About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-09, 15:17
modega modega is offline
Regular
 
Default A problem on this forum with the members.

Now, over the past few months, there has been an ongoing problem with people "flaming" newer members who ask questions that seem stupid to the rest of us. Now on many instances I have witnessed even moderators doing so.

In this, moderators are here to help us. To answer our questions, to ensure our safety when we try a drug. Because they have experiene with them.

Meta, you are a great moderator, keep it up. You always help people and never flame anyone. And you are Italian so you are automatically awesome

But on to the rest, such as Junglists. Junglists has many a few rude comments and flamed people telling them to "fucking search". It is much easier to just answer the question. And I feel that it is very inappropriate for a person of rank like this to behave in such a way.

Many lude comments have been made to people on this site. Including a friend of mine Nick. AKA Cornzornoplat. Junglist made a comment saying "It's to bad the sniper didn't get you". With us living in the area and with us both attending the school, that was a comment that should not have been made.

And the new moderators on this site have closed many topics that should stay open. In my opinion that is being a "forum nazi". It is an abuse of power, and it needs to cease.

In closing, to make this site better, we all need to remember one thing. We are ALL fellow drug users, we should be passing a joint, not argueing.

And I ask the moderators to not close this topic because you don't like what I am saying.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-09, 15:29
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: A problem on this forum with the members.

I do not aim to be Big Brother (Leave the newly formed 'Homeland Security' Administration for that). Just remember, we're just members like you, entitled to our own opinions and comments.

If you don't like it, ask to moderate this forum. Perhaps you can give all the shitheads a hand job with every stupid question they ask to make them feel 'wanted'
 #3 
Old 2002-12-09, 15:36
Deathrow588 Deathrow588 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A problem on this forum with the members.

Am i considered a "shithead"? I understand you may get a little annoyed with new people like me asking questions that have been asked a few times but what can it hurt to just answer again?That way it is one more person who can asnwer the next new guy that comes along and asks it.

[This message has been edited by Deathrow588 (edited 12-09-2002).]
 #4 
Old 2002-12-09, 15:54
TheMeatPirate TheMeatPirate is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A problem on this forum with the members.

I really hate that too, you know that all of those people who flame are assholes because why would they spend their own time reading a whole post just so they can post something about how stupid it is? And think of it this way, you don't know everything!! you had to get your knowledge somehow (i.e. asking people 'stupid' questions)

~meaty


*Puff* *puff* *passes the joint to the left*

[This message has been edited by TheMeatPirate (edited 12-09-2002).]
 #5 
Old 2002-12-09, 15:58
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A problem on this forum with the members.

Shut up. I personally agree when Junglist tels people to go search for the info they need. These people, without even searching anywhere else, and come in here and post a question which was posted a week or even a few days ago! Personally, I'd flame their asses too, I do sometimes, but it just tends to get me angry. =)

And I bet that comment about the DC sniper was probably deserved, right?

quote:
Originally posted by modega:


And the new moderators on this site have closed many topics that should stay open. In my opinion that is being a "forum nazi". It is an abuse of power, and it needs to cease.



I'm very pleased with all the topics that get shut down, why? Because those topics are usually pointless and the answers can be found by taking FIVE minutes out of their day to go search for it. Why should we waste our time to help some lazy bastard?!

quote:
Originally posted by modega:

In closing, to make this site better, we all need to remember one thing. We are ALL fellow drug users, we should be passing a joint, not argueing.



Ok, you go pass around your cyber joint. Have fun.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-09, 16:03
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A problem on this forum with the members.

Wait... doesn't this belong in the "Bitch and Moan" forum? Just boot it over there... or just close it =)
 #7 
Old 2002-12-09, 16:17
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: A problem on this forum with the members.

I'm feeling a bit unappreciated here. I'll be damned if I haven't been a pretty helpful guy. I've been looking things up, giving the hapless morons the things they're looking for, then telling them to search. I've given warnings on many of the only marginally shitty threads rather than killing them on the spot.

In short, I've tried to be a really nice guy. In light of that, I feel completely justified in saying this:

Fuck off, modega.

I'm leaving this open to allow the other mods a chance to reply to your unsubstantiated flames. Bitch and Moan is specifically designated for anti-mod rants, and this will be moved there shortly.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-09, 17:08
ExtazyBoy ExtazyBoy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A problem on this forum with the members.

yeah exactly, stop flaming people for asking question about drugs, yes even stupid question about silly drugs, lets face it we all were in the stage where we were all just eager to get fucked up on anything... and with time you learn that it's not good... but flaming other people is not good also there are other methods to explain people about all kinds of stuff, and all those stupid drug text MUST be removed from totse if we want other people not to ask question about the all that stuff...
 #9 
Old 2002-12-09, 17:45
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A problem on this forum with the members.

Im sorry, but I couldn't find a good reason to keep this here. Im sure you know starting topics about how much you don't like &totse or it's members belongs in bitch and moan. And since that's exactly what your doing, look for upcoming responses in Bitch and Moan.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-09, 17:50
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A problem on this forum with the members.

quote:
Originally posted by modega:
And the new moderators on this site have closed many topics that should stay open.


If it was up for YOU to decide which topics get moved/closed, then everybody would bitch at YOU, and then we could all waste YOUR time by creating a thread that doesn't belong because it's off topic, and then when it gets moved, using that as an excuse to call YOU a "forum nazi". I've said it before, I FUCKING HATE BEING CALLED A FACIST.

Moving Thead.

[This message has been edited by kronikus (edited 12-09-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics