|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| ... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-06-03, 03:01
|
LordJugz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
That one special song (or more)
Whats the song that sends shivers down your spine, brings a tear to your eye, or just makes you feel totally strange when you hear it? I have tons, Metallica : Fade to Black, Nothing Else Matters, Hero of the Day, Mama Said, and Fixxxer. Blind Guardian: To France, The Bards Song:In the Forest, Another Holy War (last few lines). Dio: Dont Talk to Strangers. Beatles: Hey Jude, Let it Be, Come Together, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Yesterday, and Elanor Rigby. Guns N Roses (yea, they had some too): Sweet Child of Mine, November Rain. AND THE SHOCKER! Eminem: Cleaning out my Closet, Stan, The Way I am.
Most of em are heavy metal and rock, but i had to put eminem in there. To me there is no certain type of music, i listen to it all, lets you talk to people about music more.
|
|
#2
 2002-06-03, 03:49
|
humanferret666 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: That one special song (or more)
lol, thats the gayest thing ive ever heard, eminem? what ze hell is wrong with you? gahh, listen to real music, like mindless self indulgence, only the best band ever!
|
|
#3
 2002-06-03, 04:12
|
LordJugz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: That one special song (or more)
have you ever really give eminem a listen? check out those songs, i dont like much rap, but i think hes one of the best rappers. mindless self indulgence, what kind of music is that?
|
|
#4
 2002-06-04, 00:10
|
Gravehead 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: That one special song (or more)
In some ways, I have a deep respect for Eminem's work. But not every way.
|
|
#5
 2002-06-04, 01:40
|
fred_nahr 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: That one special song (or more)
Before you try and flame me, i dont give a shit what you think, i listen to what I like at thats it.
(my old girlfriend and I's make out song) S Club 7-never had a dream come true
(our "other" song) crazytown-butterfly
mt favorite song (mostly cus it describes me, cept less pathetic) Greenday-Basker Case
|
|
#6
 2002-06-04, 05:44
|
humanferret666 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: That one special song (or more)
i have listened to eminem before, and i still dont like his music, and to that guy that posted whatever about crazy town and that butterfly song, i indeed also enjoy that song, try some of their other music..... what kind of music is mindless self indulgence? umm....its kinda hard to put a name on it...listen to some of it and youll see
|
|
#7
 2002-06-04, 19:41
|
freon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: That one special song (or more)
These days I'm mainly listening to Emo-core, which I realise is very trendy of me, but I'm not ashamed of myself since I genuinely like the music. Songs that really get me these days are:
Pedro the Lion: Of Minor Prophets and their Prostitute Wives Brandtson: Grace Thinks I'm a Failure Sunny Day Real Estate: Pillars
Aside from Emo there are a few songs that I'd have to call all-time favourites of mine. They are:
Leonard Cohen: Chelsea Hotel Bob Dylan: Don't Think Twice, It's All Right Nine Inch Nails: Something I Can Never Have Pantera: Cemetary Gates Nick Cave: Into My Arms
- Freon
[This message has been edited by freon (edited 06-04-2002).]
|
|
#8
 2002-06-06, 14:47
|
tHeRoBoT49 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: That one special song (or more)
I don't like Eminem at all either, nor do many other people I know (I'm from Southeast Michigan by the way). But damn, he sure does sell a lot of ablums. I just heard on the radio this morning that his new album sales passed the 1 million mark or higher. I'm not a rap fan at all, and I don't like his music, but I will admit one thing, he is a pretty good marketing genious if he can sell that many albums.
Oh yeah, back to the real topic, a few songs that I like are.
Nine Inch Nails: Into the Void, The Perfect Drug. Radiohead: Street Sprit (Fade Out), Paranoid Android. Beastie Boys: Sabatoge (well the Beasties are my only rap exception).
|
|
#9
 2002-06-07, 16:04
|
Township Rebellion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: That one special song (or more)
Well, now...
I don't mind eminem, but I'm not really into the stuff.
back to the task at hand:
Black Sabbath: War pigs RATM: Know your Enemy, Township Rebellion (obviously, it inspired my name), bulls on parade, Maria, their vers. of Street Fighting Man, Guerilla Radio. Slipknot: Liberate, Wait and Bleed, People=Shit, Heretic Anthem Beatles:I am the Walrus, Hey Jude, Day tripper. that song always makes my day. CCR: Down on the Corner Beastie Boys: Brass Monkey, Sabotage, Intergalactic. Korn: ADIDAS (The intro reminds me of the porsche engine turning on when I was a kid) Manic Street Preachers: you stole the Sun Sloan: Money City Maniacs, Chester the Molester Red Hot Chili Peppers: most of the Blood Sugar Sex Magik album, Around the World BENEFIT: warp to world 6-9 (that song is hilarious, and always reminds me of the great video games of the past.) Rob D: clubbed to death Led Zeppelin: Stairway to heaven, Kashmir Three Dog Night: Must let the Show go On
hmm... that's all I can think of right now. but there are probably others.
cheerio, TR
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|