About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-02, 15:39
Empireblues Empireblues is offline
Regular
 
Default ANTI-FLAG

Went to see them on Sunday with Millencolin - blew me away. Anybody into them on here?
 #2 
Old 2002-05-02, 17:31
PUnKinpiE PUnKinpiE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ANTI-FLAG

Yeh I like them alot but I havent seen me cd for fakin ages...
Tis stupid I missed out the only gig this year I did not know about, where did they play? Birmingham arena would be good for that.
shit I will probably never see them.
HITS make up for it
x
 #3 
Old 2002-05-02, 18:15
Empireblues Empireblues is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ANTI-FLAG

Brixton Academy - it was damn good. They were even better than Millencolin I'd say - definitely put on a better show.

"This song is about putting your fist in the air and stamping your foot on the ground!"

Oooooooooooh...I like it.
 #4 
Old 2002-05-02, 20:07
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: ANTI-FLAG

yeah I like anti-flag's music....calling a bunch of other punk bands "conservative posers" doesn't sound like a great way to support a dying scene.
 #5 
Old 2002-05-04, 02:22
Regular
 
the happy land of australia
Default Re: ANTI-FLAG

its not bands like anti-flag thats wreaking the punk scene though, its the so called "conservative posers" doing it. wether you like it or not it is "conservative posers" that are destroying it, and if the truth hurts, then so be it.
 #6 
Old 2002-05-04, 07:54
Insanomunkyman Insanomunkyman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ANTI-FLAG

Anti-Flag is great! chances are i wont see them either, but, i can always walk into my room and turn em' up. I don't know why everyone is saying punk is slowly draning out of existance. punk is as strong as ever. people are getting into it every day. I do think that with all the new people getting into punk, that a "true" meaning of punk is being crystalized in everyone's eyes. people are forgetting that they need to find they're own meaning of what punk is. does anyone else feel this way?
 #7 
Old 2002-05-05, 03:59
spanky911 spanky911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ANTI-FLAG

people people people, i like anti-flag also. i have all their albums. but anti-flag is just the tip of the iceberg!!! i'm sick of the punk is dead bullshit. pull your head out of the fucking sand and look around punk isn't dead is just isn't the same as it was in 77 or 82. fuck it just pisses me off. how can punk be dead when the unseen, the virus, defiance, adolf and the piss artist, joe strummer are releasing albums and are very popular in the punk scene? seek and you shall find
 #8 
Old 2002-05-05, 14:05
Empireblues Empireblues is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ANTI-FLAG

As much as I believe that punk is primarily to do with not compromising in the face of social dictation, being yourself, fighting injustices and so on...it really does annoy me when people try to oust others from what they see as The Punk Scene because they might not hold these strong convictions that punks are "expected" to. I think as much as punk flies the flag for social revolution and so on, it stands for unity overall - if people like the music but don't care for the politics (there are ofcourse also alot of unpolitical punk bands) then they should be accepted and allowed to do this. Elitist punks fucking piss me off.
 #9 
Old 2002-05-05, 16:39
TheMouse TheMouse is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ANTI-FLAG

I like Anti-Flag. As someone who's been a politics junkie since I was 12, most of my music is political punk, metal and hip hop.
 #10 
Old 2002-05-10, 01:22
bunghole bunghole is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ANTI-FLAG

I like them because they are political and anti-alot-of-stuff. saw em back in april, it was a good, sweaty show in an over-crowded venue.
 #11 
Old 2002-05-11, 23:40
jack's missing mind jack's missing mind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ANTI-FLAG

I saw them in June. It was a good show until they came on. For, the next hour, there was maybe 20 minute sof music and 40 minutes of preaching. Also, they made it quite clear that the show must be controlled, otherwise Justin Sane might get pissy. Until they played, the show was out of control and it was just incredible. A lot of energy. One of the best shows I've ever been to. Then they came on and that was it...
 #12 
Old 2002-05-12, 08:16
Empireblues Empireblues is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ANTI-FLAG

Did you know that Justin Sane is allergic to cigarette smoke? (J.Sane= lead singer, just in case you didn't realise). I listened to an interview with him the other day, he says that they have to asked the crowd not to smoke and shit - I think that's fair enough, don't you?

"Preaching"? Hmm. They tended to let the songs talk for themselves when I saw them. There was probably just under 10 minutes of talking for a 40 minute set when I saw them.

 #13 
Old 2002-05-12, 19:32
Simonh Simonh is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ANTI-FLAG

Name some of these "conservative poser" bands...
 #14 
Old 2002-05-12, 19:34
PUnKinpiE PUnKinpiE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ANTI-FLAG

allergic to fucking cigarette smoke?
bludy hell i would be dead that is so harsh it impossible to go anywhere without people smoking, and noone would stop
 #15 
Old 2002-05-16, 06:41
spanky911 spanky911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ANTI-FLAG

yeah elitist punks piss me off too, when i first got into the punk scene i was confronted with the shunning of a newcomer. and i didn't really want to go back to shows for a while because nobody was being cool about new people. so now after being in a couple of bands and the "elite" punks give up their pride the punks ain't so bad. i quit one of my bands because the singer/guitarist was the biggest preacher on earth, you couldn't eat without him preaching. you couldn't drink without him preaching. i agree with vegeterians and vegans and straight edgers. but stop shoving it in my face hoping i might convert to your religion. yeah justin sane is allergic to smokes and let me tell you that being allergic to smoke doesn't make shows all that fun when you get a allergy attack. peace.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics