About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-06-01, 07:32
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Heavy Metal

Who here listens to heavy metal? I'm not talkin about new metal like slipknot, disturbed, ect... cause that does NOT fall under the category of heavy metal. Heres some bands.

Metallica - Believe it or not, the 1st FIVE Metallica albums were heavy metal. The band just grew up, got mature and now their music isnt as heavy.

Blind Guardian
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden
Motor Head
Blitz Krieg
and many more.

Im also not talkin about hair bands. For example Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Scorpion.


(I have a really bad feeling im gonna get flamed for saying that about Metallica
 #2 
Old 2002-06-01, 12:39
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

I like old Metallica and Megadeth, I love Iron Maiden. Can Slayer be called metal? Well, I like Slayer. I like Dio. Uh, yeah there are probably more.
 #3 
Old 2002-06-01, 13:10
draco666999 draco666999 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

i like heavy metal

in flames, the haunted, at the gates, metallica, pantera, slayer, there is alot mor i just too stoned to rember
 #4 
Old 2002-06-01, 14:44
Syntex Syntex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

yes,i do as well.
 #5 
Old 2002-06-01, 16:36
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

Speakin of Dio, im gonna see them today with deep purple and Scorpions. Yea, slayer and pantera are definitly metal
 #6 
Old 2002-06-02, 00:15
Impulses Impulses is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

Rammstein? Is that considered metal?
 #7 
Old 2002-06-02, 02:24
SUPERKILLER1911 SUPERKILLER1911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

I personally don't like Rammstein.I saw them at POA but the only thing I enjoyed about there set was the pyrotex and the heavy moshing.
 #8 
Old 2002-06-03, 02:54
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

Rammstein I would have to say they are. I also have TONS of respect for them (not cause of their dildo act on stage which i might add was very.. um.. interesting) but because they are one of the few bands who managed to squeeze into the US mainstream music industry.
 #9 
Old 2002-06-03, 03:53
humanferret666 humanferret666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

lol,this is turning into a ramstein board, heh, metallica is definately great, i would have to say my favoritte song by them is....hmm.. maybe battery? yeh, id stick with that. ramstein is awesome, they toured with the best group in the whole world, mindless self indulgence, and to anybody who sees that i post a comment on about every board, yes, i do, blow me, mindless sefl indulgence really is just that damn good.
 #10 
Old 2002-06-05, 00:22
spikeofsatan spikeofsatan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

I listen to that old metal stuff, but its not as heavy as the newer bands that I like better, you cant diss classics though. Im into Death Metal; Cradle of filth, Dismembered fetus, Superjoint Ritual, Cannibal Corpse, ect.. ect..

And I will dissagree with you on metallica, they were a good band, but they were mainly responsible for taking down napster, We have other stuff now, but Napster was the orignal. I cant forgive them for that, ever, so no matter what the rest of you say... Metallica can go suck a dick!
 #11 
Old 2002-06-05, 01:35
KingofWalrus KingofWalrus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

American Head Charge

Is really fucking Special
 #12 
Old 2002-06-05, 02:44
yostyle yostyle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

I would just like to add Rage,not US rage against the machine, but the german band plu sof course iron maiden,metallica (everything before black!),in flames,dimmu borgir and a lot more I am just too fucked up to list them all....
 #13 
Old 2002-06-05, 02:45
yostyle yostyle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

ohh I forgot Rammstein rocks!!
 #14 
Old 2002-06-05, 14:18
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

quote:
Originally posted by yostyle:
I would just like to add Rage,not US rage against the machine, but the german band plu sof course iron maiden,metallica (everything before black!),in flames,dimmu borgir and a lot more I am just too fucked up to list them all....


Woah, WHAT???? there's a EUROPEAN RAGE??? they could be sued... although that isn't really RATM's style.

I would have to say:
Black Sabbath (how come no one has mentioned the best metal band ever? Ozzy rules!)
Metallica (We all know that the older, heavy metal stuff is better than the new crap)
I'll put Rage Against The Machine, although they're a more hardcore band.
Sepultura/soulfly is pretty good stuff.
Slipknot as my fav. new/thrash band. I wouldn't call them real metal like the above, though.
Cradle of Filth Sucks. it's so... screachy, femenine almost. they're all a bunch of freaks...
Rammstien is a pretty cool Industrial Band.
hmm...
oh, yes
I would Call System of a Down a Hardcore/metal band of their own style.
Mudvayne is pretty cool, too.
 #15 
Old 2002-06-06, 14:19
SolitaryPsycho SolitaryPsycho is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

Cradle of Filth are my favourite band, Dimmu Borgir kinda goes hand in hand with that, although I'm not a huge fan, I have a few of their CDs. They are CoF#2. Wykked Wytch are the female version of Cradle, but I listen to em. I also love Iced Earth, My Dying Bride and Anathema, which I'd class pretty much under the same genre...they all have emotional lyrics and sound. I listen to various types of metal, from Cradle of Filth to Nine inch Nails...Rammstein are great, although I don't as yet own any of their stuff. I like to know what's being said, ya know?? I have Slayers latest CD, but think their older stuff was better. Tool - I have Lateralus but do think they are a little over rated. Talented yes, but over rated all the same. I really like female vocals so Sinergy, Lacuna Coil and Dark Moor are among my CD collection. The Gathering I like a lot, great lyrics and good sound. I think this shall do for the time being, although there are more..
 #16 
Old 2002-06-12, 16:52
Sweet Victory Sweet Victory is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

draco, youve got good taste.
 #17 
Old 2002-06-12, 22:10
yostyle yostyle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

Dear Township Rebellion, I agree with pretty much all that you said except cradle of filth sux.Cradle of filth man is one of the best band in the current darkwave! I am pretty sure you don`t understand what they`re saying and they`re maybe to hard for you thats why you dont like them. Try to d/l The forest whispers my name,her ghost in the fog,gothic romance(red roses to the devil`s whore) or my personal favourite Hollowed be thy name (iron maiden cover)
Concerning Rage they`ve been around long before rage against the machine so they should sue not the other way around.
you should check them out too (black in mind the album is one of my favourites)
and there is a bunch of scandinavian bands that I forgot to mention,they`re too many and they are pretty good...i`ll list them later

 #18 
Old 2002-06-14, 17:05
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heavy Metal

when did this "Rage" from europe come out? Rage started in 1990. first album was 1991, and then there was everything before that.
As for cradle of Filth, I'm not really into the gothic - satanist type stuff.

It's just not me.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics