About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 1 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2002-12-04, 12:56
Regular
 
Default alcohol bong water

I just don't see why anyone would want to do this. It reduces the THC in the weed and the only way to get it back is to drink the alcoholic bong water. Idea, how about you use water and get all the THC and be happy?

Jesus Christ, people.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-04, 13:50
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: alcohol bong water

quote:
Originally posted by dopeman420:
correct me if I�m wrong, meta, but when you say "drinkable beer", aren't we talking about beer whose alcohol has dissolved most of the polar compounds from the smoke, such as, say, ammonia, or hydrogen cyanide? the alcohol probably picked up a good bit of (disgusting & useless) tar and nonpolar carcinogens like benzene, too. i guess it all depends on your definition of "drinkable".


Well if you want to get technical about it, I said the beer was drinkable before I talked about it absorbing stuff.

Besides, beer is mostly water**, I don't recall anyone using that. It was always some liquor [to help kill the taste. I mean this sh*t is nasty, [blah].

And, finally, most people who would do and drink that probably aren't the most health conscious anyhow ;-).


**: American beer is even more so. Like Eric Idle [of Monty Python] said once: �[I] I find you American beer very much like making love in a canoe: It�s f**king close to water.
�
 #3 
Old 2002-12-04, 14:19
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: alcohol bong water

quote:
Originally posted by Chunkmiester:
Here, bongs with water are called hookahs, i don't think you use that terminology in the states.

Chunk



Well, I can't speak for the whole country, but the parts I've been around make the following distinctions [or did ; Don't tell me they don't anymore: I'm tired of feeling my age :

Bong: Most commonly a tube, or pipe, of some length, which your whole mouth covers at one end. The bottom of it has a small [relatively going by total volume] amount of water. A smaller tube [metal, usually, though glass is also used] goes into the larger one at the bottom at about a 45 degree angle and has the bowl at one end and dips into the water at the other.

[I think you all know what I mean - a bong, yes?].

And though a bong uses water - by design, not always by use [i.e.: your 'dry bong'] - it's not really considered a water pipe .

Now a water pipe is best exemplified by the hookah - AKA the Turkish water pipe [It was when the Turks, for reasons I don't remember anymore, couldn't use their hookah, that they invented the cigarette. Or so the story goes...].

Another good example is the 'Gas Chamber' [one of my own design], which is based on a 2L Erlenmeyer side-arm filter flask, but it is the same basic design as a hookah.

And that design is a rather large volume vessel [usually glass, and not always large - I've seen pocket water pipes. But they never work: you end up with a mouth full of pipe water just trying to get a decent hit].

The vessel is usually filled 1/4 to 1/2 with water [or some other fluid ;-)]. A tube with the bowl on one end goes through the top [usually - side mounts are usually bongs, but not always] and reaches almost to the bottom, going - obviously - through the water.

A tube [or hose; to distinguish from other tubes mentioned. This is flexible] goes to a hole [or side arm] above the water line. The mouth piece is on the other end of this.


There

[Nothing like giving a lengthy explanation to people of things they know well already, eh?]
 #4 
Old 2002-12-04, 18:20
Dmac Dmac is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: alcohol bong water

why dont u just smoke weed and drink alcohol
 #5 
Old 2002-12-05, 00:29
unstable247 unstable247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: alcohol bong water

somebody probably already said this (i haven't read the whole thread), but THC is alcohol soluble. we use water in bongs to filter out some of the not-so-nice constitutes of weed smoke. alcohol may do that, but it would also filter out the THC, so your smoke would be less potent.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics