About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-03, 16:49
the creator the creator is offline
Regular
 
Default Mariujana better for you than tabaco

Mariujana is better for you that tabaco and may be benificial to your health
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_health2.shtml
 #2 
Old 2002-12-03, 17:00
bako bako is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mariujana better for you than tabaco

I agree it is way better for you than tobacco...I have asthma and cigs affect it greatly but weed doesnt seem to do anything harmful at all once i get past the coughing my brains out for 5 minutes with a huge water bong! LOL

One thing I need help with is sex on weed...I dont know why it is like this for me and didnt used to be this way but i mentioned before i have probs getting it up...Is it maybe because it ups ur blood pressure? Or maybe something to do with anxiety? or is it all just in my fucking head? I really am getting tired of not being able to smoke before sex...PLz help
peace.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-03, 18:12
Mista Piccolo Mista Piccolo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mariujana better for you than tabaco

Back in the day when hashish was much more plentiful (when it was popular to be consumed by eating a spoonfull of hash-mixture), it was advertised as a way to help intercourse. Some of my friends say that when high, they want to fuck (not each other obviously) too. As for me, I've never really cared/thought much about sex while high. It's love and affection I care more for. Sure, I've jacked off while stoned, but it was just an experiment. It was nothing special.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-03, 18:15
bako bako is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mariujana better for you than tabaco

fuck i always wanna have sex while on anything but when im baked we will fool around and ill be hard as fuck and ready to roll but when it comes time to stick er in i fuckin like lose my train of thought or something and it dont work. Fuck its an annoying thing.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-03, 18:43
Crispy311 Crispy311 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mariujana better for you than tabaco

In what ways does bein' high (from the buddha) make sex better? I mean, does it help stamina, gettin' it up, orgasm,...?
 #6 
Old 2002-12-03, 22:43
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mariujana better for you than tabaco

it doesn't help getting it up...

but when you do you'll last longer...
[considering every two seconds you forget what the fuck you're doing...]

and you're high while having sex... what's cooler than that when you're high?
 #7 
Old 2002-12-03, 23:14
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mariujana better for you than tabaco

Maybe this was in the link (I didn't bother to read it all) but my friend when writing a marijuana legalization essay. Most of you have herd DARE officers and health teachers claim that one joint is equal to 20 ciggarettes carcinogin harm. Well thats only if you smoke the marijuana leaves. I guess they cant use that defense when most of us our smoking the buds.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-03, 23:19
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mariujana better for you than tabaco

dude, leaf and bud material are almost the same, besides the fact that bud has more THC.

it might be 20 cigarettes worth, but how many people smoke joints all day?

[yes, yes, those few weed freaks do, i know... yea yea, but i'm talking about the average weed smoker...]
 #9 
Old 2002-12-04, 01:56
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Mariujana better for you than tabaco

I've suffered from asthma all my life. I've had pneumonia way too many times. In short, I've got somewhat fucked-up lungs.

Pot smoke doesn't bother me a bit, aside from the usual hacking and spitting. THC has actually been shown to act as a bronchiodialator (sp?), meaning that it opens up the airways in your lungs. That's right, folks- not only is it fun, it can actually help mild asthma. I'm not suggesting you take a fat toke during your next attack, but maybe you could consider it a "preventative" measure...

I tried jacking off whilst high once. Fantasizing becomes difficult when the girl in your mind keeps turning into a lizard or a bag of Doritos. Definitely an unusual experience, if you can ever figure out what you're doing.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-04, 02:02
Mista Piccolo Mista Piccolo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mariujana better for you than tabaco

Yeah, I expect sex to be some cool shit high. But jacking off sucks. Haha, yeah, a bag of doritos...

I thought leaf material was harder and harsher than the bud? I mean, the bud is basically the flower, right? And flowers are soft. I think there's a noticable difference.

Although...I think you could be able to roll the leaves up into a ball and eat them. I know the Indians used to do something similar to that, but I forgot if there was something else involved...
 #11 
Old 2002-12-04, 23:14
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mariujana better for you than tabaco

I only smoke dank and to my guess I dont smoke the leaves when I get a bag.

The higher you go up on the plant the better the weed is because their is higher THC concentrations, and that exists in the flower mostly right? And thats what you get when you buy dank. So I assumed I dont smoke many leaves.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-04, 23:19
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mariujana better for you than tabaco

the "flower" of weed is more like a collection of small leaves than a petaled flower...

[and it's all plant matter anyway...
the bud just has less plant matter to smoke to get you high.]
 #13 
Old 2002-12-05, 20:49
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mariujana better for you than tabaco

Ok I got it a bit mixed up.

But the way my friend explained it, he was saying it how its lower on the plant and something like that how most people dont smoke it. I dont know now though.
 #14 
Old 2002-12-05, 20:55
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mariujana better for you than tabaco

that's correct.

the lower leaves on a MJ plant ("sun leaves")
are large, fleshy and have a low THC content.
(they are the tipical MJ leaf everyone knows)

buds, if i'm not mistaken, are the flower parts and small leaves that are around the "flower"
 #15 
Old 2002-12-05, 21:00
stokesy stokesy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mariujana better for you than tabaco

There was a repot that was in the news a lot a couple of weeks that said that canabis was approximately 15 times more likely to give you cancer than ciggarettes
 #16 
Old 2002-12-05, 23:39
the creator the creator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mariujana better for you than tabaco

quote:
Originally posted by stokesy:
There was a repot that was in the news a lot a couple of weeks that said that canabis was approximately 15 times more likely to give you cancer than ciggarettes


That is complete fucking bullshit. Canabis does not contain any cancer causeing chemicals.

 #17 
Old 2002-12-06, 00:55
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mariujana better for you than tabaco

quote:
That is complete fucking bullshit. Canabis does not contain any cancer causeing chemicals.

sorry, but i think this is the one that is (... hmm... how you say?) "complete fucking bullshit"

cannabis smoke does contain carcinogens, but you smoke much less marijuana than tobacco.

as for "15 more times likely"-
i've heard that weed has 3x more carcinogens than tobacco smoke. if you smoke as much weed as tobacco and for as long as the typical tobacco smoker smokes you probably will get cancer.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics