About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-06-12, 19:36
pledge_your_grievance pledge_your_grievance is offline
Regular
 
Default Pearl Jam

On the 'vocals' board, I posted my
opinions of the greatest band of the last
ten years, Pearl Jam. I would like to hear
your views!
 #2 
Old 2002-06-16, 18:34
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pearl Jam

hey man, i LOVE pearl jam too!! they are a great band. what I'd like to know is what the hell is going on with them? I posted a thread about them awhile back, trying to figure out any OFFICAL information about any new albums, tours, singles, etc. do have any yourself?

my views, I really like pearl jam a lot myself. they are different than most bands and I really do think they have some powerful messages and lyrics. I love mike mcready's guitar riffs and solos and eddie has a unique, talented voice. i was way to young to know what the hell was going on with them, especially when they were a lot bigger, not that it matters but i still didnt even know that they existed. so i am always wishing that I could have went to a concert of theirs. thats why I would be SO happy to hear any offical information. i have reserched but cannot find definite answers.

so whats some of your memories?
 #3 
Old 2002-06-17, 02:56
pledge_your_grievance pledge_your_grievance is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pearl Jam

cool!!! nice to see ONE Pearl Jam fan!!
im from illinois.. ive seen PJ twice
in concert.... they are a great live band
...pick up 'touring band 2000'.. it will give you an idea
of what PJ is like live..Im 27.. used to skate in my teens,
was raised on REAL punk music.... Punk and skateboarding back then were very anti-establishment...I think thats why I gravitated to
PJ and the other 'Seattle' bands... anyways, i still
look back to that time as the best era of music
of my life.... A lot of 'kids' on here claim 'punk'
,'nonconformist'or even 'anarchist'.. yet spend all
day in front of a computer or tv screen... i enjoy all
these mediums,too...but I also remember back when
I really felt a part of something different....Hard to explain...
 #4 
Old 2002-06-17, 03:16
eth0 eth0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pearl Jam

I love Pearl Jam, as well as a lot of the popular Seattle bands. I love Alice in Chains. RIP Layne. Anyways, what do you guys think of the Aaron Lewis doing 'Black'? I think he did the song justice.
 #5 
Old 2002-06-17, 22:40
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pearl Jam

cool man! im from illinois too!!! im only 16, man u r one lucky bastard. i always wish that i was born around 1975 so I'd be growing up around that time when they were bigger and when all that music was "alive" and there was that something in the air and you knew they were something and there was still music to be made. *sigh*

personally im not a fan of much current music
so i do listen to a lot older stuff. i also tend to like the grunge scene a lot too, although im sure you know what I mean when I say grunge, its not like i was one of those taken away kids by television and so i like "grunge" i know the media labeled it that, but basically I am into the older seattle music scene, more so the west coast like RHCP and STP.

o yea, i do have the DVD 2000 tour and I have the yeild sessions one too. I would have loved to see them in concert. man u r so lucky to have been living in that era.


WHERE R U PREAL JAM?!? (any one know??)
 #6 
Old 2002-06-18, 05:29
pledge_your_grievance pledge_your_grievance is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pearl Jam

wassup, grungy! it is very cool to see a young cat
appreciate 'older' music. a lot of young music fans
see bands like Creed, The Calling, Lifehouse,and
even Staind and are oblivious to the overly apparent
influence Pearl Jam had on them. especially Creed..
and yes, i was very fortunate to have been a teen in
what i consider the golden age of music..not just
because of PJ, either... a lot of great bands were
conceived in that time. like you, i am definitely not
a fan of most new music( except maybe eminem!)
and constantly find myself buying older music...
if i may, i would like to suggest a few artists cds
you may enjoy with an open mind... The Police
'synchronicity'. Blind Melon 'Blind Melon", and a
very personal fav, Living Colour 'Times Up'.....
I also reaaly dig Fiona Apples latest 'when the pawn...'
... remember OPEN MIND!!.... And Grungy, if you dont
already play an instrument, pick one up... in these
times, the world could use a musician with your
influences..... i play guitar myself....one more thing
... speaking of aaron lewis... i heard his cover of 'Black'
....it wasnt bad, i just wish he hadntcovered that song..
to me its kind of cheap.... just my opinion... later
 #7 
Old 2002-06-18, 22:21
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pearl Jam

hey man, yea i do play the drums, not very good, I should pick them up some more but yea I do play that. i recognize most of those artists you said and I'll look into them. and I agree pearl jam definitly influenced those bands as well as others. actually I do like creed, all though not as much as pj. I think creed's sound was of course influenced upon pj, but they do take a different standpoint in lyrics, themes and image which I respect them for otherwise they would be true rip offs.

also I love, ALL pj's music, Im NOT one of those kids who like grunge and say my top favorite songs/bands are, Nirvana-Smells like Teen spirit. Pearl Jam-Jeremy, SoundGarden-Black Hole Sun. all those songs are good, but you (not directly you, cos I am for sure you arent one of those "fans") gotta listen to the rest of there songs, I can think of at least 3 better songs for each one by each band on the top of my head, not that teen spirit, jeremy and black hole sun r bad, but thats just radio friendly stuff. sorry to digress so much but just a though on my head.

Glad to see someone who shares some comon ideas!!!!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics