About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-12, 23:43
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default ADD meds

I've never been able to concentrate in school, take notes, read chapters, etc. It never really bothered me until now, my senior year...I'm getting straight Ds and Fs and its possible I might not graduate. In the past I was always able to pick up enough by listening in class to pass the tests and get fairly decent grades...

I firmly believe that ADD is a fake disease caused by our fucked up school system, but I might go and get diagnosed with it anyway so I can get some stimulant meds to allow me to concentrate on my last year of high school so I can get to college. I always try to be informed about the drugs I use. I know ritalin is like slow acting cocaine, "kiddie coke", Adderall is Amphetamine(?) and Desoxyn is Methamphetamine.
My question is simply: which medication should I ask for if offered a choice? Desoxyn, Concerta, or Adderall?
Or something else?
 #2 
Old 2002-12-12, 23:49
pyro918v pyro918v is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ADD meds

adderall is good.. ive had it before and i wuz able to concentrate, get my work done, and even asked questions.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-12, 23:56
Old Sammy Old Sammy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ADD meds

I'm seriously thinking about faking ADD so I can get some adderal or something similar. I'm also getting D's and I'm a sophmore. I'm really tired of freaking out when report cards come...
 #4 
Old 2002-12-13, 02:10
Aternimus Aternimus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ADD meds

Desoxyn.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-13, 03:03
Sivvy Sivvy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ADD meds

adderall
ritalin
concerta
and o yes, my personal pick, the already been mentioned desoxyn.

lying to psychiatrists is a bad idea. remember these guys study in the behavior of humans! plus they put it in your medical records if your asking for the nice shit, so there goes any chance of good meds in the future.

best luck going to a friendly family doctor. i know someone who got dexedrine doing that. he just asked, no lies.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-13, 03:50
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ADD meds

Yes I realize that Desoxyn/methamphetamine is the most fun recreational drug out of those I wasn't talking about recreational use though...

I suppose what I really meant to ask about was the side effects, long term damage, and the comedown when I stop taking the stuff.

I don't like the idea of taking stimulants every day....if I took the stuff daily I would get a tolerance and I don't want no fuckin tolerance
 #7 
Old 2002-12-13, 21:22
sarin sarin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ADD meds

dude my bro is add and hes been on ritalin and a drug called dexamphetamine and they work great. Dex seems to act like speed but ritalin just seems to keep me awake and not high
 #8 
Old 2002-12-14, 01:18
Viper229 Viper229 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ADD meds

wat about this new ADHD drug. Its the first NON stimulant drugs so nobody can abuse it. So it wont be a controlled substance.
www.strattera.com
 #9 
Old 2002-12-14, 17:10
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ADD meds

No abuse potential probably means it's both less effective and less fun
 #10 
Old 2002-12-14, 22:59
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ADD meds

Side effects for Strattera (atomoxetine HCl)
"The most common side effects in medical studies were problems sleeping, dry mouth, decreased appetite, upset stomach, nausea or vomiting, dizziness, problems urinating and sexual side effects."

Gee, sounds great if you want a limp dick and loss of libido. I think I'd rather have something sexually enhancing like amphetamines.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-14, 23:08
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ADD meds

Anybody know if ritalin is neurotoxic? I know that amphetamines can cause toxic psychosis...

Nevermind, just google searched and answered my own question: http://www.biopsychiatry.com/methylphenidate/ritalin.html

[This message has been edited by silencer (edited 12-14-2002).]
 #12 
Old 2002-12-14, 23:11
Regular
 
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Default Re: ADD meds

i have a drug that can cure 50% of all ADD/Depression etc cases. "mild" mental disease.

its called "fuck that shit". it where you think for yourself, and just realise you can, with effort, overcome what you feel.

then again, some people are just stuck right in there with the mental disease. most probably me
 #13 
Old 2002-12-15, 01:40
Tchort Tchort is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ADD meds

LOL amphetamines sexually enhancing???

I nor any guy I know can get it up on speed. Some people say they can and thats fine, but I cannot get it up on speed, and all of my male friends who also use crank can get hard either (its come up in casual conversation before). Enhancing? hardly. This stuff probably does the same thing as speed: makes you impotent for a few hours.
 #14 
Old 2002-12-15, 03:48
FortyOunces FortyOunces is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ADD meds

i cant wait to try the atomoxetine stuff, What do you think it will feel like? because so far i have been pretty much dissapointed with the current ADD meds i dont like being all tweaked just so i can concentrate, i also dont like loosing my appetite, and whieght and the comedown ha the comedown off amphedamines and ritz for me is the worst feeling ever.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-15, 04:09
boringkid666 boringkid666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ADD meds

my mom put me on ritalin when i was 7-8 and i would get terrets in my face... i would tweak out! it was pritty fucked up. if you get a choice of what u want just make sure you know all the pros and cons of what u take, cause it can fuck u up. but since you are going to be getting it from a doc i would guess that he knows what will work w/ your body and what wont...
 #16 
Old 2002-12-15, 05:28
Sivvy Sivvy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ADD meds

quote:
Originally posted by DuckWarri0r:
i have a drug that can cure 50% of all ADD/Depression etc cases. "mild" mental disease.

its called "fuck that shit". it where you think for yourself, and just realise you can, with effort, overcome what you feel.

then again, some people are just stuck right in there with the mental disease. most probably me



fuckin beautiful
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics