About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-28, 23:54
AlCaTrAz AlCaTrAz is offline
Regular
 
Default Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

In about 2 weeks or so i have to go through the unfortunate thing of getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. my doc said he'd give me 2 prescriptions one for heavy duty pain and another for something else. does anyone know what he is probably going to give me for the pain?? thanks... im hoping something i can have fun with.... but then again i might need them all cauz i heard it hurts like a BITCH
 #2 
Old 2003-01-28, 23:57
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

i got hydrocodone for it. the other pill will most likely be pennicillin or another antibiotic to ward off infection.
 #3 
Old 2003-01-29, 00:01
AlCaTrAz AlCaTrAz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

quote:
Originally posted by Cobranaut:
i got hydrocodone for it. the other pill will most likely be pennicillin or another antibiotic to ward off infection.


allright thanks for the info... yeah that would make sence for the second to be a agent to stop infection. how long afterwards did it hurt you?? my friend said like a week for him.
 #4 
Old 2003-01-29, 00:02
Paranoid_Pothead Paranoid_Pothead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

Gah! i got 5 teeth taken out (yeah, i know wisdom teeth hurt more, but molars are a bitch to), and what did i get?! Paracetamol!

not only that, but the woman didn't know how to put the local anasthetic properly so i could feel her pulling out my teeth..ow..

Be thankful you're actually gettin' scripts...
 #5 
Old 2003-01-29, 00:03
AlCaTrAz AlCaTrAz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

yeah getting teeth pulled is never fun...
 #6 
Old 2003-01-29, 00:10
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

Unless you get nitrous. Thats always fun.
 #7 
Old 2003-01-29, 00:11
AvatarofPower AvatarofPower is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

*shudder* between age 12 and age 17 I had a total of 8 baby teeth and 4 permanent teeth pulled, and the only perscription I ever got was ibuprofin. i'm sure you'll get something a bit more heavy-duty than that, though.
 #8 
Old 2003-01-29, 00:12
AlCaTrAz AlCaTrAz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

i've had nitrous for gettin regular teeth removed but for my wisdom teeth i'm being put under, i said i didnt want to be awake because they have to like saw into my jawbone and whatnot because my wisdom teeth are compacted... yah it suxx
 #9 
Old 2003-01-29, 03:41
fixx666 fixx666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

I think I also got hydrocodone as well for my wisdom teeth. I was 15 at the time I had them removed, and I wasn't into drugs at the time, so I refused to take them, even for the pain because they made me so loopy. I found them a couple years later... Good Times...

When I got my wisdom teeth removed they gave me nitrous AND put me under. I was going to try to be all hardcore about it and refuse to be put under, but they put me under anyway. I remember the nurse giving me too much nitrous and me just cracking up... good times. Now I have to get it out of a shitty little canister...
 #10 
Old 2003-01-29, 04:15
DuBzZz420 DuBzZz420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

I got four pulled at once...

I received a looooot of vicodin (hydrocodone/oxycodone) and for the record....

I'm almost positive that most facilities use sodium penathol (or sleeping agent) which used anasthetically knocks you out completely. You wake up entirely disoriented and confused like you're in bumble-fuck, but rare cases will they use N2O...

That's sweeeeet stuff, but nearly not as effective for the current pain during wisdom teeth removal...

Also, the pain of removal does not compare AT ALL to that of the pain a few hours afterwards, the pain right after doesn't exactly initiate due to the disorientation and lack of total conciousness...

Don't let anybody talk about throwing up, I was feeling great and my dad kept telling me how the medication made him throw up, and the effect made me vomit right in my soup...

The analgesics (painkillers) won't seem as effective as you may presume, in the given dosages. They generally just provide sleepiness and semi-detectable narcotic effects, unless in larger dosages...

I didn't bleed much until 7-30 hours after my surgery (I had an afternoon surgery)...

My stitches took a while to dissolve, but every body's case is different...

I recovered rapidly, some slowly, don't think so much of it and remember to stash some of that vicodin for a rainy afternoon!!
 #11 
Old 2003-01-29, 21:20
JephHop JephHop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

I had four wisdom teeth pulled. They gave me nitrous just to set the IV. Then they gave me Versed to put me out. I blinked and it was over. I was trashed the rest of the day. As for pain meds I got Demerol and hydrocodone for the breakthrough pain. I would suggest to anyone who likes pharms: if you have wisdom teeth, get them pulled.
 #12 
Old 2003-01-29, 21:40
AlCaTrAz AlCaTrAz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

thanks for all the info... yeah im gettin pretty nervous about the whole procedure and the pain... o well i'll let everyone know how it goes. hopefully it goes well heh. also excited about the scripts, as its lookin to be good.
 #13 
Old 2003-01-30, 01:32
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

it doesn't hurt that much. my oral surgeon was crazy though.
 #14 
Old 2003-01-30, 01:33
AlCaTrAz AlCaTrAz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

I talked to my girlfriend today about it and she said she got it done back in the day and it hurt pretty bad but only for a few days. she too got a RX for vicodin... so i'll be lookin foward to that.
 #15 
Old 2003-01-30, 02:17
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

quote:
Originally posted by Cobranaut:
i got hydrocodone for it. the other pill will most likely be pennicillin or another antibiotic to ward off infection.


Exactly.
 #16 
Old 2003-01-30, 03:53
maxpower02903 maxpower02903 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

I got teeth pulled twice with nitrous. It was a great experience
 #17 
Old 2003-01-30, 03:54
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

ya ive always said a trip to the denist is better than a trip to disneyland. who wouldnt wanna get nitrous and vics for a few measly teeth.
 #18 
Old 2003-01-30, 03:58
Paranoid_Pothead Paranoid_Pothead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

quote:
Originally posted by subvertpunk:
ya ive always said a trip to the denist is better than a trip to disneyland. who wouldnt wanna get nitrous and vics for a few measly teeth.


disneyland scared me...

I wish i could get nitrous and vics, i got 5 teeth pulled out, and damnit, it's bleeding today and it's been 5 days, fucking dentist that doesn't know how to inject anasthetic properly or how to pull teeth out
 #19 
Old 2003-01-30, 04:03
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

that really sucks man.. i feel for you mouth pain is no good. the vicoden helps but of course the whole bottle of is gone in a day.
 #20 
Old 2003-01-30, 04:09
Paranoid_Pothead Paranoid_Pothead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

lol, i'd love to get a bottle of it, i'd volunteer to have teeth taken out! All i get is paracetamol, which is like aspirin.
 #21 
Old 2003-01-30, 04:12
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

thats fucking weak man paracetol jessus. thats like meta getting motrin for his neck. Doesnt you coedine and morph help out a little? All i get for everyday pain is 500mg Naproxens.

[This message has been edited by subvertpunk (edited 01-30-2003).]
 #22 
Old 2003-01-30, 04:20
Paranoid_Pothead Paranoid_Pothead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

It does - but my mum won't let me take any untill the anasthetics fully worn off (which, when the anasthetic was in the wrong place in the first place, doesn't help me), for some reason.

Currently, it's just the constant bleeding that's bugging me, can't feel the pain

See, i'm telling you, in america, y'all get vicodine and stuff, in england, we get told to take a paracetamol and sleep it off.
 #23 
Old 2003-01-30, 06:30
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

I got four wisdom teeth yanked at once. I saw them afterwards, too, and they obviously tore my jaw apart getting those damn things out. I was put under via the nitrous/injection route, and I faintly remember trying to walk out of the office by myself. I took about two steps and realized I was far too gone to make it out to the car alone. I was helped outside and passed back out and awoke a few hours later as my dad was pulling blood-soaked gauze out of my mouth. After the first day, though, I didn't bleed at all. Good stitches, I suppose. I got a nice supply of 7.5mg hydrocodones, though my mom the pharmie ended up stealing all my leftovers. Those come in handy for headaches, too, dammit...
 #24 
Old 2003-01-30, 06:46
Ecko Ecko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scipts for getting wisdom teeth removed

someone earlier said vicodin was hydrocodone/oxycodone. its just hydrocodone...

when i got my wisdom teeth pulled i got vicodin 7.5/750's. 40 of them too. What i would recommend is getting a lot of asprin, naproxen sodium (aleve), and ibuprofin. Use those to quell the pain. Then you have plenty of vic's left over and no tolerance.

Also tell the doc you are extremely sensitive to pain. Tell him you hate saying that cuz it sounds so wussy.. but its really bad. The doc's usually give you 5/500 vic's but by saying that he gave me 7.5/750's.

When i got put out tho they gave me enough valium to knock me out. When i awoke i was so fucking delirious. I think i told my parents i hadn't been this fucked up in a while when i got up. They asked me what i meant by that afterwards and i said i didn't remember saying it...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics