About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-23, 19:32
chemicalyaltered chemicalyaltered is offline
Regular
 
Default tobacco pipes

My friend is about to turn 18 so I figured I should get a pipe. I was just wondering if a tobacco pipe will work for weed. Can I just go to a tobacco shop and get a pipe and be able to smoke pot out of it.

I cant order one online because i know my parents would get it before me. There are also no hedshops less than 2 hours from where i live. And i suck at making shit.

[This message has been edited by chemicalyaltered (edited 01-23-2003).]
 #2 
Old 2003-01-23, 19:44
SkiPpYP SkiPpYP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tobacco pipes

a pipe's a pipe. tobacco pipe should be fine.
 #3 
Old 2003-01-24, 04:58
2likestuff 2likestuff is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tobacco pipes

Hell yes, tobacco is fine. Try to get the densest one tho, like feel em, and see how heavy they are. This way they are less likely to burn.
 #4 
Old 2003-01-24, 05:41
tested tested is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tobacco pipes

dont use "real" tabacco pipes for smoking weed out off, i think its a little disrespectful for people that smoke pipe tabacco, just buy yourself a nice glass pipe, and smoke otuta that.
 #5 
Old 2003-01-24, 07:30
Lestat_The_Pyro Lestat_The_Pyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tobacco pipes

i cant belive there is age restrictions on buying pipes..that sucks...
i bought a good as pipe the other day, but before that i smoked out of a CO2 canister with the narrow end drilled as wide as it could go, that was the mouth piece...then i drilled another hole at the end of the canister kinda on an angle where it curves and put a small conepeice in there to pack up..it worked really well, kinda harsh tho. you could filter it or w/e
 #6 
Old 2003-01-24, 10:01
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: tobacco pipes

quote:
Originally posted by chemicalyaltered:
My friend is about to turn 18 so I figured I should get a pipe. I was just wondering if a tobacco pipe will work for weed. Can I just go to a tobacco shop and get a pipe and be able to smoke pot out of it.


I remember how naive I was, even into my senior year at high school,, so While I'm not laughing at you per se,,

I was, none the less, forced to violently spit out a mouthful of Mac & cheese[ Kraft, obviously, Thick & Creamy, if you must know... ] due to my nearly choking with laughter when I read that.

Now then, you can smoke any leafy green matter in any pipe made for any type of leafy smokable material.

** No flame or insult intended, but I seriously would like to know why that wasn't obvious to you.**

quote:
Originally posted by tested:
don't use "real" tobacco pipes for smoking weed out off, i think its a little disrespectful for people that smoke pipe tobacco, just buy yourself a nice glass pipe, and smoke otuta that.



Please tell me you're joking.

Otherwise you'll have to explain to me why that is; just what make the smoker of one plant better [or at least deserving of more respect which you imply at the very least].

Just how is it disrespectful anyway?

If anything, I'd think that pot smokers are more deserving of the respect because at least they get a tangible, physical effect from what they smoke.

Now no arguments about tobacco smoke giving this or that effect.

I was being circumspect; I mean at least pot smokers get high for the potential harm the smoking may cause.


quote:
Originally posted by tested:
dont use "real" tabacco pipes for smoking weed out off, i think its a little disrespectful for people that smoke pipe tabacco, just buy yourself a nice glass pipe, and smoke otuta that.



quote:
Originally posted by Lestat_The_Pyro:
i cant believe there is age restrictions on buying pipes..that sucks...


You're kidding too, right?

If you can't [legally] smoke tobacco until 18, and when pot becomes legal, I'm sure the same will likely apply.
So why should one be able to buy something they can't [legally] use until they're of age?

There's something that I should - and will now - bring your attention to, something which would have answered the question to begin straight off.

Most states [or all, I don't know] have anti-paraphernalia laws.

To get around them - which head shop do, else they wouldn't be able to sell pipes and such - they play a game with the state [that I think the armed forces used as a model for their 'Don't ask, don't tell' policy].

They maintain the fiction that the pipes are sold to people who then use them for tobacco. [That's why you can't mention anything to do with or about pot - or any drugs for that matter - For it were ever shown that they did hear you say such a thing and they still sold a pipe to you, they could be held for conspiracy and/or other basically cheap shit stuff.

My point being; to maintain the fiction, the pot pipes must be able to be used for smoking tobacco.

So the reverse must be also true [i.e.: that you can smoke pot from a tobacco pipe].

------------

This has reminded me of a joke I had always wanted to try.

That is to buy a brand new pipe. The bigger and more ostentatious, the better.

Now take the pipe and pack it with some tobacco and hold on to it.

Hop in your car [best to have another driver [you'll see why shortly].

Now go for a nice drive around town. What you want to do is find a cop, and somehow get him to 'catch' you sparking up the pipe.

You're going to want to make sure that there is nothing you could get busted for since when the cop learns that you're really smoking tobacco - and a lots going to depend on how long it took him to determine that - you can be sure that he's going to try to find something to bust you for; even if it's littering or spitting on the sidewalk, which is why I suggested having someone else to drive: you don't want to get a ticket for anything.

Such a thing wouldn't work to well here in Berkeley, or much of CA, for that matter.

Best would be to do it to a CA federal drug agent [like the chicken shit bastard[s] who busted Ed Rosenthal last year. Who's defense lawyers, BTW, have recently been denied the ability to use the medical issue at all!

Nevermind that it's ok in CA, that Oakland city officials knew about him and what he was doing. Hell, even the head fire chief didn't say shit about his plants when doing a fire safety inspection on Ed's building].


Sorry: Boy, did I go Wwwaaayyy off track, that time


*Starts timer: to see how long before someone asks: who?

Let me just say right now; if you consider yourself a lover of fine marijuana, you'd best know who; that's all *
 #7 
Old 2003-01-24, 14:31
Maligo_Malus Maligo_Malus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tobacco pipes

quote:
Originally posted by Metaphysicist:

This has reminded me of a joke I had always wanted to try.

That is to buy a brand new pipe. The bigger and more ostentatious, the better.

Now take the pipe and pack it with some tobacco and hold on to it.

Hop in your car [best to have another driver [you'll see why shortly].

Now go for a nice drive around town. What you want to do is find a cop, and somehow get him to 'catch' you sparking up the pipe.

You're going to want to make sure that there is nothing you could get busted for since when the cop learns that you're really smoking tobacco - and a lots going to depend on how long it took him to determine that - you can be sure that he's going to try to find something to bust you for; even if it's littering or spitting on the sidewalk, which is why I suggested having someone else to drive: you don't want to get a ticket for anything.



Yeah, I have always wanted to try that. Infact, a friend and I were discussing that idea just the other day.
 #8 
Old 2003-01-24, 20:19
pyro918v pyro918v is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tobacco pipes

my first pipe wuz a wooden one for tobacco. i found it upstairs in a drawer when i wuz snooping around. i took out the filter and cleaned it up and then put a screen in there and used it for a while. but then it ended up getting a burn hole. none the less, i thought it wuz awesome.
 #9 
Old 2003-01-27, 01:01
dangerousdude dangerousdude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tobacco pipes

tHey work we use to get these little corn cob ones. The problem is there hard to conceal, hard to clean the resin out and there not really designed for use with a screen. You could make a better one if you have a drill and a saw.
 #10 
Old 2003-01-27, 23:50
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tobacco pipes

quote:
This has reminded me of a joke I had always wanted to try.
ha, i guess "great minds think alike"...

i can only imagine going by a cop with a HUGE colorful piece doing nothing illegal.

get jumped, beaten, drop a nice piece, have a popo standing over me confused that there is no weed smell...
maybe that wouldn't be too great.
 #11 
Old 2003-01-28, 00:14
hartattack2188 hartattack2188 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tobacco pipes

most all sites that sell pipes/bongs say that they are for tobacco smoking... but i am sure about less than 1/4 of orderers actually use them for tobacco.

(i was gonna post this right away but then read the thread and saw Metaphysicist said something similar, but i m posting this anyways)
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics