About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-06-11, 03:55
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Songs To Sing

At practice the other day they asked me to just sing a few songs that they would know how to play. They can play just about anything, but I realized: I really don't know very many songs. I'm always so busy writing my own songs I don't pay so much attention to other songs.

What are some good songs to learn?

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2002-06-12, 02:31
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Songs To Sing

TEB
semi-charmed life

greenday
she

rancid
ruby soho

im just throwing out some songs people can sign along to but arent sick of hearing. a show is always better if you know the words to the songs
 #3 
Old 2002-06-12, 20:58
jack's missing mind jack's missing mind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Songs To Sing

Violent Femmes - Why Can't I Get Just one Kiss?

Misfits - Last Caress

Kingsmen - Louie, Louie

Velvet Underground - Sweet Jane

I don't know. Just a few suggestions that at least someone from your audience would probably know.
 #4 
Old 2002-06-17, 03:26
t0ne t0ne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Songs To Sing

Lost, you have to listen to some Mathew Good band songs.

I likeI'll rate them from best to least favourite):
Born to kill*
Fated**
Under the influence***
Running for home****
Rico
Tripoli
Fearless
Raygun
My out of style is coming back
Deep Six

They're male vocals, but I'd like to here a female sing them. I really dig female vocalists.

You said your band was synthy or like synth pop?? Try Switchblade symphony


That's all I can think of right now
 #5 
Old 2002-06-22, 22:03
BaalBigor BaalBigor is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Songs To Sing

the man who sold the world
nothing else maters
unforgiven
come as you are
where did you sleep last night
play some rock
narcotic
something from RHCP,RATM,SOAD and Alanis is always god but those I named are easy to sing and play so everybody can come along
 #6 
Old 2002-06-26, 02:00
NapalmNate505 NapalmNate505 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Songs To Sing

Dying Fetus - Rape Your Mother, Eat your Dog

Deicide - Worry in the house of thieves

Cannibal Corpse - Sentenced to Burn

Six Feet Under - Impulse to Disembowel
 #7 
Old 2002-10-24, 02:25
Obelisk1125 Obelisk1125 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Songs To Sing

Call of Ktulu- Metalica
 #8 
Old 2002-10-24, 02:55
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Songs To Sing

quote:
You said your band was synthy or like synth pop?? Try Switchblade symphony



I'm very sad, because at this very moment, (or sometime this evening), Switchblade Symphony, Razed in Black, and Sigue Sigue Sputnik are playing at a Cleopatra records function. But its its fucking hollywood!! DAMMIT!!


But yeah, Switchblade Symphony has amazing vocals.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-24, 07:29
D.N.S D.N.S is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Songs To Sing

i wanna kill you - gg allin
sing that
 #10 
Old 2002-10-24, 19:57
40ozTOfreedom 40ozTOfreedom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Songs To Sing

all nirvana songs ever.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-24, 23:10
Squarepants Squarepants is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Songs To Sing

quote:
Originally posted by Obelisk1125:
Call of Ktulu- Metalica


Woot, i can sing that one.

P.S., go with Cannibal Corpse.... I always sing 'Puncture Wound Massacre' and it gets lots of attention.

 #12 
Old 2002-10-25, 05:35
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Songs To Sing

Woa, where did this come from? I posted this a million or so years ago.

In any case, I do a pretty damn good cover of Come As You Are now, thanks to this thread.

Cheers,
Lost
 #13 
Old 2002-10-27, 17:15
Doug-44 Doug-44 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Songs To Sing

several good ones,

violent femmes- in the sun
nirvana-about a girl
sound garden- black hole sun
nofx-leave it alone
 #14 
Old 2002-10-31, 00:23
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Songs To Sing

Can anyone reccommend any Tool songs?

Cheers,
Lost
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics