About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-27, 19:14
cheezzdipp cheezzdipp is offline
Regular
 
Default what is an acid flash like?

right im a retard, but anywayz i just wanted to kno before I tried acid.
 #2 
Old 2002-11-27, 19:21
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

you mean a flashback?
 #3 
Old 2002-11-27, 19:23
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

Well I did say I was going to start a thread on it but I guess you just couldn't wait.

I have to; I have a lab facility to run.

So while others give their take on the subject, you'll just have to wait until I take lunch or go home for the holiday
 #4 
Old 2002-11-27, 20:10
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

quote:
Originally posted by cheezzdipp:
right im a retard, but anywayz i just wanted to kno before I tried acid.


Your not a retard. You would be a retard if you didnt ask about them before you did acid. I wouldn't know about flashbacks, because ive never tried acid.... i plan too but i havent yet because its so damn dry. Anyways from most people i hear they dont get flashbacks but i dont know ask around some more from friends or people that have done it.

 #5 
Old 2002-11-27, 20:55
Halfglass Halfglass is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

I've felt trippy after good weed. Never what I'd call a return to a trip state though--and I've done my share of 'cid.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-27, 21:56
Viper229 Viper229 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

When on LSD you get severe, terrifying thoughts and feelings, fear of losing control, fear of insanity and death. A trip on LSD is like 9-12 hours long. You also get unexpected flashbacks. When on LSD, always know that your not gonna die, and everything is alright. If you a first time user, you will be fucked up for many hours so beware, also take it in a safe place where there isn't too many people or anything or somewhere where you can't hurt yourself or others...after that you will know its effects and will make proper adjustments. My friend was on LSD and was all crazy taking swings at a bunch of cops at about 2AM in a park, the cops were pointing there guns at him.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-27, 22:06
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

man, you've had some fucked up acid trips. All my acid trips where a ton of fun. The closest thing to freaking out(i.e. thinking about death, insanity, etc) I have had was my first time when I took 4 drops of superman liquid. And even then I wasnt too bad, just didnt know how to deal with it all.

-GreaterEvil
 #8 
Old 2002-11-27, 22:58
laerif laerif is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

ive been acid for a while now and i aint had any bad trips yet, i was even almost busted in my mates house getting high by his mum while tripping. as soon as she was gone we spent 4-5 hours sitting talking and watching the pitch blackness in the room, most fun ive ever had on a trip i think.
anyone else get this a sort of less to see more you feel fucked, i feel it more easy to trip in the dark anyways.
-
lae
 #9 
Old 2002-11-28, 00:41
Billowz Billowz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

There are some who think sensory deprivation (like not being able to see) helps when tripping to achieve visuals and other effects when other senses are deprived of 'info'.


Being in a room while dark would be the same as CEVs (Closed eye visuals) right?
 #10 
Old 2002-11-28, 05:17
The pharmacist The pharmacist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

Okay, once again school is in. An LSD flashback is a brief return to the mindset of a former acid trip. I cannot explain this to you if you have never tripped before, but I can explain the physical and basic emotional effects of my own experiences with the wonderful ergot alkaloid derivative I affectionately call uncle cid.
True LSD25 gives a slight speedy rush to it,sometimes causing anxiety in uninitated users. If you have a mellow trip, it is probably not LSD25 but LSA. Your pupils will dialate noticably. You will experience what is called trails or tracers, which are slight visual hallucinations where a moving object will have a ghostly tail dragging behind it. closed eye visuals are common in the 100 to 150 microgram range. At the 200 mic. range open eye visuals start to appear, increasing with intensity as dosage rises. A good basic psychadelic trip in my opinion is approx. 450 to 600 mics. Some users will have slight stomach cramps or nausea, which I believe are psychosimatic. Fear is not a problem if you go into the trip with respect for the drug, and common sense that you will be fine, as this journey has been taken millions of times before you ever stepped foot on the plane. Just remember to have fun, and eat your chewable vitamin c tabs...I hope you can get a rudimentary grasp of what I am trying to convey, but I am afraid my words are like trying to explain the color red to a blind person. Sorry for the fucking long post, but It had to be done.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-28, 13:25
tinyrod tinyrod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

let's say i have this friend who is about to get 50 hits of liquid cid.. and he is curious of some of the ways to drop it... or whatever (this is stupid) we've heard of the sugar cube and paper... but how do you know how much to put on there.. etc.. i looked around and havent found a single decent text explaining this... we gotta bring it back
 #12 
Old 2002-11-28, 13:34
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

drop one drop on too the sugar cube, smartie, etc. another smart way that junglist once told us about was too drop one drop onto a spoon then lick the spoon. let's say your friend is one lucky bastard if it is real shit.
 #13 
Old 2002-11-28, 13:48
r0k r0k is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

or maybe just drop it in your mouth
 #14 
Old 2002-11-28, 14:17
Fighting For Freedom Fighting For Freedom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

Sorry but 'flashbacks' are an urban myth. Unless you had permanent psychosis, once your acid has left your system, it is physically impossible to have a relapse. I'm sure many will post here telling you they were driving down a road weeks after when all of a sudden this or that happened. Trust me, it's bullshit...

If you take enough acid, time can seem to stand still and visa versa. You might suddenly remember something you'd forgotten while tripping in weeks to come, but this can hardly be called a FB. In that case, I have FBs everyday, not about things that happened to me while off my head, but events that took place when I was a child. Smells can trigger it, as can songs, situations and similar environments. There's nothing mystical about it whatsoever...
 #15 
Old 2002-11-28, 15:15
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

from erowid
quote:
The essential feature of Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (Flashbacks) is the transient recurrence of disturbances in perception thaat are reminescent of those experienced during one or more earlier Hallucinogen Intoxications. The person must have had no recent Hallucinogen Intoxication and must show no current drug toxicity (Criterion A). This reexperienceing of perceptual symptoms causes clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning (Criterion B). The symptoms are not due to a general medical condition (e.g., anatomical lesions and infections of the brain or visual epilepsies) and are not better accounted for by another mental disorder (e.g., delerium, dementia, or Schizophrenia) or by hypnopompic hallucinations (Criterion C). The perceptual disturbances may include geometric forms, peripheral-field images, flashes of color, intensified colors, trailing images (images left suspended in the path of a moving object as seen in stroboscopic photography), perceptions of entire objects, afterimages (a same-colored or complementary-colored "shadow" of an object remaining after the removal of the object), halos around objects, macropsia, and micropsia. The abnormal perceptions that are associated with Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder occur episodically and may be self-induced (e.g., by thinking about them) or triggered by entry into a dark environment, various drugs, anxiety or fatigue, or other stressors. The episodes may abate after several months, but many persons report persisting episodes for 5 years or longer. Reality testing remains intact (i.e., the person realizes that the perception is a drug effect and does not represent external reality). In contrast, if the person has a delusional interpretation concerning the etiology of the perceptual disturbance, the appropriate diagnosis would be Psychotic Disorder Not Otherwise Specified.


[This message has been edited by CRaZyAmishMaN (edited 11-28-2002).]
 #16 
Old 2002-11-29, 01:42
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

Hes got you there.
 #17 
Old 2002-11-29, 02:27
Fighting For Freedom Fighting For Freedom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

Mine is just a personal opinion from personal experience. In my defence, I offer you this article from New Scientist (Ed. Feb '98)
--------------------------------------------
"One widely publicized adverse effect of the LSD trip is the "flashbacks sudden and unexpected reexperiencing of some portion of an earlier trip, weeks or even months afterward.

Dr. Sidney Cohen, interestingly enough, did NOT RECEIVE A SINGLE REPORT OF FLASHBACKS during his 1960 - 1964 study of adverse LSD reactions. As late as 1967, only 1 case of flashbacks was reported in the medical literature. Then the flashback hazard was widely publicized�� and a flood of reports promptly followed. By 1969, according to Dr. M. J. Horowitz, about 8 out of every 20 "hippies" who used LSD suffered flashbacks of some kind.

A simple explanation of LSD flashbacks, and of their changed character after 1967, is available. According to this theory, almost everybody suffers flashbacks with or without LSD. Any intense emotional experience�� the death of a loved one, the moment of discovery that one is in love, the moment of an automobile smashup or of a narrow escape from smashup may subsequently and unexpectedly return vividly to consciousness weeks or months later"

---------------------------------------------

I have taken well over a 1000 hits of acid in my life; many of my friends have taken alot more. I know of no one reliable who has ever had a FB. Thus, without any evidence to the contrary, I stand by what I wrote previously.
 #18 
Old 2002-11-29, 04:13
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

quote:
In my defence

oops, was i attacking?

quote:
Any intense emotional experience�� the death of a loved one, the moment of discovery that one is in love, the moment of an automobile smashup or of a narrow escape from smashup may subsequently and unexpectedly return vividly to consciousness weeks or months later


would you not agree that a trip could cause an intense emotional expirience (or is one, to begin with)?

quote:
In that case, I have FBs everyday, not about things that happened to me while off my head, but events that took place when I was a child. Smells can trigger it, as can songs, situations and similar environments. There's nothing mystical about it whatsoever...Amen!



i know a girl that had a "flash back" and ended up in her kitchen half-naked!
[but that's beside the point and just restarting the whole argument...]

...one more thing... kronikus- you're a mod, right?

[This message has been edited by CRaZyAmishMaN (edited 11-29-2002).]
 #19 
Old 2002-11-29, 06:19
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: what is an acid flash like?

quote:
Originally posted by Billowz:
There are some who think sensory deprivation (like not being able to see) helps when tripping to achieve visuals and other effects when other senses are deprived of 'info'.


Being in a room while dark would be the same as CEVs (Closed eye visuals) right?



There's another thing I forhot about.

At the mortuary, we had this one hughe walkin closet way in the back of the rear bedroom. It took very little to light seal it.

We then poceeded to spend hours in there not saying anything with just the stereo [speakers moved into the closet], or even with total silence.

Boy, does your mind amply supply what the senses don't provide - I could hold out my hand in front of me, and eventhough I could really see nothing, the sensation Ifelt in my arm told my brian where it was. The fact that the eyes gave no info dodn't matter; I still could see my arm, or I could see the arm of an amimal, a demon,anything I thought it to be and lack of any real visual ques made it all the more real looking.

*good times*


And I'm glad someone has already mentioned the emotion/FB link.

I've taken well over 1000 hits/trips and I've never had a flash back; I've had moments where for a brief moment my head was in the same place it was during some trip.

But haven't tyou ever had some song, some smell, something hit you in such a way you feel the same as in some otyher point in your life - usually one that is connected with one strong emotion or another?

And that's all a trip is, when you get right down to it: a strong emotional experience.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics