About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-16, 20:56
artking1239 artking1239 is offline
Regular
 
Default Dramamine

Dramamine. Ahhhh, how I have done thee many times...

Dramamine, for those of you who don't know, is an OTC motion sickness remedy. It has very powerful hallucinogenic effects for me (6'0" 165 lbs.) at 18 tablets, which are 50 mgs. apiece. I have seen people who weren't there, done homework on a saturday night which didn't exist, watched a fan melt towards me, heard flies buzzing, heard the toilet roar, reached for a non-existant coke can... The list goes on. I've never really had a bad trip, although I sometimes get dark vibes. What about you guys?
 #2 
Old 2002-12-16, 22:21
Tchort Tchort is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dramamine

the physical effects and fatigue aren't worth it.I fall asleep no matter what time it is after taking a recreatinoal dose of dramamine before the hallucinagenic effects kick in.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-16, 22:27
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Dramamine

For all the crap and shit you're doing to yuor self just to trip:

Dude: seriously; TAKE SOME ACID!

Cripes! What the f**k is with this generation? Afraid of the real thing?

And so do vastly stupider [as if that's a word, I know] things instead.

Pffftth.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-16, 22:34
bsquared bsquared is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dramamine

One time after drinking 2 40s of Colt 45 I ate 14 benadryls, same thing as dramamine. Nothing special happened. Basically it kept me up all night and I really didnt experience any visuals or anything. The only weird shit that happened was while I was lying half asleep I had a few conversations with some friends, when I snapped back to reality I realized that they werent really there. Maybe I'll try it again to see if it turns out any different.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-16, 22:53
AvatarofPower AvatarofPower is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dramamine

'cause acid's way harder to get ahold of, meta.

i would highly doubt that anyone taking dramamine for the trippy properties is afraid of acid. I'm guessing that they just find it to hard to get.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-16, 22:58
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dramamine

quote:
Originally posted by artking1239:
Dramamine. Ahhhh, how I have done thee many times...

Dramamine, for those of you who don't know, is an OTC motion sickness remedy. It has very powerful hallucinogenic effects for me (6'0" 165 lbs.) at 18 tablets, which are 50 mgs. apiece. I have seen people who weren't there, done homework on a saturday night which didn't exist, watched a fan melt towards me, heard flies buzzing, heard the toilet roar, reached for a non-existant coke can... The list goes on. I've never really had a bad trip, although I sometimes get dark vibes. What about you guys?



The fact that not once in that entire statement did you mention the actual drug in Dramamine, leads me to believe you're an irresponsible user, and simply did this initially, because soemone said it was cool.

FYI: That drug would be either diphenhydramine or dimenhydrinate. I've never bought dramamine but am unsure of which, but the fact that you took 18 pills containing 50mg each leads me to believe it was dimenhydrinate, as 900mg of diphnhydramine would render you insane basically.

Note: Diphenhydramine and dimenhydrinate have the same effects, however diphenhydramine is twice as powerful, so requires you to take half the dose you would when taking dimenhydrinate.

However, I must agree with Tchort about the discompfort, though when I did it [probably about 10 times] I only stayed in once and did fall asleep. The rest of the times, I went out and wlaked around for a few hours.

And Metaphysicist has a point in his first line there. Dimen./Dipen. are atniheistamines. I believe the reason you 'trip' is because you're poisoning your body to the point of becomming dillusional.

However I can't say as I agree with the, 'Cripes! What the f**k is with this generation? Afraid of the real thing?' comment, as drugs are drugs and theres no such thing as a real thing. Though I understand that you must mean that Dimen./Diphen. are 'weak' [for lack of a better word] hallucinagens. I must say, if that is true, it is very wrong. Though I don't like it myself, I must say, these drugs cause serious hallucinations. When you hear people say the hallucinations are as real as life, this is 100% true!

 #7 
Old 2002-12-16, 23:39
artking1239 artking1239 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dramamine

You see that? That's not a happy face. You know why? You assumed something about me. And that makes me unhappy, and a little annoyed, and quite a bit pissy.


First off, I research a drug thouroughly before I do it. Okay? I'm not one to take many chances. Secondly, a few things:


I was using the generally recognized name for dimenhydrinate, which is a salt of dipenhydramine HCI. They work basically the same way, except for the fact that 50 mgs. dimenhydrinate is equivalent to 25 mgs. of dipenhydrinate. Both are acetylcholine antagonists, acting on the nicotinic and muscarinic neuroceptors. Basically, they aggrivate certain areas of the brain (see: neuroreceptors) to produce their positive and negative effects. These include the extremely realistic hallucinations.

These hallucinations blow acid (which I have done) out of the water. In a highly intoxicated state, these delusions are impossible to separate from reality. Literally. You talk to imaginary people, interact with imaginary objects, and commit acts of insanity which you would never think of committing when sober. However, in a controlled environment, these effects can be focused and productive.

I see where you are coming from on some of your points. However, I disagree with the way you handled the situation, especially towards me. I do agree with you on your last paragraph. Anyways, now that this has been cleared up, I bid you adieu.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-16, 23:40
artking1239 artking1239 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dramamine

Change that dipenhydrinate to dipenhydramine.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-17, 00:19
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dramamine

quote:
Cripes! What the f**k is with this generation? Afraid of the real thing?

meta, when you generalize you're speaking generally.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-17, 00:29
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dramamine

Fair enough. I guess I was wrong. Its just easier to assume 90% of the people who show up here are idiots, simply because its true.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-17, 00:36
artking1239 artking1239 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dramamine

Oh, I understand. Most internet stoners have fried their brains. It's sadly true...
 #12 
Old 2002-12-17, 00:38
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Dramamine

quote:
Originally posted by bsquared:
One time after drinking 2 40s of Colt 45


thats the way to start any real story. also, our generation is going to look really shitty when we are like 50-60 and our peers are in government offices and things like that. we should just give up and clone our grandparents that fought in WWII and saved mankind.

[This message has been edited by Cobranaut (edited 12-17-2002).]
 #13 
Old 2002-12-17, 00:54
Dougy Dougy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dramamine

dramamine is real, its way different from acid so shut the fuck up
 #14 
Old 2002-12-17, 01:33
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Dramamine

^^^^^
Don't worry, we've met our dumbass quota for this thread.

I have to wonder, though...

What's the point in hallucinations that appear perfectly real? I guess talking to your friend while he's not there might be slightly more interesting than talking to the real person, but talking to a three-headed dragon floating behind you in the mirror seems so much more enjoyable.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-17, 04:23
psycho0_1 psycho0_1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dramamine

is diphenhydramine in the family of tropanes? as tropanes such as datura, belladonna, henbane,etc., all give TRUE halucinations and thats what diphen does, only not so strongly.
 #16 
Old 2002-12-17, 07:29
The pharmacist The pharmacist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dramamine

You bashed acid Art. Why? Why would you bash the drug that singularly brought about the whole psychadelic movement of the sixties?
To compare a diphenhydramine HCL trip to a Lysergic acid diethlamide 25 experience is quite fool hardy, if subjective to your own experience. Having dosed in excess of 2,500 micrograms of LSD 25 at once, I can safely say that LSD is a much stronger drug, but of course that is evident in dosage size comparison alone. LSD is measured in micrograms. For the uninitiated a microgram is one millionth of a gram. 100 mics, is enough to get a borderline psychadelic experience. Compare that to the quarter gram or so of Diphen HCL you have to take to get a similar experience. But to reach a level five LSD trip you need only take about 1,500 mics. This type of experience is characterized by open eye visuals of a very real nature, coupled with the psychological effects such as syntesthesia(spelled right?)
and perhaps if you are lucky enough(or unlucky depending on charachter make up) ego death. Hell, at 2,500 mics I was almost completely detatched from "percieved reality". There were only brief flashes of sanity, mostly obscured by various patterns,wharped melting objects, and a plethoria of people, animals/insects, various creatures of unknown origin.
I am not trying to belittle your opinions, rather I am merely attempting to show you that LSD is a much more powerful, and exponetialy safer drug than just eating half a gram of antihistamine. Also, if you wanna really step up to the plate and swing the bat with the big boys I suggest smoking a few hits of 5 methoxy N'N' dimethyltriptamine
with a stomach full of harmalaine or harmine. But that is another story, much stranger than most people care to hear.
 #17 
Old 2002-12-17, 11:08
modega modega is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dramamine

This is quite possibly the most intelligent thread I have ever read on this forum.
 #18 
Old 2002-12-17, 17:56
Impulses Impulses is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dramamine

Maybe diphen and such is becoming popular because acid is so damn elusive. Sheesh I can't find this stuff anywhere. I'm majoring in Chemistry while in college. I'll make my own damn acid!

I have tried diphenhydramine 3 times. I hate diphenhydramine. The hallucinogenic effects are clouded by the drowsiness. I think the delusions are fun though. I'll realize that something I thought was apart of reality actually is imaginary. I'll stop and say "That was wierd" and then forget why I said "That was wierd". I would like this drug if it didn't make me want to sleep for eternity.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics