About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-27, 06:34
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default getting high or getting drunk?

Do you guys like getting high or getting drunk better? They are both easy to get and they both are awesome. I personally like getting high because i like to relax and think alot. But getting drunk is much more fun for parties.

Whats your opinion?
 #2 
Old 2002-11-27, 12:45
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

definately the high. in combination though is when the best times happen. actually just smoking it up is when the BEST times happen.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-27, 14:05
AKO AKO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

I find it very hard to get drunk... so its much cheaper for me to smoke up(altho lately i havent been gettin as high like i used 2), and I also prefer the effects of being high to being drunk. The side/after effects arent as bad when your high either, opposed to hangovers, tiredness..... needing to piss every minute.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-27, 14:20
Crispy311 Crispy311 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

Assumin' you mean smokin' bud when you refer to "gettin' high", of course, I like gettin' high more. I only like gettin' drunk when I'm in a situation where I can't exactly be smokin' with ease (ie my room, school, etc). I do like gettin' high more though. Smokin' is an easier process for me. It's easier to get a big fat hit down than a big gulp of vodka down.
As far as effects go, gettin' high is better too. The only cool thing about gettin' drunk is I can chill around and be more open with people. At the same time, I also run the risk of pukin' and I usually gotta take pisses a lot (I don't drink a lotta liquer and those 40ozs fill me up quick). When smokin', I can chill just as much, still have a good ol social hour with buddies, and just about anything I do is more fun. When I'm drunk, everything is still same on the fun factor. Plus, when I'm high I don't gotta worry about pukin' or pissin' a lot.
There's my two cents.
 #5 
Old 2002-11-27, 15:49
Knight Divine Knight Divine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

I don't know, I haven't realy used any drugs, but I suppose I would like getting drunk better cause then I are more open to other ppl and stuff... Oh, and I almost never get hangovers, nomatter how drunk I get.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-27, 16:58
bako bako is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

I like to get fuckin hammered and then smoke a phat spliff.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-27, 19:00
burns burns is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

whats wrong wif both,,
u can smoke pot then drink liquor
or u can drink liqour then smoke pot

it gives for hammer time
 #8 
Old 2002-11-27, 19:06
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

Nothing is wrong with both. He is simply asking which do you overall like better.

I'll have to say I like toking more than drinking since I can do it at more convinent times. No side affects, puking, hangover, etc. But drinking still has its place
 #9 
Old 2002-11-27, 19:29
ExtazyBoy ExtazyBoy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

when im alone at home id rather smoke up, but when im with my friends id rather get piss drunk and fuck shit up on the street and get in trouble... yeah its just me
 #10 
Old 2002-11-27, 20:05
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

another reason i like getting high better is its easier to be high at school than to be drunk at school in my opinion.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-27, 20:37
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

and you can't wake up and get drunk(oh wait totse members prove you can)and have a semi-productive day. as you can with good ol reefer.
 #12 
Old 2002-11-27, 21:08
ExtazyBoy ExtazyBoy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

actually you can wake up and get drunk and your day will sill be fine and productive, but (not really drunk though, maybe few beers) but when i smoke in the morning then i become all lazy, and evel depression takes over me and i just want to commit suicide ... no but seriosly why would you even want to get fucked up in the morning? that's just weird, and that's just me

 #13 
Old 2002-11-27, 21:16
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

"Wake-and-Bake's" are fairly common in my household. I prefer cannabis to booze anyday of the week. I won't say the I hate alcohol, but I'm definatley not a big fan.
 #14 
Old 2002-11-27, 23:43
cheezzdipp cheezzdipp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

hmmm, getting drunk...barfing it all up. Ill go for weed over jd every time
 #15 
Old 2002-11-28, 01:09
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

quote:
Originally posted by ExtazyBoy:
but (not really drunk though, maybe few beers)


i still haven't figured the point of drinking without getting completly smashed. but it's different. no one usually just trys to get a buzz from toking up. i mean no one would just smoke 1-2 hits and get 1/2 high(sorry to the people that do if there are any out there).
 #16 
Old 2002-11-28, 01:20
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

ha... yea... i'd love to see that... some kid at a party "ok, put the piece away, i'm starting to feel a buzz"

i like highness more... the fact that i know people that are BAD drinkers probably affects that. (my one friend always thinks i'm conspiriring against him when he's drunk... ah, it's scary.)
 #17 
Old 2002-11-28, 01:32
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

I don't like alcohol much, so I'm going with getting high...
 #18 
Old 2002-11-28, 01:36
Mista Piccolo Mista Piccolo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

Mary Jane beats alcohol any day. She always will.


And I'm going to keep bitching at my mom for bringing home like 20 bottles of alcohol the same day I got caught with pot. Yes mommy, you are a fucking hypocrite. There's another reason I'm pissed but I'm not going to bring that here. Ok I will. My dad told her not to take the white mescaline and she took it, then smoked pot, then she could never smoke again in her life without becoming paralized, locking herself into a closet, or trying to jump out a window. So now she's jealous. But she'll still bring home 20 bottles of alcohol "So our family composed of 20-50 yr old responsible parents, a bunch of kids, and 60+ grandparents will have a wide selection tomorrow at thanksgiving dinner." Who else is tired of this hypocricy?
 #19 
Old 2002-11-28, 01:44
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

Mild hypocrisy, I think. Alcohol isn't a mild depressant/mild psychadelic, like weed, so the intoxicated craziness isn't as bad. For me, at least.
 #20 
Old 2002-11-28, 01:48
Mista Piccolo Mista Piccolo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

Yeah, but from what I've seen, alcohol will turn you into someone else. It will make you stupid. And it's harder to control yourself, if not impossible. I admit, I have been able to pull off being drunk in front of my parents without getting in trouble, but it's a hell of a lot harder than being stoned. I still think it's worse...
 #21 
Old 2002-11-28, 01:51
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

Internally, yes, alcohol is much worse. Your body neglects all other body maintenance in order to metabolize the alcohol out of your body. I'm fucked. So is this other person I know.
 #22 
Old 2002-11-28, 03:52
number_nine number_nine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

getting drunk is much better, although i get stoned far more often. when im stoned in public, i act retarded; my facial mucsles relax, and i lisp, and sound like an alien. when im drunk, im free, and i feel good, and dont sound retarded. i doubt that ne1 will read this ne way...its so far down.
 #23 
Old 2002-11-28, 04:22
modega modega is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

For me personally, I perfer being high. Mainly because it is more pleasant and you can control your actions.

How many of you have gone to parties and have been unable to drive home because you are drunk? Well, driving high is infact very easy. Smoking actually makes you a better driver in my opinion because you can concentrate more.

Now, for being more sociable at these parties I would again go with weed. Being drunk will many times just make you an asshole without realizing it.

Just my feelings though.
 #24 
Old 2002-11-28, 05:53
D.N.S D.N.S is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

i hate being high and i hate the taste of pot

but i love alcohol
 #25 
Old 2002-11-28, 13:46
AvatarofPower AvatarofPower is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: getting high or getting drunk?

"I prefer cannabis to booze anyday of the week. I won't say the I hate alcohol, but I'm definatley not a big fan."

I'm with kronikus here... I don't actively dislike booze, but I don't think it even remotely compares to cannabis.

Booze makes me stupid. I don't understand anything and I make a fool of myself.

THC, on the other hand seems to actually make a part of my brain work better. All the Organic Chemistry labs I did high, I aced. The ones I did sober, I got C's tops. All the parts of "The Inflationary Universe" that I read high, I understood. I actually managed to teach myself how to visualize a fourth dimensional universe model based on the way he described it in the book which I'd never been able to do that sober. Now I can, though, because I learned how when I was high.

I don't really smoke much or drink much anymore, though... too damn much work to get done. I get lazy when I get high.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics