About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-06, 02:29
zeroOne zeroOne is offline
Regular
 
Default Bong problem

OK, I (obviously) haven't been smoking weed long. I just got a bong, and both times i've smoked with it, the water has gone up the into the bowl, thus soaking my weed. Why is this happening??
 #2 
Old 2002-12-06, 02:39
Crispy311 Crispy311 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bong problem

Well, a number of things could be goin' wrong. Maybe you blew in it. Maybe the water, on it's way down, went with enough force to force it's way back up the other way into the bowl. Maybe you're filling it up with too much water. Or maybe your just tiliting it. I don't know, those are the onlt reasons I've ever had for having water soak my precious bud.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-06, 02:39
beatmeofficer beatmeofficer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bong problem

Don't fill it so full of water and try tilting the pipe towards you while hitting it.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-06, 02:48
zeroOne zeroOne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bong problem

Heh, ironically though, this was the 1st time I have been baked. So a little wet weed isn't to bad.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-06, 04:07
Aternimus Aternimus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bong problem

Also, it's pretty common for me to fill a bong with crushed ice, then 3-4 inches of water, I usually watch it close for a few hits but then I get really baked, and forget it. When I go to take another hit half an hour later the ice has melted and the bowl is soaked. So, don't do that.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-06, 04:09
Rezurrektur Rezurrektur is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bong problem

its probably one of the following

accidently blowing into it, even just a little will get ya

tilting it forward

too much water
 #7 
Old 2002-12-06, 14:14
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bong problem

Try aking an experience wreck-head at home, get him to show you step by steck how to make it and how it works, then you really shouldn't have any problems.

(i cant believe they've led you astray)
;}
 #8 
Old 2002-12-06, 16:09
zeroOne zeroOne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bong problem

the way I hold it is the bowl is facing away from me and i tilt it a little towards me. I think that I just hit it to hard and the water backed up into the bowl do to pressure.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-06, 16:28
AvatarofPower AvatarofPower is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bong problem

http://avatarofpower.netfirms.com/pics/bongpressure.JPG

Check that pic out... it explains what might be happening...
 #10 
Old 2002-12-06, 17:18
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bong problem

If you cant even make a bong then why smoke cannabis, its not like youv got the brain-cells to waste.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-06, 18:46
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bong problem

IMO the most common problem with getting water in your slide/bowl is titlting it.

To much water adds to the problem because a slight movement allows more of a chance for the water to get in there.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-06, 19:03
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Bong problem

hitting a bong hard shouldn't flood the bowl...it should do the exact opposite.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-06, 20:04
zeroOne zeroOne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bong problem

Well I didn't make the bong i bought it.
 #14 
Old 2002-12-06, 20:15
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Bong problem

dude just fill it up about 1/4" to 1/2" above the stem. ok maybe i just like my bong hits a little harsh but dont fill it up so much.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-06, 20:57
zeroOne zeroOne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bong problem

Take a look at the bong i use, the stem is kinda short. The bong is 10" tall. http://420palace.com/Products/acrylicwaterpipes/acrylicwaterpipe.jpg

[This message has been edited by zeroOne (edited 12-06-2002).]
 #16 
Old 2002-12-06, 21:24
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Bong problem

ok. just put about an inch of water into that bong. then smoke. your not supposed to fill it all the way. please figure this out and get stoned. just don't tip it foward and you should be alright.
 #17 
Old 2002-12-06, 23:07
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bong problem

The water level cannot exceed the height of the stem [basically upto where the bowl connects] or it will obviously get water into the bowl.

Based on that picture, I suggets you fill it with water, upto where the plastic starts bending in because of the stem poking through. I hope you know what I mean.
 #18 
Old 2002-12-07, 00:30
zeroOne zeroOne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bong problem

lol, the stem i think is a bit to low on the bong, but what do you expect for $20...
 #19 
Old 2002-12-07, 00:38
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bong problem

you could always just buy a longer stem...

then again, you could figure out how to work the thing...
 #20 
Old 2002-12-07, 00:41
zeroOne zeroOne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bong problem

LOL Crazy, I'm working on training more with it, but I seem to be having trouble finding a dealer! Normally I would just gank 1 or 2 roaches from my parents little "secret" stash, but they seem to be having the same problem as I.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics