About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-04-24, 10:22
DoPesTeR-DaZe DoPesTeR-DaZe is offline
Regular
 
Default I FUCKEN MISSED OUT

I havent listened to tool for all that long and i just started getting pretty into them a couple of weeks ago...
About 10 minutes ago i rang a friend at their concert and i asked him to describe it in one word and he just held the phone up..
it sounded like an amazing concert i wish i had gone but tickets were sold out by the time i decided i wanted to go...

I hope they do another show here tomorrow night or the next night like they did last time they came out...

:*(
 #2 
Old 2002-04-24, 18:26
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I FUCKEN MISSED OUT

if you possibly can, go see tool. even if it's a four hour drive, just go. they fuckin rock and you'll regret not going in the end. always look for tix in the newspaper and check at the ticket window at the venue, sometimes surplus tickets can be available. at least thats the way it is around here
 #3 
Old 2002-04-24, 23:20
belarion23 belarion23 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I FUCKEN MISSED OUT

I totally agree with Canyonero. If you can afford it fly to the show! Tool is often dismissed by the critics but they are, in my viewpoint, one of the five best bands of the rock genre. One can use Tool as a tool of transcendence and I like them all the more because they could not care less what I or anyone else thinks. Be sure to check out " Opiate" and the DVD they have out if you have not already. The charcter on Aenima's inside jacket is Bill Hicks and you can pick up his stuff on Rykodisc (I assume they are still carrying it)-a comedian that makes you laugh and think.
Perhaps I am a bit preferential since J Maynard is of the esoteric bent and raised here in hell-that being redneck Ohio.
 #4 
Old 2002-04-25, 22:08
DoPesTeR-DaZe DoPesTeR-DaZe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I FUCKEN MISSED OUT

At their show they had acrobats performing the whole time and before they plaed the first song (the grudge) they had these acrobats all hanging from the roof in a noose (like they were being hung) how mad would that be !!!
at the end of the show maynard said
"I want you all to remmeber a feeling you had tonight, it doesnt have to be a good feeling, or a bad feeling, just remember a feeling and attach it to the memory of tonight, and with that go and do something positive"
He didnt play aenema my friend said perhaps because he's over the depression stage and that..
arrrgghh i wish i went !

 #5 
Old 2002-04-28, 00:21
SUPERKILLER1911 SUPERKILLER1911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I FUCKEN MISSED OUT

I really want to go.What is so crazy about there shows,someone said they throw wrenches into the crowd,i doubt it.
 #6 
Old 2002-04-28, 01:14
belarion23 belarion23 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I FUCKEN MISSED OUT

Simply put, the concert is intense. No wrenches to the best of my knowledge. However, as excellent as a Tool show is it does not top Crash Worship in their early days-small private venues, firecrackers, flaming pumpkins, members of the band pouring wine into your mouth from a flask and the crowd of 100 or so dancing naked. This was no milktoast Pagan Festival either. But Tool comes as close to the feeling generated by Crash Worship and they do it with thousands of audience members.
 #7 
Old 2002-04-30, 17:47
SUPERKILLER1911 SUPERKILLER1911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I FUCKEN MISSED OUT

sounds cool.ANything else interesting that they do to share?
 #8 
Old 2002-05-04, 05:50
belarion23 belarion23 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I FUCKEN MISSED OUT

Unfortunately not, Tool has simply become too big for this kind of concert nor do I know if they would put on such a show. Subjectively, it is the feeling generated. Of course, I feel the same about Grant Lee Buffalo.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics