About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 2 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2002-04-05, 01:02
hepbeat hepbeat is offline
Regular
 
Default Custom

I've heard a little bit from this band, and i was wonderin what other people thought of them. I like them, I think Daughter is pretty funny.

 #2 
Old 2001-04-01, 22:48
Kameron Kameron is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

Modern commercial rock is shite, this people have the musical integrity of a cabbage.
Check out some band who feel about their music and who think it means a bit more than shitty sanitised MTV.

So what if their old, Lemmy is the greatest live performer I've ever seen. That's Lemmy from Motorhead.

I hate this "oh man, I'm so bad, I listen to Limp, Korn, Slip etc. etc." How about a band with some good guitars and less electronic shite.

Heaven forbid that I should want music to have a meaning. Try New Model Army for size, I'd like to see any "New Metal" Stand up to them, Justin would have a field day.

This isn't to say theres no good new (not nu) music out there.

Heard this cool band the other night come to think of it, there great really speaks to the audience, nu metal just doesn't even come close.

http://killingmiranda.pair.com/


 #3 
Old 2001-04-02, 02:43
krazd krazd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

has anyone heard of at the drive in?
i think there music is great
as for rage against...
they suck big fat dog nut's
there older stuff like most bands is good but there new stuff all sounds the same the beats are very similare and the way that guy sings/raps is the same in every song eg sleep now in the fire and testify
they sounnd very similar but with different lyrics
 #4 
Old 2001-04-04, 00:30
leahdhbk21 leahdhbk21 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

what i dont understand is why people are so concerned with what other people like. its not your decision, its theirs. making fun of people for what kind of music they listen to is pathetic, everyone is entitled to their opinion and shouldnt be mocked because of it. unfortunatly, many people are closedminded and quick to judge. they are afraid to open their horizons to include people different from themselves. the saddest thing is that the people who judge others because they listen to "mainstream" music are the ones that complain that the "mainstreamers" judge them. i wish people would understand that something so trivial as what bands you like or dont doesnt matter much in the scheme of things. stop sliging insults, its ok to disagree but you should keep it civil.
as for the topic, i dont like mainstream music. mainly because its too overplayed. there are some exceptions like tool and metallica. as sad as it is, metallica is sorta on the mainstream side now. they play them on vh1 for god's sakes.
 #5 
Old 2001-04-04, 02:06
Kameron Kameron is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

Your an Idealist, there's nothing wrong with that but this is a Religious debate. Once apon a time I felt like that and then I met a few musician's, when to a few backstage parties, met the great and the good, talked to roadies and stage crews and I was bitten.
You get rabid you know, or as I would call it develop musical integrity. music is about feelings and a feel very deeply that this manipulation of the media is wrong in any sphere, be it politics, religion, or in this case music where music of no artistic merit is peddled as the greatest and people, being sheep, follow. When I see that I need to fight quiet conformism.

You know there's a band called Half Man Half Biscuit who have a lyric that goes:
We've had quiet conformism since nineteen sixty six, but now subversion's in the air in the shape of flying bricks.

Great line no recognition because they are not prepared to tow the record label line, the same goes for New Model Army, The Levelers, Nick Drake, Watercress, Killing Miranda...... the list goes on.
The fact that they have great musical ability, stage presents and all in all are really nice people and superb performers goes by the by when they don't give interviews to MTV.

People have always wanted other people to see what they can see, there's no harm in trying to convince them, if they go out and buy one album you won. I don't care whether they admit it or no. I just would like to see allot of commercial shite go down the pan and allow some real talent to show through the trash.

~Kameron
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)
 #6 
Old 2001-04-04, 16:09
sckbch sckbch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

as a side note - tool's new album, (i believe it's called "lateralus") is coming out soon. I'll buy it. I don't give a shit about the shit anyone gives. I listen to what I like.
 #7 
Old 2001-04-07, 00:32
Ulysses Ulysses is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

to zombie x,

ac/dc!?


you are not me you fucking child.....
 #8 
Old 2001-04-12, 09:48
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

Umm MTV doesnt play good music anymore. Its all corperate shit. actually all of television has turn to shit lately. What the fuck happened and why have we regressed as a species?
 #9 
Old 2001-04-12, 19:48
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

Because damn near everyone watches TV.
 #10 
Old 2001-04-15, 18:39
Undercover Angel Undercover Angel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

*Rolls eyes* Oh for god's sake. Not more "Nu MeTEL suX EhEHeHLOL I RUEL!" crap. I listen to Papa Roach and Linkin Park because, and here's something you may not have considered, I ENJOY THEIR MUSIC. Yes, I LIKE the music. I don't listen to it for the image it gives me, unlike a lot of the people I've seen here. If I wanted image I'd listen to Britney Spears and all the bland shit everyone else listens to, then I wouldn't be getting funny looks off people when they ask me what I've got on my discman and I tell them. "Duhhuh, Placebo? What's that?" They've had quite a few singles in the top ten numbnuts, you should know. I don't get any image off my music except people who go "What's that?" or "Ewww, you listen to NIRVANA!? Aren't they like, dead or something?" I listen to music for enjoyment. Nothing more. And if no one can accept that then I still don't care.

------------------
"When god put teeth in your mouth he ruined a perfectly good arse"
 #11 
Old 2001-04-16, 03:48
FuCken-Idjiat FuCken-Idjiat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

ya...i know what you mean..i was listening to the doors a few weeks ago and this guy asks me what im listening to...so i say "the doors" so he responds "whats wrong with you? thats so 1960's! thats so OLD" ....this coming from a guy whos favorite song is that stupid "bow wow" song that little kid sings...
 #12 
Old 2001-04-16, 03:59
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

i think i heard he got butt raped...


hehehehehe... now THAT shit is funny....

lil bow wow gets butt rapes by a security guard. he had to have surgery i believe...
 #13 
Old 2001-04-18, 12:07
DoPesTeR-DaZe DoPesTeR-DaZe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

lil bowow really got raped?
heheh
thats rough...

I think the best contempory band is the smashing pumkins you cant get better than those lyrics, music, and sound...
some other good bands are radiohead, and some other punk bands like lagwagon (although double plaidnum was probly their only good album)
 #14 
Old 2001-04-20, 18:57
MoRt MoRt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

Metallica Rock.
Slipknot Rock.
Marylin Manson Rock.
Ozzy Rocks.
Slayer Rock.

Limp Bizkit sound like a bunch of Primary School kids that have just discovered swearing, and think it's cool.

But what defines good music? If you think that because something is in the charts, or has a lot of exposure, then it is suddenly shit, then you are not a true music fan, but you get into bands and go off bands because of what other people think of them.
I have liked SlipKnot since thier first album, when they were virtually unknown. Now that they have become fairly successful, does that mean that I have to stop liking them? No.
 #15 
Old 2001-04-20, 20:57
Undercover Angel Undercover Angel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

*Applauds* Good. That makes you less shallow than approximately %90 of music fans.
 #16 
Old 2001-04-21, 17:40
zake zake is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

you guys musta already heard this too much before. but Metallica still rules! 'n so does Black Sabbath even though they've been disbanded much before i was born.

------------------
And the road becomes my bride...
 #17 
Old 2001-04-21, 19:42
KoRn!!!! KoRn!!!! is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

Man, korn sucked with their Issues album. But I still like their old music. I agree that KoRn sucks these modern days but they were really good in their old music such as their self-titled album.
 #18 
Old 2001-04-22, 01:12
coch_on_the_run coch_on_the_run is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

I like Zepplin but I also like Slipknot you fuck. All Metallica is, is a bunch of whiny little bitches anymore they use to be pretty cool until that fucking retarded album load came out. So fuck off.
 #19 
Old 2001-04-25, 15:48
zake zake is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

hey, Metallica is god! but i guess i shouldn't be saying this to a guy who likes slipknot. i admit the albums before Load were better. but, slipknot? they don't deserve to compared with Metallica.

Led Zep was fine!


------------------
And the road becomes my bride...
 #20 
Old 2001-04-25, 19:41
Weedknot Weedknot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

Aren't a lot of you forgetting nirvana? they were revolutionaries, just like the beatles were. i like listening to slipknot, linkin park and korn now and again (not limp bizkit.....never) but i think theyre a bunch of pricks who need to set the music above the image. Nirvana never give a shit about imae, just lots of good music.
 #21 
Old 2001-04-25, 19:44
Weedknot Weedknot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

p.s linkin park, limp bizkit etc. are setting a bad example cos now adays where-ever you go, if you dont look tip top and clean to perfection, you get abused and degraded. thats just shit. if you have long hair, your not cool and "they" dont like you, while they go around listening to new marylin manson and linkin park and papa roach. tut tut. shit. in the old days, when nirvana were there, people just didnt care, you could wear what you liked,
 #22 
Old 2001-04-26, 05:07
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

GREENDAY RULES
also old everclear kicks ass
 #23 
Old 2001-05-02, 22:47
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

quote:
Originally posted by Zombie X:
I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF YOU LITTLE TEENYBOPPIN FREAKS OUT THERE THAT THINK YOU ARE HARDCORE ROCK N' ROLL REBELS WHEN YOUR JUST LITTLE FAT KIDS WHO THINK THEY THEY ARE REBELLING BY LISTENING TO MUSIC THAT NOT ONLY SEDATES YOU, BUT IT IS POINTLESS ! LISTEN TO SOME REAL MUSIC ie: BLACK SABBATH, SLAYER, METALLICA, OZZY, LED ZEPPLIN, & ACDC STOP IT WITH ALL THIS LIMP BIZKIT, LINKIN PARK, SLIPKNOT CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Finally.. someone who understands me.

Fucking fag MTV corperate vanity rock.

 #24 
Old 2001-05-02, 22:55
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

quote:
Originally posted by Weedknot:
Aren't a lot of you forgetting nirvana? they were revolutionaries, just like the beatles were.



Can i stop laughing at you now?

Nirvana SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!

and whats with this conspriacy shit that the singer was murdered? He tried to kill himself a week before he got it right. and anyone see his crime scene photo? it was like someone smashed a pumkin on the floor. his whole head looked like a cracked open mellon. im not trying to be insensitive but why would someone fucking do that to themselves? "Ohhh.. im so sad. the world sucks. I have a child and millions of dollars while people are sleeping in the streets on their own piss and yet im so sad../ KABOOM!'

yah yah yah, i know money isnt everything but he had everything that people try so hard in life to get. A family, Fame, Fortune or at least security and yet he still didnt want to live. so he selfishly took his own life. and he did it in a fasion hoping someone who have to look at his blood spattered brains all over the floor.. instead it was in every nook and cranny of the room. i wouldnt be surprized if their is still bits of gray matter left in the corner of the floor somewhere in that house.
 #25 
Old 2001-05-03, 20:32
toy machine! toy machine! is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

Teeny Bobber is ace. take that u shitty limp
fans

BBBBOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!

------------------
God Invented Adam and Eve Not Adam And Steve!
 #26 
Old 2001-05-05, 05:45
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Custom

MY views of music, since you all care.

I hate how the radio and tv dictate what people listen to. Its embarrassing. I don't even watch mtv. I never have for more than a very short stretch of time because its only a few times a day they play anything good.

There ARE a lot of good bands on the radio, but never their best stuff, and they've usually "sold out". Its in quotes because sometimes they have to.
Imagine you are in the studio and the guy says do it this way or not at all and you know this is your big chance - fuck your ideals.

My two favorite bands on the radio: Counting Crows and Linkin Park.

Linkin Park is one of the very few number of 90's bands that is worth my time, even though the lead singer looks like a punk fag, i really like the two lead singers idea.

Counting Crows has THE message and its damn inspiring.

Ozzy is the god of rock.
Cobain was also a god.
Pink Floyd is a band of the gods

Zepellin sucked and still sucks. HA! Take that.

Non-radio bands:

Cinema Strange is amazing - goth rock.
Gravity Kills is really good.

Genitorturors is cool as shit. You can't beat pornshow rock. Machine Love??

If I were a record producer, i would find a band, tell it to call itself the Byker Dykes, and make a music video of "Lesbian Fantasy" in which a man swims through a pool of naked women.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics