About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-23, 18:48
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Looking For Mp3's Of The Pixies And Wire

Can't find them anywhere. Every time I try looking them up, I get something about faeries or hardware.

Specifically looking for Pink Flag (the song not the whole album) by Wire.

Tame and Wave of Multilation by The Pixies.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2002-05-23, 19:07
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking For Mp3's Of The Pixies And Wire

http://mp3.hurley.nu used to have some mp3s of the pixies, but i think the site is down at the moment
 #3 
Old 2002-05-23, 19:16
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking For Mp3's Of The Pixies And Wire

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~thrashin/pixies/audio.htm

Thes files seem to be unavalable now, bu I guess they'll be back up.

Have you tried sharing programmes (kazaa, e-donkey)?

If you still can't find 'em. I'll put em online on my site.
 #4 
Old 2002-05-23, 19:44
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking For Mp3's Of The Pixies And Wire

Here, I've allready got Tame and wawe of mulation up.

Pixies

Enyoj!

Goddamn angelfire. Can't link from other websites. Well, I'll fix it tomorrow

otherwise cpoy/paste the link into your browser "http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/dragonballcollectors/Temp"

[This message has been edited by XeNobiTe (edited 05-23-2002).]

[This message has been edited by XeNobiTe (edited 05-23-2002).]
 #5 
Old 2002-05-23, 20:17
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Looking For Mp3's Of The Pixies And Wire

One site was down.

Another one didn't have Tame or Wave of Multilation.

And, I can't seem to get the ones on your site: Xenobite, to download.

I suppose this is technical problems?

I'll keep looking.

Cheers,
Lost
 #6 
Old 2002-05-24, 05:29
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking For Mp3's Of The Pixies And Wire

copy/paste "http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/dragonballcollectors/Temp"
into your browser (without the "" of course) and then you need to right click on one of the songs and select "save as" from the menu.
 #7 
Old 2002-05-24, 19:05
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Looking For Mp3's Of The Pixies And Wire

Thanks. That helpped a lot, Xenobite. I got Tame off there. I'd already tracked down Wave of Mutilation and have Reuters on a comp CD. Now all I need is Pink Flag.

Cheers,
Lost
 #8 
Old 2002-05-24, 19:52
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking For Mp3's Of The Pixies And Wire

Shit man, that wire song is fuckin hard to find. I tracked a mp3 of it down at this ftp server. [url=ftp://look:look@68.3.190.161/D:/FTP/Emp3s/Punk, Post-Punk, New Wave/Wire - Pink Flag - 1977/Wire - Pink Flag - 10 Pink Flag.mp3
]ftp[/url] But you can't download it unless you have credits and you get those by uploading to the server. But if you want to upload you have to notify the owner firs (complicated dude) at thebigcheese@baldandsexy.com

He has the whole album i think.

http://www.oth.net/s/s?q=wire+-+pink+flag&cl=1

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics