About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-01, 00:30
Melonious Melonious is offline
Regular
 
Default Zoloft and Ecstasy

I experimented with the two last night. Lately I've been on an experimenting binge with ecstasy. Anyways, I was on ecstasy and my friend had some Zoloft which is supposed to make you perk up and he told me to try it. So I said allright whatever and I popped 50mgs of it. Well to make a short story shorter it fucking KILLED my brain. And by killed I mean it felt like my head was on FIRE, it was unbearable.

The next morning I woke up and I was in total and complete mental....ecstasy. It was as if I had reached a point of understanding everything. I could focus on whatever I wanted, I was completely confident and my self-esteem just skyrocketed. This lasted the entire day and remnants of it still linger on with me.

Anyways I was curious if there are any documented significant side effects to mixing the two drugs? Cus so far I've had none.

 #2 
Old 2002-12-01, 01:01
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Zoloft and Ecstasy

Are you saying you took both ecstasy and Zoloft together? You are a complete and total retard.

First, if you are a continuous SSRI (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitor) anti-depressant taker, you won't be able to feel yourself rolling, or your 'roll' will be greatly diminished.

Why is this? I'll explain. An ecstasy experience is a 'serotonin experience' and dopamine for the most part. Ecstasy gains access to your serotonin axon terminals (storage bin) via the re-uptake valves. The re-uptake separates the axon terminals from the synapse area. When ecstasy reaches your 'unguarded' re-uptake valves, it causes the huge release of serotonin that causes you to 'roll'

People take SSRIs (Paxil, Zoloft, Prozac) because they are re-uptake inhibitors. They block or clog, if you will, the re-uptake valves, not causing serotonin (or anything else) become re-absorbed. Theory and studies imply that when serotonin is released and does not reach it's receptor, it does not get used and causes people to be depressed, have OCD symptoms, etc.

So if you are taking zoloft and ecstasy together you are wasting your pill{s} because the ecstasy cannot reach the serotonin axon terminals to cause the massive release, that causes the rolling experience.

My point is proven because you said your brain was 'fucking killed'. That feeling was probably caused by the PMA or other desinger speeds that was mixed in with your pill. You weren't rolling. But what happened?

The Zolofot wore off, and you were 'off to the races' What you explained in your second paragraph can best be described as the average rolling experience. And the reason I can say that the Zoloft wore off is that SSRI's have to be taken for weeks to have a heavy enough concentration build up before your brain can become 're-trained'.

SSRI's and ecstasy are not necessarily a bad mix, but not at the beginning, and definitely not at the middle of a roll.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-01, 01:15
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Zoloft and Ecstasy

Messing with Zoloft is messiing with fire.

As talked about in another thread, an error by my Doctor ended me up with a script for it and it nearly killed me and 9indirectly0 my then wife.


Experimenting is all well and good; I've nothing at all against it, but like an experiment in science, you stand a lot better chance of avoiding trouble should you first try and research what you plan to do.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-01, 01:40
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Zoloft and Ecstasy

Right on Meta! I totally agree! SSRI's can really fuck you up, even people who need them and take them on a legit script. I know a lady whos been on prozac and xan's (and every other SSRI) for about 5 maybe more years those pills make her a nut case man. Especially when her doc experiments on her and trys new SSRI scripts, when she got on wellbutrin she was a mega-bitch and never shiut the fuck up or slept. My point being that expermintation is fine, i bet most of the people here including me have fucked with SSRI's at least once and non-= of them had a good experince (i know i sure never did). So for future refrence stay the fuck away from SSRI's as a recreational drug, this includes prozac, zoloft, celexra, wellbutrin (zyban) and many others i cant think of at the moment. Spare yourself all the shitee buzz's an SSRI may give you and take it from people who have already tried it, its just not even worth experimenting with.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-01, 03:13
ahriman ahriman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Zoloft and Ecstasy

Here's something i obtained from http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/maois/maois_info8.shtml
a little off topic but hey


Avoid mixing MAOIs and SSRIs.
This can lead to serotonin syndrome and can be dangerous.


Do not mix MAOIs with Stimulants (including MDMA).
This can lead to hypertensive crisis and can be deadly.


SSRIs in Combination with MDMA
Generally reduces the effects of the MDMA significantly.


SSRIs in Combination with Psychedelics
Generally reduce the effects of the psychedelic a bit.


MAOIs in Combination with Psychedelics
Generally increase the effects of the psychedelic significantly. Be extremely careful.


SSRIs
Strong SSRIs are significantly more common than MAOIs. Many commonly prescribed pharmaceutical anti-depressants are SSRIs, including Prozac (Fluoxetine), Paxil (Paroxetine), Zoloft (Sertraline), Celexa (Citalopram), and Desyrel (Trazodone).

MAOIs
Strong MAOIs are less common, but include prescription anti-depressants like Nardil (phenelzine), Parnate (tranylcypromine), Marplan (isocarboxazid), Eldepryl (l-deprenyl), and Aurorex or Manerix (moclobemide). Ayahuasca also contains MAOIs, generally in the form of Banisteriopsis caapi or Syrian rue (harmine and harmaline).
 #6 
Old 2002-12-01, 03:22
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Zoloft and Ecstasy

I gave my friend a mild case Serotonin Syndrome by giving him 5-htp and Paxil too close together. He started seizuring (while driving), and had to pull over where he vomitted his brain out.

I was very lucky and apologized. We haven't hung out in more than a year now.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-01, 14:25
Melonious Melonious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Zoloft and Ecstasy

I've taken zoloft again since the last experience just because I wanted that high I had in the morning after I had taken bot Zoloft and E together.

I dont know about anyone else but it's pretty cool. It mellows me out and enhances my creative drive. I've tried smoking pot with it and I was fuckin butter, nothing could bother me. I really dig it. The only thing is I haven't been able to get an erection in the past few days while taking it. Hope that's not a permanent side effect.

-Mel
 #8 
Old 2002-12-01, 16:03
AvatarofPower AvatarofPower is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Zoloft and Ecstasy

Taking SSRI's are only a problem with MDMA if you take them at the same time... if you allow the MDMA to be absorbed into your Seratonin emitters, you're all set AND the SSRI prevents the dopamine from being re-uptaken into your seratonin cells and breaking down into H2O2... this prevents the neurotoxicity of MDMA.

Timing is everything.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-03, 14:29
ike9898 ike9898 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Zoloft and Ecstasy

I take Zoloft on a daily basis and I can confirm that it greatly inhibits the effects of E. The three times I have tried E I took the same stuff as my friends; it had a great effect on them and almost none on me. Two of those times, I took several more pills over a few hours and eventually felt an effect. however, I think that the effects were from the impurities in the pills (speed, etc.) Cannot be sure because, of course, I'm not sure I've ever really felt the effects of E...I'm not certain what it feels like!
 #10 
Old 2002-12-03, 17:53
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Zoloft and Ecstasy

Duh, wthat's what I said, so stop taking your SSRI three to six days before you roll, or you'll be wasting your pills. And if you can't plan that far ahead, you aren't responsible enough to be taking ecstasy.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-04, 08:41
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Zoloft and Ecstasy

Lokil, I heard something like two weeks before you roll. I've only done X once, because I found out about the SSRI interactions. If I was to indulge again, would 6 days off the citolapram really be enough time to get it out of my system?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics