|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| ... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2001-04-29, 21:55
|
MoRt 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Festival Tips Anyone???
I am going to the Leeds Festival in August. I have been to gigs before, but never to a festival. Tips please??? p.s, as nihilistic said, pac-men need not post. I am not going to spend a whole weekend listening to boom-boom-boom-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-boom-boom-boom, and chewing pills for breakfast. respec' man.
--------------- bYe ByE bAbY... ---------------
[This message has been edited by MoRt (edited 04-29-2001).]
|
|
#2
 2001-04-30, 06:46
|
krazd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Festival Tips Anyone???
ok a few thing to think about 1 money- how much will you need, drinks are expensive as, and where to keep it so it don't get stolen
2 if your a chick, you might want to avoid the mosh pit, most chicks say be prepared to be grabed everywhere and anywhere
3 avoid the toilets after dark
4 have fun and party hard
|
|
#3
 2001-04-30, 07:42
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Festival Tips Anyone???
If you like to get in and mosh, choose your spots. Festivals run for several hours, and I don't know that anybody can mosh to every band. Decide who you want to get hardcore to and then rest during the other sets.
|
|
#4
 2001-04-30, 17:39
|
MoRt 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Festival Tips Anyone???
Cheerz. Amy more pls?
p.s - The main reason I'm going is Marilyn Manson, so I'm gonna mosh then.
p.p.s - I ain't a bird. So probably no groping, but ya never know ya luck...
--------------- bYe ByE bAbY... ---------------
|
|
#5
 2001-05-01, 03:03
|
|
|
Re: Festival Tips Anyone???
well, well, its nice to know this site is certainly free of bias but on a different note 1: a tent (fairly obvious)you could paint something on it so you can find it in the sea of other similar tents. 2: lots of whatever stimulant turns you on (be it alcohol, weed or even pac-man related oooops.) if its booze you will be charged extortionate prices so its advisable to bring your own if it comes in a glass bottle put it in a plastic one or it will get taken off you 3: rubbers (you can work that one out yourself) 4: spare clothes in a plastic bag in case your tent gets waterlogged. 5: stupid clothes(remmember you are about to enter the main habitat of the 2 foot day glow furry yet floppy top hat. lie low and don't charge until you see the black of there dialated pupils.... sorry went a bit hunter.s. thompsen). 6: bog roll. thats all i can think off
------------------ dub.
[This message has been edited by dub (edited 05-01-2001).]
|
|
#6
 2001-05-02, 14:03
|
countzero 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Festival Tips Anyone???
okay as a seasoned festival goer (okay I've only been to 2) I would say the things to remember are:
1.) don't take anything expensive with you, It will get nicked and then you'll spend the rest of the weekend pissed off, this I know for a fact.
2.) be prepared to deal with completly mad people. They will be everywhere, it would help if you yourself are really mad.
3.) bring your own drugs, the stuff you'll be sold will be shit and really expensive.
4.) Remember where your tent is. spending 3 and a half hours looking for you tent is not funny, big or clever.
5.)Try not to go too mental too early reaching sunday and feeling like a complete and utter fuckup is not good. Try to pace yourself a little, yeah I know it's not easy.
thats about all I can think of I'm going to reading myself, enjoy!
|
|
#7
 2001-05-04, 23:23
|
Ulysses 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Festival Tips Anyone???
marilyn manson, ha ha ha
|
|
#8
 2001-05-07, 10:02
|
OldHippie48 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Festival Tips Anyone???
Just don't expect it to be like Woodstock; sadly,people seem to have changed too much. They won't let you be the same way we were... as time goes by, the world is less and less a free place to live.But I hope you have fun and I hope you stay safe,and I hope you try to make it a time to remember forever. Love and Peace, OLD HIPPIE
|
|
#9
 2001-05-07, 23:14
|
Mustard 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Festival Tips Anyone???
Glastonbury is canceled this year  . Glastonbury now being the biggest festival, bar woodstock this bad. It is canceled becuase they have been haveing problems with numbers so he is putting up a 8 foot fence. ------------------ Do as I say, Not as I do. Visit my BSS Deaths Kitchen www.fieldings43.freeserve.co.uk/DK.htm
|
|
#10
 2001-05-15, 08:55
|
dankgirl420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Festival Tips Anyone???
Keep all valuables that will fit in your sock!
|
|
#11
 2001-05-15, 22:22
|
MoRt 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Festival Tips Anyone???
I could climb over an 8-foot fence...
------------------ --------------- bYe ByE bAbY... ---------------
|
|
#12
 2001-05-18, 22:30
|
cntrdcton0fate 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Festival Tips Anyone???
Cloths gets ruined, money does get spent... lots. Watch the food, they rob you. I usually bring the minimum I need, and go with out. Often time it can be ridiculous. ...and while Marilyn Manson may be a horrible "musician", if you�re at a festival, and he's one of the acts, why waste the money and not go, if you go I'm sure the show is hellishly interesting, and the crowd insane. Look for the good in the bad, won't ya. I'm gonna miss Roskile, because of work. But the names this year weren�t that good anyway....
|
|
#13
 2001-05-27, 16:55
|
PUnKinpiE 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Festival Tips Anyone???
i MITE go to reading on the sunday too, but only cuz of hundred reasons and system, but what the fuck are rancid doin on sat with fuking feeder and gay manics? grrrr. I am a girl and u dont bludy get groped! i go mad and beat evryone up like everyone else does, blokes and girls, i duno wat moshpit uve been in, unless u r the groper.
Just go wild in the mosh and always drink loadssss water afyter each one, so its best to have like loads of empy litul bottles you can full up, or find on the ground. If you take 30 quid, youll loose 5 quid throgh lending to friends and being dumb, youll spend 10 on food somehow, and 15 on an item of band merchandise you can really do withot but buy anyway, then you get outside and after the show they are only a fiver. Take lots of food to save money and wear hardly any clothes but take layers with u in the mosh and take NOTHING in the pit. I found a nokia 3310 and kept it heheh. oo and take loads of money for beerness cuz its like 4 quid for a pint! And u cant smuggle it in that easy. Go with loads of friends and have a fuking rawkin time. Say hello to rancid for me, see you on sunday.
|
|
#14
 2001-05-27, 23:54
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Festival Tips Anyone???
Guys who try and cop feels in a mosh pit or (especially) on crowd-riders are pathetic, so they'd probably avoid any girl who's willing to jump in and kick some ass. A friend of mine told me about this dude she saw who kept grabbing this one chick, to the point where she was almost in tears, so she (my friend) snuck up behind the guy, reached around, and crushed his nuts.. I was pretty damn proud to be her friend then.. 
|
|
#15
 2001-06-13, 20:34
|
dingo76 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Festival Tips Anyone???
take lots and lots of lighters, god knows how you lose so many,take lots of water for the journey there the traffic queues are a nightmare my record was 8 hours to go 10 miles at the phoneix festival. also glastonbury has had big fences for years(at least 7 years as far as i can remeber)apprantly there insurance people won't cover more than 100,000 people last year they estimated 150,000+ it was fucking packed! getting back to jumping the fence its way easier to turn up and pay a tenner to some crack-head for the hand stamp
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|