'm not ashamed at all about loving that sort of music, and CCR is one of the best.
 #50 
Old 2002-10-09, 20:44
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: confessions:bands that you secretly like

quote:
Originally posted by D.N.S:
are we not men?


d-e-v-o

[This message has been edited by Cobranaut (edited 10-09-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics