About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-29, 11:06
Dexters Dexters is offline
Regular
 
Default ! WOW !

WOW!
I built one of those lightbulb vaporizers and since I have no weed I decided to try it out on some tobbacco from a menthol cigarette. All I can say is FU*KING SHIT!
I didn't really know how long to heat that bulb but I saw some little white smoke and understood that i have already been heating it for too long.. So I just tried to inhale that shit.. I didn't even manage to pull it in my lungs when I coughed it all out since it was so harsh. Within a few seconds it hit me SO hard.. I never thought nicotine can hit u so hard.. I immediately got nausea (i get nauseus from tobbacco). It couldn't of course be called a high but this "high" was stronger than when I smoked weed (I only got one hit and it was shitty weed mixed with tobacco and I coughed most of it out too..)
I can't wait till I get some good weed to smoke out of this..
 #2 
Old 2003-01-29, 14:21
hyrt693 hyrt693 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ! WOW !

Haha, cool
 #3 
Old 2003-01-29, 16:53
dre dre is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ! WOW !

yeah i dont get it i have seen vaperisers in hightimes. so if you inhale steem from weed and not smoke you can still get high? is this just a waste of weed? if it does get you high i guess it would be more helthy
 #4 
Old 2003-01-29, 16:55
dre dre is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ! WOW !

btw how did you make this vaperiser from a lightbulb?
 #5 
Old 2003-01-29, 18:11
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: ! WOW !

In the future, make your subject titles a little more informative, eh? When I see topics that look like spam or eBay auctions, it makes me start warming up my finger for some thread-closing action. You disappointed my finger. Bad things happen to those that upset the finger...

[edit - while I'm peevishly objurgating (yeah, they're real words)...]

hyrt693 - Are you a UGA student or something? They're the kind of people that make posts that in-fucking-credibly pointless.

dre - Yeah, you can vaporize the good stuff without burning the excess plant material. Don't double post when you can so easily edit your first one, too.

[This message has been edited by ThetaReactor (edited 01-29-2003).]
 #6 
Old 2003-01-29, 20:26
Dexters Dexters is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ! WOW !

Theta: yeah, I will.. It was just the thing I wanted to say at that moment (and the thing that I told to meself) - WOW!!!!

dre: Search the forums.. It was somewhere..
 #7 
Old 2003-01-29, 20:38
Sicarius Sicarius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ! WOW !

Dre, a very good site that shows you how to make a vaporizer is on http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?s=ebc4872e8a4cc8cf248b01628158bbac&threadid=196827&pagenumber=1 It works very well.
 #8 
Old 2003-01-29, 22:48
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ! WOW !

thanks sicarus(i think thats how you spell it) that site showed me how to make a vaporizer, and its the only one i understood. Im gonna try it when i get some weed.

Oh ya, this may sound stupid but why is there two straws? Why do you need two i thought you only need one. Dont flame me im honestly asking why.

[This message has been edited by RejectJC (edited 01-29-2003).]
 #9 
Old 2003-01-30, 03:25
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ! WOW !

sorry for double posting but if i didnt i wouldnt get a answer to my question above cause it was on the second page.
 #10 
Old 2003-01-30, 03:50
cnewhall cnewhall is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ! WOW !

If there was only one straw you would create a vaccuum by sucking in. You need the other straw to let air in so you can actually breath whatever you are smoking into your lungs.
 #11 
Old 2003-01-30, 14:13
Dexters Dexters is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ! WOW !

quote:
Originally posted by cnewhall:
If there was only one straw you would create a vaccuum by sucking in. You need the other straw to let air in so you can actually breath whatever you are smoking into your lungs.


Actually I don't think u need the other straw.. You just need a hole in the bottle cap.. (at least I didn't use another straw)..
BTW, I broke my vaporiser.. That's ok, i'll build another one..
 #12 
Old 2003-01-30, 16:25
Billowz Billowz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ! WOW !

cnewhall is right in one aspect it probably wouldn't work if you had it completely air tight and you only had one hole/straw/tube. The part about it creating a vacuum is wrong though, it would never even come close.

Don't bother worrying about 2 straws/tubes unless you either made a completely perfect air seal (kind of hard to do and not worth the effort). The most I would do if it needed it would be just make another hole. That will do the airflow perfectly fine if you need it.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics