About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-18, 17:31
Firewall Firewall is offline
Regular
 
Default Drugs

All these books out in the school libray about the danger of drugs. But they never tell you the good stuff. Before I tried drugs I was a very quiet lad but after a few days of drug use (cannabis, alcohol and mushrooms) I kind of had more confidence even when not high. So I thank the drugs for this.

I know this is abit off topic so I'm gonna ask a question: Does cannabis use produce a tolerance to the drug? Like will smoking it everday start being shit cause it just doesn't get you stoned and you need more cause I smoked a fivers worth today and the buzz was shit. Thanks.

-Firewall

[This message has been edited by Firewall (edited 12-18-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-12-18, 17:53
leet0x leet0x is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drugs

if you want to see pictures or read about a specific drug or user experiences, go to www.erowid.org
 #3 
Old 2002-12-18, 18:02
ExtazyBoy ExtazyBoy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drugs

canabiss does produce tolerance but it's not a high tolerance, in fact the more you smoke the more high you get, and you able to controll youself better and your thoughts fly faster... but if you start noticing that pot looses it's magick for you then take a brake for atleast a week and you'll be blown the fuck away next time you smoke...

but my advice to you, just don't become a pothead couse trust me it's not "cool" and soon you'll realize it...
 #4 
Old 2002-12-18, 18:03
Kinky_Chronic_420 Kinky_Chronic_420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drugs

Yea, Weed builds up a tolerance, as far as i know, at least i no it was a long time ago that one joint joint could get me as high as it did at first, mayby a bit of a buzz if that,but it also depends on the quality of the bud you smoke, if its a good strain and your a newbie smoker or even an avreage or chronic it'll give u a nice high, but if its shitty you'll need to smoke alot more of it, so if you havent been smokin to long , someone could have easily ripped you off this time, but as far as i no you do gain a tolerance jus like most other shit.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-18, 18:05
ballin on a budget ballin on a budget is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drugs

i wouldn't call it a tolerance really, you just get used to being that high and want to be more high. i imagine tolerance is possible to build up but youd have to smoke a lot all the time. i smoke a dime a day usually,and i have been for around 3 months. and the quality of the weed has decreased,not increased,steadily,although the quantity has risen from a gram to 1.5 or 2...

by the way,anyone who has a better education/memory than me:have i been using too many commas in my posts?when i read it it sounds right but when i just glance it looks like overkill.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-19, 04:07
canadian druggy canadian druggy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drugs

hey im germanating weed seeds how should i grow

another question: i know this is a stupid one but what makes people "go green"
 #7 
Old 2002-12-19, 06:11
The pharmacist The pharmacist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drugs

Hey Canadian drugy, You germinated way to early unless you live in the southern hemisphere,or grow indoors. Marijuana is a annual plant, meaning it grows, produces seed and dies in the span of less than a year. Marijuana starts to flower when the amount of sunlight or artificial light reaches 12 hours or less a day. This facilitates the production of pollen by the males, which in turn is spread by the wind to the females which produce the seed.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-19, 07:12
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Drugs

When I was still able to smoke pot, I would grow a plant or two.

Marijuana Grower's Guide by Ed Rosenthal, the grower's bible.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-19, 08:52
bangbangbooty bangbangbooty is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drugs

Hey Meta, damn good link.
Thankyou!
 #10 
Old 2002-12-19, 08:59
OriginalNightShadow OriginalNightShadow is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drugs

haha...just stick them in the ground..

had mine in for almost 2 1/2 monts...and there 4 foot tall with 3 foo base branches...internodes are about 2 1/2 inch apart...ohhh gunna be a nice season for me..
 #11 
Old 2002-12-19, 11:35
adihash adihash is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drugs

marijuana is a drug abusing it leads to problems, cannabis pshycosis is a well documented fact.

Don't get me wrong nothings wrong with a spliff a day just like having a bear to relax.

BUt having a bear is different to having a couple of triple shots of vodka and 8 pints if you understand what I'm saying.

I used to smoke weed everyday, and it isn't as fun as smoking at the weekend with your buddies.

The sooner you learn this with a drug like weed the sooner your gonna learn to treat drugs with respect the sooner your gonna enjoy and aprreciate them alot more.

Don't learn this lesson on a drug much harder it is alot easier to realise this now that further donw the line. Whats the difference between an alcoholic and someone that smokes alot of weed everyday?

Being happy will make you more confident not drugs or material things.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-19, 14:51
Firewall Firewall is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drugs

What do you mean by cannabis psychosis?

-Firewall
Thanks by the way for all the tips everyone.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-19, 17:55
adihash adihash is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drugs

it refers to smoking alot of bud everyday, just how alcoholics suffer from liver and kidney problems.

Some (not all) people who smoke heavily can develop mental problems it can also bring out mental problems pre-maturly.

maryjane is a psycoactive, you'd be pretty messed up in the head if you did acid everyday. Whilst there is a world of differnce between the two the same principal applies.
 #14 
Old 2002-12-19, 18:09
djnickysnowdawn djnickysnowdawn is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drugs

I had cannabis inuduced anxiety when I first started smoking also I had an annoying nausea and panic attacks. I am pretty sure that these conditions pre-existed in me and were just brought to the surface by weed. Thus, weed is a great diagnostic tool, its a shame that doctors dont realize that. I went on Paxil and was cured within weeks and then continued smoking unfattered.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-19, 19:43
Firewall Firewall is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drugs

quote:
Originally posted by Metaphysicist:
When I was still able to smoke pot, I would grow a plant or two.

Marijuana Grower's Guide by Ed Rosenthal, the grower's bible.



If you don't mind me asking, why can't you smoke it no more? and by the way that link is great thanks.

-Firewall
 #16 
Old 2002-12-20, 07:44
Firewall Firewall is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drugs

I just got a 10ers deal of grass last night so I'm sorted for tonight. Have a smoke and hit the town!

-Firewall
 #17 
Old 2002-12-21, 11:22
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Drugs

quote:
Originally posted by Firewall:
If you don't mind me asking, why can't you smoke it no more? and by the way that link is great thanks.

-Firewall



I don't know how much you know about my physical condition, so I'll just say [so as not to bore those who've heard it too many times already ;-)] that I have degenerative bone disease that has caused and continues to cause me severe and unrelenting pain 24/7.


I let the Quack doctors at Kaiser in Oakland do an operation on me [in a nutshell: they broke my neck] that went horribly wrong. It left me partially paralyzed, from which I still have not fully recovered, and it doubled the pain I was in.

Over time I have learned to deal with the pain in various ways, so that a good portion of it I am able to, for lack of better words, ignore it.

Smoking pot, as you know, has a way of making you focus on certain things. For me that focus is my pain: I am very much aware of the pain when I smoke pot [I had at first thought that pot increased the pain, but upon reflection I realizes that it was only focusing on what I was before able to ignore]. If you need more info, you can do a search or e-mail me [again; I don't want to bore those here who have heard it ad nausea].
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics