About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-07-14, 01:32
Thug_Jones Thug_Jones is offline
Regular
 
Default Best Metallica Album

I was wondering what the best Metallica Album is? I heard "And Justice for all" is good. But I was thinking about geting a new one (I have thier black one) I would like to see your opinion.
 #2 
Old 2002-07-14, 01:57
SUPERKILLER1911 SUPERKILLER1911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

And justice for all
 #3 
Old 2002-07-14, 02:24
Social Parasite Social Parasite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

Master of Puppets, best album I have ever heard.
 #4 
Old 2002-07-14, 02:46
You Call Us Criminals You Call Us Criminals is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

Ride the Lightning. Beats out Master of Puppets by virtue of more Lovecraft references.
 #5 
Old 2002-07-14, 03:20
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

dont give your money to those sellout cock suckers
 #6 
Old 2002-07-14, 07:31
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

Syphon, your an idiot, whats your definition of a sellout huh? "Sueing somone to protect THE MUSIC THEY MADE THEMSELVES?". Selling out is when the band has NO CONTROL of their music. Which means the record company owns them pretty much. Elektra does NOT own metallica, metallica 1st of all ownz elektra, at the height of their career (Black Album) Metallica told Elektra they would leave... so Elektra gave them even more money just to stay. Their Gods, they can also play anywhere THEY want, not anywhere their RECORD COMPANY wants them to play. Your just another idiot trying to be a rebel and cant face the hard cold fact that Metallica are one of the best Metal Bands around. Right?
 #7 
Old 2002-07-15, 09:21
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

Oh yea, i personally like Kill em All the most, fast as fuck.
 #8 
Old 2002-07-16, 21:14
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

what an ignorant fuck you are. a sellout is someone who values money over music which they clearly do. any true musician wants to share his message with people, prosecuting them is not the way to go about sharing. i hardly think that the music needs protected from anything. how exactly can kids on napster harm the music? or perhaps you mean protect thier profits in which case you haven proven that they are sellouts.

"at the height of their career (Black Album) Metallica told Elektra they would leave... so Elektra gave them even more money just to stay"

once agian you illustrated how they value money over creative freedom and musical happyness.

"Their Gods, they can also play anywhere THEY want, not anywhere their RECORD COMPANY wants them to play"

i'd like to see one of those scoundrals try to play for me.

"Your just another idiot trying to be a rebel and cant face the hard cold fact that Metallica are one of the best Metal Bands around"

the only fact that i see in this rebuttal is that you didnt think as you were writing it. care to share why they are so great? in my book it takes more than playing skill to be great. a great musician is also a good person who cares for music and its welfare, not a group of eletist pigs who think the world owes them for breathing. metallica and especialy lars ulrich have a huge chip on their shoulders. playing music doesnt automaticly entitle you to fame and fortune.

"Right?"

NO!

 #9 
Old 2002-07-17, 18:50
Satanic Angel Satanic Angel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

Easily Master Of Puppets, there is no doubt in my mind. It is such a superb album, every track a classic except for maybe Leper Messiah.
 #10 
Old 2002-07-19, 14:16
sassafras sassafras is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

Definately Master of puppets is their best, with Ride the Lighnting a close second. I havn't listened to Metallica since I was in high school (like 10 years ago) and I gave up on them once they Sold out and put out that Metallica/metallica CD. Slow shit from metallica, WTF??
 #11 
Old 2002-07-22, 13:57
Ignotum Per Igotius Ignotum Per Igotius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

master of puppets by far and above the best oalbum
 #12 
Old 2002-07-23, 14:15
luse86 luse86 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

Gotta be Ride The Lightning, quality tunes on there
 #13 
Old 2002-07-23, 15:40
Gravehead Gravehead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

Just get all of the first four. And don't pay for them. That will make it much more pleasurable.
 #14 
Old 2002-07-23, 20:52
peartisgod peartisgod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

master of puppets is a classic,in every sense.ride the lightning is also pretty tough.
 #15 
Old 2002-07-23, 21:02
SUPERKILLER1911 SUPERKILLER1911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

::starts playing "one" on guitar:::

[This message has been edited by SUPERKILLER1911 (edited 07-23-2002).]
 #16 
Old 2002-07-29, 01:55
EarlyMourninStonedPimp EarlyMourninStonedPimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

I have all the Metallica cds but I would have to say that And Justice for all is the best however Metallica should have a greatest hits cd out woth buying and if so I'll give you 14 tracks of the best of Metallica.

1.One
2.Mama Said
3.Unforgiven
4.Outlaw Torn
5.Don't Tread on Me
6.For whom the bell tolls
7.Fade to black
8.Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
9.Master of Puppets
10.Seek and Destroy
11.Die Die My Darling
12.Hero of the day
13.Until it sleeps
14.And Justice For All

 #17 
Old 2002-07-29, 04:17
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

And justice for all. but don't buy it, download it.
 #18 
Old 2002-07-29, 20:44
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

quote:
Originally posted by confuzious:
but don't buy it, download it.


werd

 #19 
Old 2002-08-06, 16:24
LutherX LutherX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

I agree with Psyphon, they were 'sellouts' long before Napster was even born.

And what's with all those friggin albums that have the same damn songs as the other albums? Like... 'An Album for You', I saw this in the store and laughed my ass off.

Gotta make that money I guess...

Oh, and my vote for fav Metallica album, I'll hafta say And Justice...

It's sad too, how bands change like that. Metallica 'were' metal Gods, but that was waaay back. Same thing happened to Judas Priest and Iron Maiden too. Shit, Maiden hasn't put out a great album since Powerslave. Seventh Son was good, but it was all downhill after that. Fear of the Dark? More like, Fear of What Music is Turning Into.

I'll stick with my Euro-Metal bands, like Gravedigger, Iced Earth, etc etc.



[This message has been edited by LutherX (edited 08-06-2002).]
 #20 
Old 2002-08-07, 08:46
Dwarven_Commando Dwarven_Commando is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

I'd say Ride the lightening is better than And Justice, but they're both good.
Back when Metallica had hair and we still set each other on fire in the pit. *sigh* Those were the good ol' days. Priest and Maiden, still pretty good, though some of Maiden's newer junk is a little soft for me. I like to stick with the old awesome metal of the day, but I'm really into Norweigan Death Metal lately. Oh, and anyone who gets near me while listening to "nu-metal" gets fed to my daughter. She at least has the taste to listen to something decent like funk. Now funk is cool, as long as you're not trying to be a badass metalhead while listening to it.

[This message has been edited by Dwarven_Commando (edited 08-07-2002).]
 #21 
Old 2002-08-14, 15:37
cammie84 cammie84 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

"Metallica should have a greatest hits cd out woth buying"

I believe the S&M CD's were somewhat of a greatest hits album for them. I actually think the songs were bettered by playing them with the symphony. I can't say the S&M CD's are my fav, but they were pretty cool. My fav Metallica CD is Load, only because the songs sound more soulfull on there, like "Bleeding Me" and "Outlaw Torn." I'm just a sucker for that stuff.
 #22 
Old 2002-08-14, 16:46
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best Metallica Album

Master of Puppets is the only one i like.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics