About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-28, 20:43
kingfan14 kingfan14 is offline
Regular
 
Default Cigarrette question???

Im 14 and I just recently started smoking cigarettes. Ive also been smoking weed like 3 times a week. About how long would it take me to get addicted to cigarettes if i smoke like 2 cigarretes a day?? Because im really not trying to get addicted???
 #2 
Old 2002-11-28, 20:54
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

That question cannnot be answered. Addiction varies between humans. Some people, may become addicts at first inhalation, some may never be.

Get addicted to Nicotine patches instead. But you won't take my advice, happy puffing.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-28, 21:06
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

once you get addicted to ciggerates it sucks ass i advize just keep smokin weed and screw smokin ciggerates.

[This message has been edited by RejectJC (edited 11-28-2002).]
 #4 
Old 2002-11-28, 21:10
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

yea, don't start. Trust me dude. I smoked for 5 years (started when I was 15) and it was the hardest thing to quit. I quit cold turkey and I was an asshole for 2 weeks. It's not worth it, just stick with weed. That way you wont die in a sterile hospital bed of lung cancer

-GreaterEvil
 #5 
Old 2002-11-28, 21:50
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

you could also enjoy tobacco in a much less amount. maybe once every couple weeks. Even at this rate some people can get addicted. i used to smoke a cigarrette every time i got high but then i decided that i toked up so often that i might get addicted to cigs and i don't want that to happen.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-28, 21:53
ExtazyBoy ExtazyBoy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

if you keep on smoking 2 ciggaretes everyday you'll get addicted someday sooner or later... advice from a smoker, please don't smoke its reallly retarded...
 #7 
Old 2002-11-28, 23:49
jodathmorr jodathmorr is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

Smokers are jokers!


Ciggs are really stupid. Keep with the herb.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-29, 00:13
ltleshedevil ltleshedevil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

i started smoking about 6 years ago, ive tried to kick the habit about 40 times (this is a little extreme but ne smokers will know it surely feels this way after a couple failed attempts). i cant quit. i smoke newport 100s and i am only 19, i already sound like a old hag when i wake up and the first thing i grab is a grit then a joint. and i have to add this....if you enjoy weed, dont smoke! if you want to really hit those nice big bong rips, charred crusty cancer lungs will NOT make it ne easier!

dont even start!!! ahh i cant emphasize this enough. my mother has emphazima and i found this out one month after i started smoking...and by then it was already to late.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-29, 00:51
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

Shit, I started when I was 15 (17 now). Right now with all the pot and cigs I smoke, I have constant phlegm and sore throat. Not to mention the ass breath. Up to a pack a day, and I've been trying to quit.

Anyway, it depends mostly on your genetics whether you are more succeptable(spell?) to being addicted or not. Don't let yourself smoke so much it becomes a part of your day.

Yet, they aren't so bad.
 #10 
Old 2002-11-29, 01:32
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

For me to smoke, it makes me horribly sick. Now, I know this is a bit off topic, but what is it in cigs that make you sick? Is it the nicotine, or the other crap? I'de like to give some sheesha a try, but its not worth the trouble if Im gonna get sick.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-29, 01:35
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

Any tips on quiting cold turkey?
 #12 
Old 2002-11-29, 01:43
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

Wellbutrin. I can't even stand to put a cigarette to my mouth anymore. There's half a pack on the bookshelf - not going anywhere.

When I used to pick up a cigarette I would instantly look forward to the way it would taste, etc. I quit cold turkey. Amazing.
 #13 
Old 2002-11-29, 02:47
kingfan14 kingfan14 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

Thanks guys you have really made me think about stopping smoking cigs but I am still going to toke weed about once a week now im cutting back on that because I want to do track in the spring!!!
 #14 
Old 2002-11-29, 02:51
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

the thing about weed with most people.....you smoke less and you get the affect. With ciggerates its like a really bad itch that you want to scratch. You smoke a cig it gits rid of your addiction for a little bit but then it returns and you smoke another one. which makes you smoke more and more ciggerates. With weed you smoke less and get more out of it and you dont mess up your lungs as bad.
 #15 
Old 2002-11-29, 03:12
Fighting For Freedom Fighting For Freedom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

I totally agree with everything everyone's written so far. Cigarettes are a sure fire way to cut your life short and if you're only 15 years old, will perhaps affect your growth too.

I started smoking when I was 18....I'm now 28. My cancer stick of choice is Marlboro Lights. They cost $.20 a pack in this country. I stopped for 2 years when I got here, by limiting myself to one joint (no baccy) a day until the cravings went away. It's a very effective method for me.

Nevertheless, as the saying goes, once a smoker always a smoker. Slowly but surely I started accepting the odd one from friends while we were out drinking. Three years on I'm back up to 1 pack a day. I can stop when I want to but as soon as I have a drink that's it - I'm right back on again. Problem is, I drink quite regularly, so it's a vicious circle.

I wish I'd never touched them to be honest. They don't make you look cool - they make you stink. They don't help relax you - they give you the lung capacity of asthmatic flea.

Don't believe me? As the Malboro Man...if you can find him!

In short, stop smoking and stop NOW. You may as well just take your money and set fire to it for all the benefit cigs are giving you. At least weed has a positive affect on you (even though it's much more carcinogenic!)
 #16 
Old 2002-11-29, 04:00
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

more carcinogenic, but i haven't seen someone go through a cig. pack's worth in a day!

if i were you i'd quit before track. completely.
i quit for cross country season and i'm back smokin now.

[and i thought i used to get fucked up, pshht, coming back to the great 'erb is better than starting]
 #17 
Old 2002-11-29, 04:05
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

It would be easier on your body if you smoked the money you use to buy the cigarettes with.
 #18 
Old 2002-11-29, 04:55
FortyOunces FortyOunces is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

"more carcinogenic, but i haven't seen someone go through a cig. pack's worth in a day!" well then you hang out with some jr.partiers, one of my dads friends smokes 20+ joints a day and my friends brother in law smokes 20+ blunts a day the older guy has tits now all you mj smokers like to neglect the fact that marijuana effects your harmones and you WILL eventually grow breasts and youll be a pussy2
 #19 
Old 2002-11-29, 04:57
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

ROFLMAO.....
 #20 
Old 2002-11-29, 05:05
Regular
 
Mission Viejo CA USA
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

Dont fucking smoke ciggarettes, they're the stupidest most addictive worst drug ever. Weed is cool

SenorJesucristo
 #21 
Old 2002-11-29, 05:06
Regular
 
Mission Viejo CA USA
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

quote:
Originally posted by FortyOunces:
"more carcinogenic, but i haven't seen someone go through a cig. pack's worth in a day!" well then you hang out with some jr.partiers, one of my dads friends smokes 20+ joints a day and my friends brother in law smokes 20+ blunts a day the older guy has tits now all you mj smokers like to neglect the fact that marijuana effects your harmones and you WILL eventually grow breasts and youll be a pussy2



...or not
 #22 
Old 2002-11-29, 05:17
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

oh, well, then i can't wait for my pair to grow!
 #23 
Old 2002-11-29, 05:34
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

i dont even see how someone could smoke that much reefer in one day. Its stupid and pointless. Well most people dont smoke as much weed as they do tabacco accept for the people mentioned above.
 #24 
Old 2002-11-29, 05:58
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

Pot makes you grow breasts?

LOL

Another myth I thought long dead.

Forty, I hope you were joking.

That pot smoker with breasts you saw, had breasts for the same reason does [most] any male with breasts: too much crap to eat and not enough exercise.

Pure and simple.

As for cigs, I'd say stay away too.

I'm one of the few who wasn't addicted to it.

For me it was/ has always been a hand-mouth fixation. I'll go days, weeks, months between smokes, no problem.

Then, under certain conditions I feel the need for one; though I�ve often just picked up a tootsie pop or something else that works equally well to deal with the oral fixation [how many are gonna be mature enough and not pull a beavis & butthead with that?]
 #25 
Old 2002-11-29, 06:06
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

I would rather shred my lungs with something enjoyable. I'm not totally averse to tobacco, but it's not as much fun as weed and it's not something I'd like to do regularly.

I've seen too many girls that were incredibly attractive before they lit up a cigarette. I don't want to get close to someone who stinks of tobacco.

Mmm...oral fixations and cannabis bitchtits...
 #26 
Old 2002-11-29, 06:51
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cigarrette question???

i dont really care if a chick smokes cigs and they are hot. I dont mind they can go out with me....hehe. But the smell is nasty and horrible.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics