About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-15, 20:32
bunghole bunghole is offline
Regular
 
Default DXM and Diarrhea

Yesterday I took about 375mg of DXM in the form of "Benylin Dry Cough" syrup. Its only active ingredient was DXM, so I know it was safe. I won't go into too much detial about the "trip" (it was fun and good) because thats not what I'm posting about. I got quite sick. At first I felt a bit nauseous, but that faded. About an hour after dosing I got explosive diarrhea, and ended up hanging out in the bathroom for almost an hour, shittin' it up. I was a little bit sick to begin with that day, before I took anything. I'm thinking maybe the that was amplified by the stomach-weirdenations caused by DXM. I'm posting this because the experience was very positive and fun, aside from the explosive diarrhea, and I would like to repeat it without getting sick. Should I try changing brands or somthing? Maybe the DXM didnt have anything to do with it and I was just sick? (I get sick like this about twice a year randomly). Anyone got any ideas/advice?

thanks.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-15, 20:40
Tchort Tchort is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DXM and Diarrhea

DXM doesn't give you diarrea.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-15, 20:46
hartattack2188 hartattack2188 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DXM and Diarrhea

my first time using DXM, i had about 266mg DXM, which for me would equate to 4.8mg/kg (a medium 2nd plateau trip).

after i was feeling the effects, i went to the bathroom. i had diarrhea, which i dont normally have. it wasnt really unpleasant (or explosive) and took about 5-10 minutes compared to your hour in the bathroom. so maybe DXM does cause diarrhea.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-15, 21:04
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DXM and Diarrhea

There is something in benylin that'll give you the runs. You shouldn't use benylin.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-15, 21:06
bunghole bunghole is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DXM and Diarrhea

Ok, I'll try other brands. The bathroom experience wasn't unpleasant, I talked to the cabinet, sink, and heater for a while. And amusingly I fell in love with the hand towel. Also goofed out with the lights off in the dark. It was quite fun.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-15, 22:00
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DXM and Diarrhea

DXM gives me gas...and sometimes diarrhea, but only in the very beginning, before I start to really trip, so I can enjoy the high
 #7 
Old 2002-12-16, 00:14
ren_blak ren_blak is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DXM and Diarrhea

I've had experiences with two brands containing only DXM. The time that I tried benylin i puked quite a bit. I don't think that i had much diarrhea or any with benyilin. but the other brand that i usually take, rexall, always makes me have to shit. I think it has something to do with the sweeteners, sorbitol or sucrose. hope this info helps

i've also heard that benylin tends to make you more naseous, i don't know why though

[This message has been edited by ren_blak (edited 12-16-2002).]
 #8 
Old 2002-12-16, 04:51
bunghole bunghole is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DXM and Diarrhea

I think I've figured out the diarrhea link; the sweetener sorbitol. A sweetener, causes diarrhea at higher doses; try to get dxm products without sorbitol, if they exist.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-16, 19:31
Deathrow588 Deathrow588 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DXM and Diarrhea

I have to recommend Robitussin Max Strength for Dry Coughs- IT TASTES NICE, it has only DXM as active ingredient and it has no side effects whatsoever as long as you dont eat shortly before taking it.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-17, 02:12
The_Scrub The_Scrub is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DXM and Diarrhea

......or you guys could ditch sucking down syrup and go buy DXM off the net. It's like $50 for 25g and a good dose is 500mg, so theres 50 trips. And the beauty, it's only DXM. It's a white powder and you can put it into pills or into a drink or something else you ingest orally. Wow, the wonders of the internet!!!
 #11 
Old 2002-12-17, 02:43
Mallute Mallute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DXM and Diarrhea

Thats what I was about to say, Just get some powder if possible and get those herbal pills open the capsules ( I have ones that hold 520 mgs so round that 20 off considering I'm not the best at packing pills...) its a HELLA lot better than having that nasty ass taste and/or shitting yourself..

PS: sorry but I have to comment thats it quiet funny you got diarrhea and your name is bunghole
 #12 
Old 2002-12-17, 16:20
Deathrow588 Deathrow588 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DXM and Diarrhea

The stuff i buy tastes LOVELY!!! It tastes kinda like strawberry but is still only DXM as active ingredient and gets the job done so im happy.
P.S do all shops keep Robitussin etc behind the counter 'cos its pretty damn expensive to keep buying.?
 #13 
Old 2002-12-17, 18:18
Impulses Impulses is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DXM and Diarrhea

Hey! Robotussin Max. Cough contains glycerin. Could that be a contributing factor to nausea and other poopy problems.

Damn those poopy problems

 #14 
Old 2002-12-18, 00:05
hartattack2188 hartattack2188 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DXM and Diarrhea

quote:
Originally posted by Deathrow588:
do all shops keep Robitussin etc behind the counter 'cos its pretty damn expensive to keep buying.?


my local CVS has Tussin Max Strength Cough (3mg/ml DXM) 4 OZ bottles on the shelves... they are easy to steal and taste good also.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics