|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-12-11, 22:54
|
Halfglass 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Getting "zoned" from noise
At work (remodling houses) I have to vacuum up at the end of the day. One vacuum (small with a high pitched motor) causes me to lose my equilibrium sort of, like a mildly uncomfortable dizziness. It happens every time the thing is turned on. Could it be something like those brain sync tapes I saw discussed on here recently?
|
|
#2
 2002-12-11, 22:59
|
SomeEverydayNobody 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Getting "zoned" from noise
Well, it has nothing to do with any specific tapes, but theres a good chance the frequenncy this vacuum gives off, or the frequency + the echoing caused by however the house is built, could be causing this, as certain tones can cause different effects on the brain.
If I where you I wouldnt use the vacuum without ear protection simply because I wouldnt wanna have an accident cuz I stumbled because the vacuum noise throuygh me off balance. Seriously.
|
|
#3
 2002-12-11, 23:35
|
Halfglass 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Getting "zoned" from noise
Yeah I heard that. I hope it can't cause a seizure-- its fuckin' weird though.
|
|
#4
 2002-12-12, 01:05
|
Mista Piccolo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Getting "zoned" from noise
I don't know how related this is but...
lately, everytime I hear a fan, or some type of monotonic, continous sound, or even silence, i feel like I'm tripping balls...but just with my hearing. The sound seems to envelope me, and I start losing sense of reality. It first happened when I tripped on a combination of DXM and weed about a month ago, but a week ago it just started happening all the time when I'm sober. Could it be the methylphenidate? I don't know. But it still happens when I smoke weed. Today I had a combo of codiene and weed, and I didn't have the problem at all. Maybe the liquid pressure of my sinuses/ears/eyes are just fucked up? That's my best guess. But when my hearing gets fucked up, it's like I can't hear anything, and if I do it's ass if the treble was turned up REALLY high. Completely opposite from when your ears pop and you feel everything in bass. That's what gave me the idea of pressure irregularity or something....*shrug*
|
|
#5
 2002-12-12, 04:05
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Facedown in the shag rug.
|
|
Re: Getting "zoned" from noise
I seem to get "spaced" a little easier since my experiences with DXM. DXM seems to be very closely linked to rhythms of one sort or another, so perhaps this is just a bit of a flashback. Someone linked DXM phasing to Theta frequencies, didn't they?
|
|
#6
 2002-12-12, 12:02
|
modega 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Getting "zoned" from noise
You should definately dispose of that vacum since you are working at a construction site. It would be a shame for an accident to occur because you zone out.
|
|
#7
 2002-12-18, 00:27
|
Jeril 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Getting "zoned" from noise
That's strange. I have the same sort of thing happen to me sometimes. I'll be turning on some kind of machine, or one is running, and all of a sudden, I completely lose my hearing on one side, usually my left. I don't know what could cause it. It's been happening to me my entire life on average of once every two or three weeks.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|