|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-12-08, 18:37
|
Impulses 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
The god of pdrugs has truly blessed me. While at a friends house, me and my friend discovered a humungous stash of opiates. It was a bunch of bottles which were anywhere from 1-3 years old. Apparently they had been forgotten of, so we took advantage of our situation. I recieved 11 Vicodin, 24 Darvocet, and 12 Percocet.
But my intent isn't to brag here. What is the difference between these 3? I have tried them all and they seem pretty much identical.
Another question. I don't intend on getting addicted to these things so, how long does it take to develop tolerance/addiction?
[This message has been edited by Impulses (edited 12-08-2002).]
|
|
#2
 2002-12-08, 19:06
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
www.rxlist.com
|
|
#3
 2002-12-08, 19:07
|
Neiztsche 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
The Darvocets are pretty much worthless. The Vicodin are OK but you need about 3 to feel anything. But the Percocets.....are really fucking good. Two pills should do nicely.
They'll still all be somewhat potent, even after a few years.
It would take about 4 months of daily use to become physically addicted to the Percocet. The others are much weaker.
|
|
#4
 2002-12-08, 19:19
|
ballin on a budget 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
i have noticed symptoms of phyical addiction,although small,after as little as a week of daily use. you probably arent at risk if that is all you have though. just experiment with them,opiates are great. there are subtle differences between the 3.percocet is definately the most potent of the 3,followed by vikes and then the darvocet.
|
|
#5
 2002-12-08, 19:33
|
r0k 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
whats in darvocet i know hydrocodone is the vicoden and oxycodone is the percs but what about darvocet
|
|
#6
 2002-12-08, 21:29
|
Impulses 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
I'm gonna try 2 or 3 Darvocets tonight. I'll see what they're like and post later. I have tried Darvocet before, but that was years ago.
I still can't believe I have so many pills!!!
[This message has been edited by Impulses (edited 12-08-2002).]
|
|
#7
 2002-12-08, 23:29
|
djsam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
You probably won't feel anything. The propoxyphene (i think thats what its called) in darvocet is VERY week. You'd have to take more than 2 or 3. Think 5 or 6. quote: t would take about 4 months of daily use to become physically addicted to the Percocet. The others are much weaker.
Woah there. Just like with any opiate (espcecially oxycodone), you can get hooked really damn fast. And two pills shouldn't do you nicely. MOST percocets only contain 5 mg of oxycodone, 2 pills is like, the recommended dose. Try 3 or 4.
|
|
#8
 2002-12-09, 00:02
|
Old Sammy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
If they were 1 to 3 yrs old, wouldnt they be substantially weaker or even out of date??
|
|
#9
 2002-12-09, 04:20
|
The pharmacist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
Most expiration dates are very conservative, Pills are good for at least three years, if they even begin to degrade before five. I believe expiration dates are just to cover pharmaceutical corporation's asses, and also cause customers to buy drugs more often. By the way darvocets don't suck, they are just a weak synthetic opiate... I would say eat at least four, or maybe six as a good starter dose...do watch for nausea though, maybe try eating them with some food, but no milk.
|
|
#10
 2002-12-09, 20:55
|
Old Sammy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
If you were under the age of 18, and "hurt" yourself "very" bad, would you have to get parents consent before the doc would give you some heavy duty pain meds (i.e. Vics)?
***NOTICE - THIS IS NOT A QUESTION ON HOW TO FAKE A PERSCRIPTION!!!***
Edit - And why is everyone dissin' Propoxyphene??? I took about 4 of those and I thought it was far better than Vics were. Even the next day I was still happy!
[This message has been edited by Old Sammy (edited 12-09-2002).]
|
|
#11
 2002-12-10, 00:44
|
subvertpunk 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
If you have no tolerance about 6 darvocets will giv you a buzz, daarvocet was my firt 'opiate' and i usually took 6 for a buzz.
|
|
#12
 2002-12-10, 14:53
|
The pharmacist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
Old Sammy, the Dr. would have to have parental consent to even treat you for a splinter in your finger, if you are under the age of consent. Therefore yes Yhe Dr. has to have consent to give you medications, except in emergency situations to sustain life and vital sign function. In some states Pain is a vital sign and the physician must treat it the same as he would your pulse rate, pulse Ox rate, and Blood pressure. Most likely I believe the Dr. can perscribe you whatever drug he feels necessary without explicit approval on each type of medication. That in a round about way means as long as the Dr. has consent to treat you, he has the right to perscribe you whatever medication he deems necessary. Of course your Parents probably reserve the right to have a say in what type of medications are used as long as there are alternatives that are equally effective. This is all hypothetical though Sammy as I am not a lawyer, and have no fucking clue what I am talking about when it comes to legal issues except my own experiences. Also, Vicodens are not a heavy duty narcotic. They are just slightly stronger than Propoxyphene. "Theoreticaly" though if you were say "allergic" to propoxyphene and hydrocodone, or it gave you adverse effects such as "severe headaches or nausea" then they would have to give you a drug such as codine, oxycodone, or maybe even demerol or dilaudid or morphine.
|
|
#13
 2002-12-10, 15:11
|
djnickysnowdawn 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
The active ingredient in Darvocet is Darvon, chenically simillar to meathdone but on that the resembelence ends. Darvs are shit and not worth your time. Before I moved onto niced things I was on Percacet and it took me about 6 to geth stoned. Forget all these compounds and go onto Dilaudid, OC's, and MSirs. Clean and nice substances 
|
|
#14
 2002-12-10, 21:58
|
Impulses 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
3 Darvocet didn't do anytyhing. Poped 3 more and felt a buzz. Wasn't really a big deal but it was nice. Darvocet has acetaminophen in it, so I don't want to take too many. I tried 2 of these percocets... damn they were great. Better than anything else. I could see how someone could get addicted to these if they aren't careful. I only have 8 left though. I have a different kind of darvocet too, and I will try some tonight. Maybe they are a bit stronger.
|
|
#15
 2002-12-10, 22:26
|
opiatezenith 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
i've been taking darvon on and off for the past month and have really enjoyed it...i've tried other drugs but opiates always suited me the best..the only thing that sucks is trying to get your hands on them...here's to hoping i can get some oxycontin coming my way soon!
|
|
#16
 2002-12-11, 00:49
|
djsam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
quote: Edit - And why is everyone dissin' Propoxyphene??? I took about 4 of those and I thought it was far better than Vics were. Even the next day I was still happy!
Ok, I've run into a lot of strange reactions to all sorts of things. But no, just no. You didn't. And what do we have against it? Its hardly good for pain relief, definately not for recreational use.
|
|
#17
 2002-12-11, 03:31
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
quote: Originally posted by djsam: Ok, I've run into a lot of strange reactions to all sorts of things.
But no, just no.
You didn't.
And what do we have against it? Its hardly good for pain relief, definately not for recreational use.
I don't normally disagree with you about opiates [or do I?], but you are a little bit wrong about Darvon. My best friend, at the age of 6, was the one to walk in and find his father's body. He had died from an OD of Darvon, which he was hooked on and used to get high. He had several doctors, spread out over several states [being that they lived in Kentucky, it's not too hard to do] who wrote him prescriptions. So, it can be used to get high. But, then again, the dude's dad was from Kentucky - what do you expect from 'Good 'ol boy' types? Lucky for my friend, him Mom then took him to CA where he's got most of that sh*t out of him [As I tell him: He was bred in old Kentucky, but he's just a crumb out here  ].
|
|
#18
 2002-12-11, 17:39
|
Methadoneman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
First of all, Darvon does suck, and it is called propoxphene, usually Lilly N100's, I have been on opiates for a long time, and I ate at least 24 at one time, as one mentioned it gave me an upset stomach, but didn't get me high, and this was before I had a high tolerance. It's like methadone in a sense to where you don't really get high. Now percocet comes in 2.5,5,7.5, and 10 milligrams as well as hydrocodone which is the vicodin. Vicodin es, or Hp which is the 10 mg by far is way better then any darvacet or darvon whatever. Then was mentioned that you had scored a shit load of pills, I couldn't help but laugh, I mean I would write a script for 90 5mg Percocets, cause I was getting five dollars a piece for the endocets 602's, same manufacturer as the brand name for percocet. But oxycontins,are a hell of a lot stronger, and as well as Msir's as I heard mentioned, instant relief morphine, I would write them too. Those you could bang. You can get addicted to opiods a lot faster then four months, I forget who wrote that, but that is wrong, maybe if you took two percocets every week for four months, other than that, if you use them daily, you will be hooked. I know what I am talking about, that is why I am on methadone now, cause I thought I wouldn't get addicted and being sick sucks ass, that is of course if you like being sick with the runs, and puking up your guts, sounds like fun huh? Good luck to recreational use,if there is such a thing, I hope you can do it, I thought I could, but hey I am not superman!
|
|
#19
 2002-12-11, 20:37
|
Impulses 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Vicodin, Percocet, and Darvocet...
Apparently I am not as fortunate with drugs as you are. That was quite a lot of pills for me and it pleased me to get that much. Darvocets get me high at 6 pills. I don't get sick either. I could take 2 vicodins to get the same high though. I have absolutely no tolerance to these opiates so I don't have to take all that much to get high. I only weigh 125lbs, so I have that in my favor as well.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|