About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-02-01, 22:39
dopeman420 dopeman420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Drug Success Stories

we've all heard the drug horror stories ("my son was a fucking moron and took 40 triple C's and died! don't do drugs!"). what i'm wondering is if some of us out there have stories to the counterpoint, that drugs have changed one's life for the better in the end, or even saved it.

Drugs certainly saved my life. several years back, way back in high school, I found myself in the depths of depression. My life had no meaning, no purpose. i could not imagine a situation, past or future, in which i would be happy or at least content. I could not dream of the future as i could not think of it as a realistic situation; i had somehow always known that i would kill myself.

then, someone very close to me introduced me to marijuana, and the entire concept of it fascinated me. I was so intrigued by the whole process: one would vaporize plant material & inhale it, and soon, there would be wholesale changes in his or her thought patterns and perceptions. i needed to know more, to understand this phenomenon. I studied and read. Page after page, book after book. Pharmacology sparked an interest in chemistry; chemistry did the same for physics and math; theology, philosophy, and politics followed. A simple green herb had transformed my life from an utterly meaningless and empty experience to a relentless search for truth and the inner workings of all that takes place around me. I have future goals, interests, and plans. As such, I am happy.

Anyway, does anybody else have a 'drug success story' to share?
 #2 
Old 2003-02-01, 22:46
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Success Stories

Yes as i mentioned in another thread drugs have saved me from many suicide attempts. Opiates are all that has kept me alive the past year for sure. I at least think its better to be a junkie than dead.

One night i had a gun and was about to make the eternal trip to hell or where ever we may go when we die. I decided to eat about 5mgs of xanax and blow 80mgs of oxy after the oxy i thought what am i doing? There is always hope then i passed out from the xanax woke up dope sick needed a fix and got happy again and put the gun away.

But to the flip side there has been times where i was going to purposely OD too.
 #3 
Old 2003-02-01, 22:53
Paranoid_Pothead Paranoid_Pothead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Success Stories

Aye, as subvert said, opiates have been my saving grace.

Now, i have these violent mood swings, ranging from being calm and collect, just being normal really, then someone will say one little thing to me, and i will completly snap.

I've got morphine and codeine, and codeine doesn't do much, but the morphine calms me down, much more so than all the anti-depressents i've been given (prozak can also trigger manic attacks, so how the fuck that helps is beyond me), makes me calm and relaxed, it takes longer to anger me, therefor giving me more time to calm down, i can focus better on what i'm attempting to do and such.

Of course - there are those times when i've run out, and it all goes to hell in a handbasket because i can't move and all i want is to get my hands on those lil pills and feel the foggy feeling in my head...

Everything has good and bad sides i suppose.
 #4 
Old 2003-02-01, 22:58
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Success Stories

Wow prozac causes you mania too? Since ive switched to prozac i have almost felt bi-polar at least on effexor i was always depressed.
 #5 
Old 2003-02-01, 23:07
Paranoid_Pothead Paranoid_Pothead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Success Stories

Yeah, prozak triggers manic attacks in some people, usually bi-polars, and yet they still gave it to me.

Most annoying thing is, it doesn't help depression, it just makes me more alert and causes my insomnia to become even worst Godamn good for nothing pills that don't even do what they are ment to.
 #6 
Old 2003-02-01, 23:10
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Success Stories

shit that sounds exactly with what ive been dealin with ever since i started this shit, if it doesnt calm down im gonna switch meds. This stuff makes me a wreck and when it wears off i feel so fucking low i cant even move the depression is so horrible. I guess its better than when i cant move becuase my back hurts and all the doc gives me is NSAIDS.
 #7 
Old 2003-02-01, 23:20
Paranoid_Pothead Paranoid_Pothead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Success Stories

it's not gonna calm down - i seriously suggest you get off them, all it does to me is make me edgy and paranoid and just purely snap, and when it goes away it makes you feel like lieing down in the middle of the road in hopes that something will run you over.
 #8 
Old 2003-02-01, 23:24
pyro918v pyro918v is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Success Stories

quote:
Originally posted by dopeman420:

Drugs certainly saved my life. several years back, way back in high school, I found myself in the depths of depression. My life had no meaning, no purpose. i could not imagine a situation, past or future, in which i would be happy or at least content. I could not dream of the future as i could not think of it as a realistic situation; i had somehow always known that i would kill myself.

then, someone very close to me introduced me to marijuana, and the entire concept of it fascinated me. I was so intrigued by the whole process: one would vaporize plant material & inhale it, and soon, there would be wholesale changes in his or her thought patterns and perceptions.


this is exactly how i wuz back in junior high. i felt nothin wuz goin my way and suicide wuz the answer. then my friend introduced me to that sweet mary jane. i would be all depressed, (still am but not as bad) and my friend came over and we smoked... it wuz the greatest feeling.. i wuznt depressed anymore, and i smiled and wuz happy and wuz able to be more outgoing from it.
 #9 
Old 2003-02-01, 23:26
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Success Stories

wow, that is exactly what i was thinking of doing when i woke up or should i say got up from not sleeping
 #10 
Old 2003-02-01, 23:34
Paranoid_Pothead Paranoid_Pothead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Success Stories

I read this thing about what prozak does...
http://defend-net.com/mood/DarkSide.html - there, it really explains alot..
http://www.erowid.org/pharms/fluoxetine/fluoxetine.shtml - and that, if that helps.

I seriously cannot stand prozak though.

 #11 
Old 2003-02-01, 23:44
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Success Stories

Holy sht that is scary! Man im so weird i cried after i read that shit, this stuff is making me crazy, i swear more crazy than i have ever been in my life. I think ill buy that dieting book and get off anti-D's. Only thing that sucks is they lesson my migraines since there caused by very abnormally low seratonin in my brain.
 #12 
Old 2003-02-01, 23:48
Paranoid_Pothead Paranoid_Pothead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Success Stories

I know, it bloody well scared me, i wish i could get permenently off them, but my mum decided i need them, even though they're only making things worst, they do, like you said, make my migrains slightly more tolerable. Still, not worth it though.

 #13 
Old 2003-02-01, 23:50
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Success Stories

Well, I take a combo of Celexa and Medidate and it helps with my depression and ADD more then prozak did.... Look into that if you want.

~

Weed has, in a way, helped me out alot. I was really depressed and quiet all the time in high school due to personal problems at home. I had only 1-2 friends in 3 years there and had a GPA of 1.something. Then I met some people through my dealer and we smoked together and became really good friends. I finally realized HS wasn't for me, dropped out, got my GED and am now getting my GED+ (equivilant of a HS degree) at only 17.

And because I smoke pot, I feel better about myself, my social phobias are all gone, and I have many friends who care about me.
 #14 
Old 2003-02-02, 02:01
Rancid Rancid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Success Stories

I hate to say it, and out of all the shit i have done over the past years. The one drug that opened my mind and helped me more than any other, including marijuana, lsd and opiates has been...DXM

I was at a low point in my life when i decided i needed to do somthing more than the usuall joint a day, so i bought some cough syrup, drank it and i may sound a little crazy, but i discoverd the meaning of my life, and death. yeah...now i think i'm more addicted to DXM than oxy or ciggs. Damn, but i guess phyically DXM is the most healthy. If not mentally. I love DXM i wish i could express my love in other ways to it...but nethertheless, i don't want to be seen sticking my wee-wee inside the bottle. So i guess the only way i can express my love to my dear DXM is drinking it. Yes.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics