|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-12-13, 00:33
|
Billowz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Harmful Effects
What are some harmful effects of shrooms to your brain/body? If I did them every 3 months or so would I be alright?
|
|
#2
 2002-12-13, 01:02
|
reaverX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Harmful Effects
This is sex and affection not drugs. please repost elsewhere.
But to answer your question. Your suggested frequency isn't bad. Your biggest concern is going to be dosage per trip. Shrooms are toxic and can kill unlike LSD which will fry your brain for good before you could lethally OD.
Your next largest problem is going to be regularly getting legitemate shrooms.
[This message has been edited by reaverX (edited 12-13-2002).]
|
|
#3
 2002-12-13, 01:04
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: Harmful Effects
It's ok, I'm here anyway.
No harm, no foul.
No trouble at all.
|
|
#4
 2002-12-13, 01:16
|
Wintermute 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Harmful Effects
I'm moving this
|
|
#5
 2002-12-13, 11:15
|
Dougy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Harmful Effects
quote: Originally posted by Wintermute: I'm moving this
a foot ball?
|
|
#6
 2002-12-13, 14:07
|
ExtazyBoy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Harmful Effects
quote: Originally posted by reaverX: This is sex and affection not drugs. please repost elsewhere.
But to answer your question. Your suggested frequency isn't bad. Your biggest concern is going to be dosage per trip. Shrooms are toxic and can kill unlike LSD which will fry your brain for good before you could lethally OD.
Your next largest problem is going to be regularly getting legitemate shrooms.
[This message has been edited by reaverX (edited 12-13-2002).]
shrooms are toxic??? how big of an idiot are you? learn the facts before saying something stupid like that!!! psycolobin is a least toxic chemical, less toxic then aspirin and less toxic then nicotine and all other crap that we concider "safe" yes if you r dumb fuck and pick some random shroom in the forest and eat it and then die ... well thats your god damn fault... people like you piss me OFF!!!
|
|
#7
 2002-12-13, 18:53
|
Old Sammy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Harmful Effects
I'm a Fag, because I only post useless sophomoric crap, and wish I could stop
[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 12-13-2002).]
|
|
#8
 2002-12-14, 14:43
|
grungymagician 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Harmful Effects
I know your a fag Sammy, why are you telling us that? Why? Stop telling me stuff I already know. 
|
|
#9
 2002-12-14, 18:03
|
Rezurrektur 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Harmful Effects
somone explain why this belongs in sex and affection.
and meta if your gonna edit peoples posts like that just delete them. your the one throwing around the 3rd grade insults
|
|
#10
 2002-12-14, 18:15
|
Firewall 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Harmful Effects
It was moved from sex and affection, the guy who said 'this is sex and affection' meant it as it was sex and affection before it was move here, thats what i'm guessing anyways.
A 'bad' effect of mushrooms is that you could expirience a trip something like four years after you take the shroom. I'm not 100% sure on this so don't quote me but I think somewhere I read that. Like I said though I am not 100% sure.
-Firewall
|
|
#11
 2002-12-14, 19:35
|
SomeEverydayNobody 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Harmful Effects
'Flashbacks' are being way over used by all those DARE type groups. Seeing as how they can't come out and say you may OD on acid/mushrooms [simply because obtaining/ingesting the amount needed to OD would be extremely difficult and well over the amount it would take to turn you 100% insane] they say you will have flashbacks.
A flashback is where you basically start feeling the effects of a trip years after. [along iwth anxiety, cold sweats, etc.... so Ive heard] However these aren't too common, as well, they don't usually occure in those who did acid/mushrooms a few times. It more often happens to people who where regular/heavy users.
Lately I've been having people say shit like 'My friend did acid last week adn has been having flahbacks ever scince. Hes had like 5 now! DONT DO ACID!' thats bullshit. Unfortunatly theres a lot of stupid people out there who will hear some anti-drug cunt mention a flashback, and then all of a sudden start having them.
Just a little info on flashbacks. I wouldnt stress them too much, but always remember that they are a risk, and you may in the future have a flashback so dont be surprised if you do. But dont hold your breathe either.
As for what reaverX said. Dude, quite listening to everything the propaganda spewers say, and especially quit thinking that its information because it is not. It is propaganda.
Imagine you saw a commercial that said, 'WARNING! Childrens Aspirin kills!'. Now, would that be true? Yes, it would. If I take 4 bottles of it I will probably die. However if I'm not an idiot and read the bottle, then Ill be fine. The same goes for anti-drug commercials. They take the adverse effect of a drug, and stretch it as far as it can go.
Yes, of course you will die if enough LSD [acid] or psilocybin [the pschoactive chemical in mushrooms] enters your body. However, when the amount of LSD you must consume, equals what is about 300-1000 hits, and the amount of psilocybin equals about 9 pounds of dried mushrooms [most people dose between 1 and 5g's at once. 1lb = 448g], its kinda stupid to say you're ever in risk of OD'ing on these substances.
Billowz to FINALLY answer your question, there will be no guarenteed adverse effects of doing mushrooms once every 3 months or so. Well, obviously you will experience the depression involved [if you experience it] but thats it. As well the only other real risk is of flashbacks, and I've already explained that.
Heres the math for determining the amount of mushrooms you must consume to OD. Ratios came from Erowid. [note: I used the MEDIUM dose as the base as its listed as being 1gram which is easy to work with]
Medium dose: 1g dried mushrooms, 4mg psilocybin.
1g = 1000mg 1000 / 4 = 250 [250 is how many times I must multiply the amount of psilcybine by to reach the amount of dried mushrooms]
Lethal dose of pure psilocybin: 17000 mg
17000 x 250 = 425,0000
[1000mg = 1g, 28g = 1o, 16o = 1lb]
425,0000 / 1000 = 4250 4250 / 28 = 152 152 / 16 = 9
I only posted this so someone could correct me if I did something wrong
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|