About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-09, 23:30
bunghole bunghole is offline
Regular
 
Default natural drug in spine?

I've been thinking alot recently. I like to crack joints, especially my spine. I find that after an especially good spinal crack, my brain gets flooded, kinda like unplugging a fan or something. Today I was hunched over a table studying for some time, and on purpose I let my spine go real badly and get all forward and hunched. After about an hour of hunching with my face inches away from the table I stood up, touched my toes, then leaned back and stretched my back and head backwards over the top of my body, as if I was trying to look at something behind me. After that I did some sideways twisting. About halfway through I got completely zonked out, vision, sound, senses all got screwed up. I find it really similar to the effects that huffing air-dusters has. (I tried a few years back a few times, but don't do that anymore cause it seems dangerous). Is there any factual information out there about this? I find this really interesting, and I wonder if maybe there is some chemical in the cartildge between my back bones that gets released when I crack my back/neck. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this post, but it seems to fit best here. Anywhoo, I look forward to reading responses.

[This message has been edited by bunghole (edited 12-09-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-12-09, 23:34
Old Sammy Old Sammy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

No. There is no chemical in your spine that will get you "high". I get that feeling ALL the time. Everytime I lay down and then stand up, I hallucinate for a few moments, feel real dizzy, and then it stops. I probably have Diabetes or some shit.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-09, 23:34
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

i've noticed that also...

increased blood flow?
released tension?

i really don't know.

[but cracking joints is different than getting a "head rush" which old sammy has described.]

[This message has been edited by CRaZyAmishMaN (edited 12-09-2002).]
 #4 
Old 2002-12-09, 23:37
AccessDenied AccessDenied is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

How long did it last? If it was around 20 seconds or something it could be LBP. I have it and if I stand up too quick my vision goes and little spots appear occasionally. It can be delayed as well, I can get up walk into the kitchen and it will start then. Hope it helped.

And yeah, huffin' is bad, only shit will come of it.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-09, 23:43
bunghole bunghole is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

Yeah I'm thinking it has something to do with bloodflow, but I dont understand why that would be. I would say it lasts about 4 to 20 seconds, depending on circumstances. I get it also from hopping out of bed or getting up suddenly after a relax-ful time, but I can get results faster and better via the spinal method.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-09, 23:56
AccessDenied AccessDenied is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

Sounds like LBP man, I don't get it from getting out of bed but then again I get out of bed so slowly it can't happen. It usually happens to me when I'm sat down and just get up, I can tell it's coming and I just think here it goes again. Don't know about the cracking thing though
 #7 
Old 2002-12-10, 00:13
maxpower02903 maxpower02903 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

Do it after a grav rip or even a regular hit. Its scary atfirst but youll know youll be okay.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-10, 00:31
Old Sammy Old Sammy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

Im assuming LBP means low blood pressure??? Anyways, I'm only 15, I really shouldnt have to worry about that shit now.... Should I?

Edit - Was the LBP comment for me or the starter of the thread, or both? Because I definately see spots, I become nauseas(sp?), and feel REALLY dizzy.

[This message has been edited by Old Sammy (edited 12-10-2002).]
 #9 
Old 2002-12-10, 00:32
hartattack2188 hartattack2188 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

i've had this too, lying down then getting up quickly and going "blind" for a few seconds and feeling dizzy and cool. it has since went away which i dont really understand, but i have for a while believed it to be because of low blood pressure (LBP as you people are calling it)
 #10 
Old 2002-12-10, 00:41
Sivvy Sivvy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

its just blood flow temporarily shorted cuz you got up too quick, and blood carries what students? oxygen. so it feels like inhalants because your depriving your brain of oxygen... then comes blacking out.

dimethyltryptamine, the most powerful hallucinogen known, is found in very small quantities in the spine of a human. ive also heard that acid stays in your spine forever. lol urban legend it sounds like. then ive heard people rolling harder when they pop theyre spine on e, then i also heard...

people like to lie.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-10, 01:34
dopeman420 dopeman420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

nothing stays in your spine forever. LSD gets into nothing but your brain, where it is metabolized long before you're done tripping. it's an urban legend started by people with stories of unexplained flashbacks. We now know that flashbacks are a psychological phenomenon and not a chemical one.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-10, 02:00
Viper229 Viper229 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

I dunno if LSD builds up on your spine. But LSD with rat poison?..? causes a fluid to build up in the back of your neck and when you crack your back or neck you get a mild trip.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-10, 02:26
Neiztsche Neiztsche is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

"dimethyltryptamine, the most powerful hallucinogen known, is found in very small quantities in the spine of a human."

I believe that DMT is only found in the pineal gland in humans. "The most powerful hallucinogen known"...well, that's a subjective matter of opinion.
 #14 
Old 2002-12-10, 03:17
FortyOunces FortyOunces is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

uh so what exactly is a spinal tap and what are they looking for when this is/was done?
 #15 
Old 2002-12-10, 09:14
MrOblivious MrOblivious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

Don't you know there's magic fluid in your brain that splashes on your spine and makes you dance?
Some schizo guy told me that. but it wasn't me...
 #16 
Old 2002-12-10, 11:18
bangbangbooty bangbangbooty is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

quote:
Originally posted by hartattack2188:
i've had this too, lying down then getting up quickly and going "blind" for a few seconds and feeling dizzy and cool. it has since went away which i dont really understand


When you stand up your brain sends electrical impulses to slightly contract veins, arteries etc. to keep the blood in your vital organs, ie mainly brain. So this is just a tempory shortage of blood to the brain. It is most common in teenagers because the impulses in alot of people dont develop as quick as the rest of the cardio system. Thats why it normally goes away after a while.
I know because i used to collapse at times when it happened and got hooked up to a monitor like a walkman with electrodes for 7 days and had to keep a friggin diary of everything i done and push a button when the dizzyness occured.
Its nothing serious as it will go away so enjoy it while it lasts.
 #17 
Old 2002-12-10, 14:18
AccessDenied AccessDenied is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

Hell, I enjoy it, it's quite fun seeing all the little dots and the occasional collapse.
Please don't leave me low blood pressure...
 #18 
Old 2002-12-10, 16:28
The pharmacist The pharmacist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

The effects you have from popping the joints in your spine are normal, and if you stop and think about it logicaly, you can hypothesize that, the effects are casued because there is a rather large bundle of nerves in your spine called the spinal chord.
This is your centeral nervous system(cns). It controls all of your bodies functons by relaying synapses and neurotransmiters to the areas of the body the brain needs to operate, or returns sensory information back to the brain for inturpretation. When You crack your back you are flooding your brain with sensations, and that in laymans terms is what is causing the sensations you get.
There is only one fluid in your spine. It is cerebrospinalfluid(csf), it is also inside your skull. It serves as a protectant for your brain, helps eliminate drugs and metabolites, and is the main hormone transmiter. When you have a spinal tap, this is the fluid they collect. They analyze it for antibodies, metabolites, and signs of disease. The main neurotransmiters in the body are all secreted by different sections of the brain. Due to lazines and the sheer number of different hormones and transmitters, I will briefly run down a few major common ones. Dopamine is a "reward" hormone that gives a type of buzz. It is similar to adrenaline(epinephrine produced in the adrenal glands above the kidneys)and controls pleasure/pain responses, emotion, and movement. It is produced in the midbrain area called the substantia nigra.
There are also twenty different types of endorphins in the brain. Endorphin is the abbreviation of endogenous morphine. The strongest endorphine is Beta Endorphin, the most euphoric of endorphins. They are found in the the thalimus and in areas of the spinal chord that are major pain receptor sites. The alpha sigma and gamma endorphins, and dynorphin play lesser roles in pain managment and control,stress relief and immune system health.
seratonin fights depression, and causes a"happy feeling". It helps control moods sleep and anxiety. That is as far as I am taking this, and I have already taken this too goddamn far.
 #19 
Old 2002-12-10, 20:38
hartattack2188 hartattack2188 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

funny thing happened this morning, i jumped out of bed and i did have the blinding effect. it was fun.
 #20 
Old 2002-12-10, 22:32
Impulses Impulses is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

I hate blacking out when I stand up too fast.
 #21 
Old 2002-12-10, 22:46
opiatezenith opiatezenith is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: natural drug in spine?

happens to me all the time...
i have LBP and a pre-existing heart/arrythymia condition (WPW syndrome)
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics