About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-03, 18:39
Crispy311 Crispy311 is offline
Regular
 
Default Ritalin and Diphenhydramine

Well, the other day I sniffed 50 mgs of ritalin and took 72 mgs of concerta. I usually always do this when I have to get up early after a couple hours sleep or when I just feel like talkin' to people more (it tends to make me more talkative). Well, before I went to this party, I took 50 mgs of diphenhydramine. Not to get high (you'll need a lot more than just 50), but because this dude has like nine cats and I'm allergic to them. Maybe about an hour, an hour and a half later, I start to get this really nice, "buzzed out" feeling. It reminded me of how you first start to feel when you take ambiens or a lot of diphenhydramine. This lasted for about an hour. Does anyone know what coulda possibly caused this. I know it wasn't the ritalin. I've done that same amount plenty of time and it just kinda sharpens me up, but never gets me the slightest bit "high".
 #2 
Old 2002-12-03, 18:57
Old Sammy Old Sammy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ritalin and Diphenhydramine

"Buzzed out" doesnt really sound that good? Explain a little bit more what this it was like. And anyways, it was most likely the drug combination you took.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-03, 19:02
Crispy311 Crispy311 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ritalin and Diphenhydramine

Yeah, I've never even used that term before "buzzed-out." I just made it up right quick and I know feel like an idiot for sayin' it. Anyway, it kinda felt like, well, a buzz. Like the way you feel after drinkin' like half a forty.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-03, 20:54
AzUrE BLuE AzUrE BLuE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ritalin and Diphenhydramine

So basically you took 122 mgs of methylphenidate and 50 mgs of Diphenhydramine. I doubt they'd interact with eachother but it's a possibility. 122 mgs seems like a good amount to take. You sure it wasn't that? If not, sorry I couldn't help.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-04, 00:20
Tchort Tchort is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ritalin and Diphenhydramine

Alright..so lets clear something up:

You took your regular dose of speed..

and also took a small amount of diphenhydramine.

You started to experience the come-on of a diphenhydramine/ambien (and also dimenhydrinate if you wanna add another) trip.

In effect, you took diphenhydramine and evenetually felt effects reminiscent of taking diphenhydramine: doesn't sound like rocket science to me.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-04, 02:00
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Ritalin and Diphenhydramine

The point isn't that he felt diphenhydramine effects, it's that he felt them after taking a normal dose. I can't see why the two drugs would interact, and I'm too lazy to look into the chemical side of things. Perhaps the speed high made you more perceptive to the minute changes brought on by the allergy meds.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-24, 02:05
Crispy311 Crispy311 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ritalin and Diphenhydramine

Now another question I guess. Assuming that one is tryin' to get high off of diphenhydramine, could ritalin take away those drowsy effects?
 #8 
Old 2002-12-24, 02:43
maddcow007 maddcow007 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ritalin and Diphenhydramine

No.

I use this combo a lot.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics