|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-12-17, 17:38
|
Impulses 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Opiate Itch!!!
Opiates are a good high, but they make me itch. They make me itch so much! It is impossible for me to take opiates a few hours before I go to sleep because I itch so so much! All of my friends who have tried opiates (mainly vicodin and oxy) itch terribly. I haven't heard anyone talk about it here. Does anyone know how to avoid "the itch" or make it more tolerable when taking opiates?
|
|
#2
 2002-12-17, 18:12
|
Crispy311 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Opiate Itch!!!
Damn the itch. I didn't start noticing it until I started with oxycodone. I've done vicoden endless times and never had to itch once. When I start fuckin' with percocet or oxycontin, three outa four times I'll be itchin' like crazy. I guess it's a mind over matter thing, I try to ignore it. Almost like the hiccups, after a while, you just forget.
|
|
#3
 2002-12-17, 18:20
|
Old Sammy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Opiate Itch!!!
Hmmm... well this explains why I CANNOT stop scratching my balls while on vicodin. Its not that bad, just kind of annoying after a while. Anyone know why opiates do this?
|
|
#4
 2002-12-17, 18:22
|
Impulses 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Opiate Itch!!!
The itch will start on my face and on my crotch. Then it will go fuckin' crazy! Itchin' all over the place.
[This message has been edited by Impulses (edited 12-17-2002).]
|
|
#5
 2002-12-17, 18:33
|
Old Sammy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Opiate Itch!!!
Sounds like Ringworm or some other kind of rash to me....
Just kidding. Does the 'opiate itch' really get that bad?
|
|
#6
 2002-12-17, 18:42
|
subvertpunk 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Opiate Itch!!!
my nose itches, thats it.
|
|
#7
 2002-12-17, 18:47
|
Crispy311 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Opiate Itch!!!
Yes, the itch can get that bad. That's how my girl knows when I've been gettin' high now (at least on opiates). I'll be scratchin' non-stop. The worst in on the good ol nuts. I don't want people thinkin' I've got a disease or somethin'. I'd hate to be fuckin' while high then have to be scratchin' there every thirty seconds.
|
|
#8
 2002-12-17, 21:14
|
ballin on a budget 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Opiate Itch!!!
i itch a lot but i enjoy it because of the sensation scratching gives me...is that weird at all?im sure it is,but im a pretty fucking odd person normally so im not worried...
edit:i misplaced a letter...
[This message has been edited by ballin on a budget (edited 12-17-2002).]
|
|
#9
 2002-12-17, 21:38
|
opiatezenith 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Opiate Itch!!!
yep, itching is very common side effect, also common when going through withdrawal..best thing i can suggest is use lots of lotion
|
|
#10
 2002-12-17, 22:47
|
Reverand Robb 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Opiate Itch!!!
Stereotypes come from somewhere, you know, right? Haven't you seen the classic stereotypical junkie, scratching furiously at his arm?
Well now you know from whence it came.
It's always made my beard itch, and my head.
Never noticed it with Vic, or any other opill for that matter. Then again I don't really mess with pills unless I'm desperatly; they're just too weak and don't do shit for my shoulders.
As I said before; I'm going to do what it takes to make my life as normal as is possible with a hot iron rod rammed into your back and shoulders.
|
|
#11
 2002-12-18, 01:45
|
psycho0_1 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Opiate Itch!!!
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ballin on a budget: [B]i itch a lot but i enjoy it because of the sensation scratching gives me be careful tho man when i was taking a fair bit of physeptone tablets i actually got that itchy that i was scrastching holes in me and making myself bleed  btw, phenergan doesn't seem to help me that muuch when on oxy, is there something stronger? thanx
|
|
#12
 2002-12-18, 06:07
|
The pharmacist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Opiate Itch!!!
Okay, the phenergan is for the nausea, and the synergistic effects, not for the itching. Try some benadryl or other antihistamine other than the phenergan. I used to have the itch problem also, but it just seemed to go away after a while. Maybe it's tolerance related. I have used the benadryl with some success, but that is the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that might help. If I have other ideas I will post them for you.
|
|
#13
 2002-12-18, 07:36
|
maddcow007 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Opiate Itch!!!
That would probably put the user to sleep dood.
|
|
#14
 2002-12-18, 11:58
|
lpgeni 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Opiate Itch!!!
The itch has to depend on dosage and what opiate, cuz ive done once heroin once and there wasnt any itch at all. Only pure warmth inside of me.
|
|
#15
 2002-12-18, 12:00
|
lpgeni 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Opiate Itch!!!
quote: Originally posted by lpgeni: The itch has to depend on dosage and which opiate, cuz ive done once heroin once and there wasnt any itch at all. Only pure warmth inside of me.
|
|
#16
 2002-12-18, 17:18
|
Impulses 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Opiate Itch!!!
I hope the itch isn't tolerance related, because I never let myself get a tolerance with opiates. I'm doing 3 percs friday. Been 2 weeks since I've touched em'. I'll see how the itch effects me.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|