|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| ... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2000-08-04, 07:03
|
|
|
Musicians?
Due to my recent discussions with jaded, i was wondering if there are any musicians that go to &totse.
i guess i will start. i play the cello. i am a seventh year cellist. i fucking hate my music teacher cause she conducts like a fucking epileptic. all of a sudden, she starts shaking her arms in short erratic little jolts like she is having a siezure and expects us to follow her.
|
|
#2
 2000-08-04, 08:22
|
winki 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
I was first chair, first seat clarinet and then I spent a year frusturating myself w/ a lack of natural ability to play sax, now I mostly just play the radio. But my son is a killer drummer, getting better every day and also a natural at the electric and string bass, I guess it's because he's a Taurus, just kidding sortof, not really, anyhow yeah, a few days ago he was playing his electric bass along with a cd and it sounded killer, me,I could never hear separate instruments in a song, like if he plays me the bass line from a totally popular song a dozen times I don't know what it is, same with drums,pretty pathetic but oh well. I think I can play stupic pretty dam good!
|
|
#3
 2000-08-04, 14:20
|
cLoWn_uNiT 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
I play guitar...I mainly mess around, no band. I play like classic rock and some metal. I have owned my guitar for 7 years now and I actaully just started to play alot. But, i guess i consider myself a musician...
|
|
#4
 2000-08-04, 16:03
|
Evil_Mastermind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
I am the lead vocals/bassist and lyricist for an industrial band, They Came From Beyond Space, the homepage is on my profile.
|
|
#5
 2000-08-04, 18:48
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
dude! i listened to that song on Mp3.com. you guys rawk! that is cool. i am tryin to get some kinda recording of me playin. cause i am the only cellist i know who can play "One" (not all of it mind you) on the cello... 
|
|
#6
 2000-08-05, 01:36
|
Eldritch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
If you like Metallica played on strings check out an album called Apocolyptica.(sp?) Self titled I think.
|
|
#7
 2000-08-05, 03:17
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
yeah, i have both of them 
|
|
#8
 2000-08-05, 08:58
|
Evil_Mastermind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
heh well thanks... we should have another album out by the end of autumn, i'll let you know... oh and i could send you another one of our songs if you like.
|
|
#9
 2000-08-05, 09:27
|
winki 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
send me one, cause the one I heard, well it's hard to be discouraging even to bunny killers, but maybe the other one will sound better on my computer see how mean I can be, better watch out!
|
|
#10
 2000-08-05, 18:55
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
that would be great. thanx.
|
|
#11
 2000-08-06, 04:22
|
Matius 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
I'm learning the keyboard so I can play better in OUR industrial band
|
|
#12
 2000-08-07, 18:33
|
Booger 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
I took piano lessons for a number of years. I was selected to be in a recital once. However, I got bored with the lessons and my teacher fired my because I stopped practicing.
|
|
#13
 2000-09-05, 04:16
|
FuCken-Idjiat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
hhrrrm lets see im 15 years old and I've been playing piano/keyboards for approximately 12 years , self tought at the age of 3...i took lessons for the 1st time in my life last year and the bitch fucken hindered my natural abilities and made me play in an endless amount of recitals...Im glad to say I QUIT that shit and im back to doing things the right way.. I also play guitar and Im really good at percussion drums... 
|
|
#14
 2000-09-06, 23:19
|
slipgut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
i can play the guitar, i don't suck but i'm not the greatest. i've only been playing for about a year, no lessons or any thing just friends. i'm not too bad. though i tried to play drums, i sucked at those, i wasn't made for them.
|
|
#15
 2000-09-08, 01:27
|
Matius 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
Fucken, we are of the same age.
|
|
#16
 2000-09-08, 02:38
|
FuCken-Idjiat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
thats cool man..
|
|
#17
 2000-09-08, 03:18
|
MxPx-562 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
I play guitar (have for about 6 months). Once you can play guitar, you can pretty much play bass, too.
|
|
#18
 2000-09-08, 18:35
|
Hero_of_Ktulu 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
curse you for saying that.....bass is not just an instrument...its like a state of mind....i love the bass...ive been playing it for 2 years and until you can play bass with your fingers and keep up to burton tremelos you cannot play bass.....of course any moron can pick up a bass and play notes...but learning that bass is such a great instrument to play because you have no real set thing to play when a guitarist (or any other musician) plays something else...trust me...my band has great guitars...but i play whatever sounds cool to me in that song and it always fits....stick to your guitar...we need no bassist wannabes in out field...i can play guitar, drums, and piano and its just the fact that the bass player has so much creative control (short of the guitarist making the song) is the reason that i love it and defend it so...
el privo
|
|
#19
 2000-09-08, 19:18
|
cLoWn_uNiT 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
Ktulu, I have respect for bass players, but don't make it sound like it is the freestyle part of the band...You play to the rhythm...The bass and drums make up the rhythm section while the guitars and whatever else play the music. This applies to most metal and rock songs. Yet in a jam session a bassist may play frestyle. When you said Burton Tremolos are you referring to the almighty Cliff Burton? Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth) is the sweetest bass solo I have ever heard...
|
|
#20
 2000-09-08, 22:16
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
holy shit matius? you are 15?! dude. you don't act it. props.
|
|
#21
 2000-10-03, 07:51
|
Chrome_Magnon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
I've played Bass Gtar for about 8 years now, i've also been playing lead and rythm for about 4 years apeice and keyboard for about a year... BUT... really playing bass... rather than just playing the notes of a bassline is something that takes a loooong time... improvising on a bass is damn hard... it's something that i've only really been able to do in the last 2 years or so... and saying we play to the rhythm is wrong.. we CREATE the rhythm, the guitars play TO the rhythm, which is a big difference... and as for them not beeing the freestyle part of the band... it all depends on what you do with the thing... any bassplayer that constricts themselves to doing that is not a bassplayer, but more someone who hasn't played the bass much or a guitar player that can't play guitar that well so they thought they'd take up guitar because there's always a much bigger need for bassplayers in bands...
Gimme a bassplayer that started off playing bass and a bassplayer that started off playing 6-string and I'll point the difference out to you...
And if you play with a pick, it dont count.
Chrome
|
|
#22
 2000-10-04, 02:19
|
Hero_of_Ktulu 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
yeah that pisses me off...what the hell is this pick shit with bass players?...cliff burton is the greatest...broken thoughts and speech.....hungry...food
el privo
|
|
#23
 2000-10-04, 16:07
|
DeAtH_ChILd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
I play piano, keyboards and guitar. I've been playing on the piano/keyboard for 7 years, and the guitar for 1. Never had a guitar lesson, and can play most relatively simple tunes as long as I've heard it a few times. I am 15 btw. Mainly play queen, nirvana, classical, and pretty much anything but pop/trance/garage/house music, as it sux ass.
|
|
#24
 2000-10-29, 19:29
|
unstable247 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
im 14 and i play the piano, the trumpet, the drums, and the guitar i havent got a band or anything, i just play as a hobbie
|
|
#25
 2000-11-04, 19:23
|
-scott- 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Musicians?
I have been playing bass for about a year and a half. I have to say that the bass is a fairly easy instrument to learn. I agree with any and all who hate pick players. Although Simon Williams was the godfather of punk/ska basslines and he played with a pick. If you get a chance check my band Exposure, we have a record deal and we sound a lot like limp bizkit's FIRST ALBUM.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|