About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-01-24, 08:36
LostCause1 LostCause1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Wesley Willis

I went to one of his concerts last night. It was the first concert of his I'd been to. I had no idea he was just a big, fat, skitzophrenic, black guy in front of a keyboard. It was hilarious. His first song was entitled "Osama Ben Laden; You Are A Jerk." It was beautiful. And the first opening band was so terrible that Willis actually wrote a song about how bad they sucked.

But, the second kids to play were these two rapping white boys called Grand Buffet and they were pretty hilarious. Then there was some German rock. Which, I usually don't like. But, they were really good so I rocked out.

Who knows anything about Tragedy Andy? I'm familiar with the name, but not with the work. I'm going to one of his concerts on Feb, 2.

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2002-01-24, 15:33
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

Hahahahah! Z3m introduced me to Wesley Willis. He's an odd one, is he not? Yet very funny. I've got some mp3's of his on my computer, they crack me up. Did you know he's from Detroit? I didn't until Z3m told me.

Luv,
Dank
 #3 
Old 2002-01-24, 21:26
LostCause1 LostCause1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

No, I didn't know that. :-) His little brother was there and kept yelling at everyone

"That's my brother! Hey! Wesley! Hey! That's my brother up there!"

It's was really fun. I'm going out to purchase one of his vinyls.

Cheers,
Lost
 #4 
Old 2002-01-25, 18:59
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

The guy seriously cracks me up!

Luv,
Dank
 #5 
Old 2002-01-25, 21:38
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

saw im about a year ago, i got so drunk that i got into a fight with my friend and blacked his eye... mmm, tequlia! anyway, did you let him headbutt you? he headbutted the fuck out of me, he was headbutting everyone around... i used to have a few tapes of him but i lost em somehwere...

rock over london, rock on chicago, wheaties, breakfast of champions!
 #6 
Old 2002-01-25, 22:16
LostCause1 LostCause1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

Yea, I got to head butt him. He was head butting everyone. Ya! And there were all these girls trying to make out with him but he wouldn't let them. It was beautiful!

Cheers,
Lost
 #7 
Old 2002-01-26, 01:58
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

*yuck* hes not really attractive...
 #8 
Old 2002-01-29, 15:27
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

LMAO, Girls were attempting to "get with" Wesley Willis?!
 #9 
Old 2002-01-29, 21:34
Garrison Garrison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

I saw him on his last tour with Grand Buffet. I'd like to see that show again if it comes through clevo this time...
 #10 
Old 2002-01-30, 07:46
LostCause1 LostCause1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

Grand Buffet kicked ass, too.

"Let's go find a cat?" Genius! I laughed so hard I nearly wet myself.

Yea, girls were all over him, it was amazing! He's a real chick magnet somehow... I don't see it, but obviously it's there.

Cheers,
Lost
 #11 
Old 2002-01-30, 17:36
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

I guess it's called groupies intrigued by popularity, money, and fame.

Dank
 #12 
Old 2002-01-30, 19:35
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

i first had a tape of his when i was in high school, which was the better part of a decade ago. i never really thought of wesley willis as rich and famous...
 #13 
Old 2002-01-30, 20:14
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

But there are ppl condidered as "groupies", Junglist, you can't deny that.

Dank
 #14 
Old 2002-01-30, 22:39
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

W.W. has neither popularity, money, nor fame. He's also ugly as sin.
 #15 
Old 2002-01-30, 23:19
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

when i saw him he was playing in a dive bar in a college town, i didnt realize that these sorts of musicians got groupies. hell ive played in a few bars and it never got me, wait come to think of it i did get laid once for it...

long live groupies!
 #16 
Old 2002-02-01, 01:44
LostCause1 LostCause1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

Honest? I don't think those girls were his groupies. I think they were mostly just drunk and amused. :-)

Cheers,
Lost
 #17 
Old 2002-02-01, 03:23
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

in all of my alcoholic rages, ive never smooched with the female equivlent of wsley willis. even if she were famous.

*yuck*
 #18 
Old 2002-02-01, 03:40
LostCause1 LostCause1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

That's something to be proud of.

Cheers,
Lost
 #19 
Old 2002-02-01, 04:32
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

I don't know. I think that, maybe, if he Wesley was a girl, I might kiss him hardcore.
 #20 
Old 2002-02-02, 21:10
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

**lost for words**
 #21 
Old 2002-02-03, 02:47
Deviant Deviant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

Rock Saddam Hussein's Ass!
 #22 
Old 2002-02-03, 02:49
Deviant Deviant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Wesley Willis

He was on Howard Stern and he also wrote a tribute to Jello Biafra which makes him quite the man.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics