About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 1 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2003-02-02, 00:05
Paranoid_Pothead Paranoid_Pothead is offline
Regular
 
Default Addiction

Argh, my mum will never admit i'm addicted to anything, god forbid should she admit all of her children are fuck ups, she's only checking my arms today, for some bizzare reason, probably convinced i'm a junkie, but whatever, it's not like she cares really, as long as i don't steal her money.

ech..i stole a bunch of stuff to pay my mate to get me extra morphine and codeine when i ran out and couldn't get any for over a month, didn't go to school for an entire month and spent all the time laying on the floor of a crack addicts house (this was when my mum kicked me out), sucked like hell..

 #2 
Old 2003-02-02, 01:21
screamer11 screamer11 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Addiction

Paranoid_Pothead...
I have not been sober off of pills for more than a week in a little over a year (I have good connections and medical reasons I am prescribed things like Morphine, Oxycontin, Percocet, and most of the rest). I finally ran out and couldn't get more for about a week and I had horrible withdrawal-type symptoms and I just craved the drugs so bad, having an anxious type feeling in my stomach. I couldn't sleep, I didn't leave my house, all I wanted was to get some Oxycodone in me so I could go out and have some fun like I always do. I finally got some Percocets from the ER and felt great and all those problems went away. I don't feel like quitting because I don't want to deal with craving the pills like I did for that week. I love pills and they make me feel normal. I can't function properly or be happy without them. That is how I know I am addicted. But..... I don't plan on quitting because I am not strong enough to....
 #3 
Old 2003-02-02, 01:31
Paranoid_Pothead Paranoid_Pothead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Addiction

Heh - at least you chose your addiction, mine got placed in my lap (sorry to sound harsh..), not really, but i wouldn't have gone in search of morphine on my own, but i was given it by my mum.

i havn't been clean for an entire week in around 2 years now, and it is very very hard to try to stop, but speaking from people i know's experiences - don't quit cold turkey, lower your daily dosage gradually, untill it gets to a point where you take a lil bit every few days, then make it once a week, once a month, etc, you really don't want to fuck up your life for this, better quit sooner then later, and i do realize i'm a bloody hypocrite for saying all of that, but i'm trying to help so no one say i'm a hypocrite. And yeah, i know it's hard to quit, and it seems like you havn't got the will power for it, but just try to get off it gradually, if you really want to, you'll suceed.
 #4 
Old 2003-02-02, 02:05
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Addiction

I just want to tell those of you pouring your hearts out here that I appreciate it.

This is the essence of what a drug forum should be. It's not just dosing and extractions and trip reports; it's important to remember that drugs can change one's life, for good or bad. Your words can do more to help someone out than pages of text from some clinical study. I'm glad that you feel like you can discuss such a personal matter here, with others that can share and relate.

If I can learn from you without experiencing something so difficult, then you've done me a favor.

Keep it up.
 #5 
Old 2003-02-02, 05:03
AlCaTrAz AlCaTrAz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Addiction

in the midst of all this i just downed some hydrocondone
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics