About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-02, 01:18
soundsystem00 soundsystem00 is offline
Regular
 
Default vodka

vodka guestions for u guys-

How many shots does it take you guys to get drunk?

How many does it take to get you hungover the next day?

it only takes me three to get drunk, and i havent gotten hungover yet, but then again, ive only done it once.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-02, 02:07
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: vodka

I drink lots of water so I never get the slightest bit hungover
 #3 
Old 2002-12-02, 02:07
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: vodka

So it took you 3 drinks to fuck you up your first time. Congratulations.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-02, 02:14
Halfglass Halfglass is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: vodka

Alcohol use builds a tolerance over time (you'll find you can handle more with every drunk). Alcoholism is the same. I knew a guy who would drink a fifth of vodka just so he could get drunk on the next one. I've heard people refute this (saying its all alcohol) but, as an alcohol abuser from way back I've noticed vodka has one of the worst hangovers. For a fast buzz I always liked whiskey or even wine--but for the uninitiated, vodka will probably serve the purpose for price and its easily masked taste.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-02, 03:17
papo papo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: vodka

if i take around 9 in about 3 minutes its hard to remember the rest of the night
 #6 
Old 2002-12-02, 03:31
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: vodka

quote:
Originally posted by Halfglass:
Alcohol use builds a tolerance over time (you'll find you can handle more with every drunk). Alcoholism is the same. I knew a guy who would drink a fifth of vodka just so he could get drunk on the next one. I've heard people refute this (saying its all alcohol) but, as an alcohol abuser from way back I've noticed vodka has one of the worst hangovers. For a fast buzz I always liked whiskey or even wine--but for the uninitiated, vodka will probably serve the purpose for price and its easily masked taste.



I don't know about the hangover part;; I never really got hangovers in the later stage of my drinking days - where I was drinking a fifth of vodka every night - minimum.

I'd pop three aspirins, a multi vitamin and go to bed around 3 or 4 in the morning; get up around 8 to go to work, smoking a bowl on the way.

I might not ever really been sober those last three years, come to think of, which would explaine my lack of hangovers.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-02, 03:50
FortyOunces FortyOunces is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: vodka

i have basically only bad memories from vodka esp the time me n 3 friends split 1n 1/2 gallons of georgi but im not gona go into detail about that ill get grossed out, but just this weekend me n a friend drank half a bottle of the big bottle of smirnoff vodka and i sniffed 2 e pills and a 1/4 gram of yayo and something else i think and i ended up attacking almost all my friends we were all drunk so it didnt really hurt at the time but i woke up with cuts ALL over my body 2 of my rings were actually bent 6 knuckles were ripped open and i got a lump on the back of my head i was hurting that morning didnt feel all better till like basically i went to sleep the next night but vodkas always around i want some blackhouse(sp?) next time or im not drinking, i say that now but its prolly bullshit have fun
 #8 
Old 2002-12-02, 10:17
jimbo_yu jimbo_yu is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: vodka

quote:
Originally posted by ScorchedWeasel:
I drink lots of water so I never get the slightest bit hungover


Do you drink water before or after consuming the vodka?
 #9 
Old 2002-12-02, 14:49
Chunkmiester Chunkmiester is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: vodka

If i drink a lash of fruit juice (lash=about 200ml) between each shot or between every other shot then i can quite easily drink shots of vodka all night. I may not remember doing it in the morning, but its still do-able.

Chunk
 #10 
Old 2002-12-03, 02:15
diabolik diabolik is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: vodka

the only time I was real sick from drinking was from vodka.

I'm a light guy, I weigh about 140 pounds, and I had been drinking vodka a lot the past couple months so I could drink about 12 oz's (shots, straight, with a couple minutes breather in between after the first couple..) Anyways what I didn't know was that two other guys at the party had half-full 26er bottles as well. So I drank from all three until mine was empty. On an empty stomach.

Yes, I paid the price for my idiocy. Blacked out after 5 hours of puking nothing ('dry heaves', not cool), went home the next day and couldn't do anything but lie down shaking on my couch.. the water was turned off because the main down the street broke or some shit so I couldn't drink water, and couldn't puke or I wouldn't be able to flush it. Now if I drink vodka I can only handle little sips for a short period of time, then my body freaks out and pukes, which sucks.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics