About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-27, 04:43
chemmy_chemmy_420 chemmy_chemmy_420 is offline
Regular
 
Default does vanilla extract do anything to you

????i read a File and wus wonderin
 #2 
Old 2002-11-27, 05:41
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

Considering it's something like 40 proof, yeah, it'll get you drunk.

That's it though.


Today's trivia question:

Q: Where does vanilla come from [Don't say 'the vanilla bean . I mean where does the bean come from]?

Answer later - if no one gets it.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-27, 07:33
Neiztsche Neiztsche is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

Well, the pods come from the plant Vanilla planifolia and the name comes from the spanish word for vagina.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-27, 12:42
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

its like 84% alcohol. thats like 160 proof...or somewhere around there. i'm betting it will get you drunk. go steal some from a grocery stored and tell us how drunk you got.
 #5 
Old 2002-11-27, 13:17
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

A) Could you really drink that much vanilla without getting sick? I don't think I could.

B) Make sure it's vanilla extract. The vanilla flavoring is artificial and doesn't contain the same alcohol.

C) I remember that nearly all of it comes from one of those tropical islands where everyone runs around half-naked. Tonga? Tahiti?
 #6 
Old 2002-11-27, 17:53
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

No, actually the vanilla bean comes from certain variety of orchid.

Yeah, I thought it strange too, but I've confirmed it [I'm a hard core vanilla fanatic].
 #7 
Old 2002-11-27, 18:26
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

ok mister vanilla afficionado what's the difference between regular and french vanilla? seriously i want to know.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-27, 19:11
DoobyDoobyDoo DoobyDoobyDoo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

French Vanilla looks like somebody pissed in it (at least the ice cream does). and it tastes funny
Peace Out

*Dooby Snacks*

{Ok, Mr. Dooby, it's time you started making real contributions to this forum.

Lord knows it's ok to post smartass sh*t - I do it more than most anybody.

BUT I also contribute in a meaningful way, and I suggest that you start doing the same: That kind of nonconstructive crap is no longer welcomed or even tolerated here.

I only give one warning, so please take this seriously.}


[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 11-27-2002).]
 #9 
Old 2002-11-27, 19:27
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

quote:
Originally posted by Cobranaut:
ok mister vanilla afficionado what's the difference between regular and french vanilla? seriously i want to know.


You and me both. I can tell there's a difference, but can't put my finger on it [and have been to busy to look it up [read: too lazy].

See, and honest answer: I could have said the color
 #10 
Old 2002-11-27, 21:12
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

I don't know if it grows there, but vanilla is quite abundant in the Dominican Republic. I got huge 16oz bottles really cheap on my vacation there. Some of you might remember when I posted a question about Clonazepam, I was still in the DR. Surprised I found a computer.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-27, 22:06
PyroFire PyroFire is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

I read that artical too......it says you can mix the vanilla extract with coke or pepsi....but if that would get you drunk why would there be a need for people to go to a liquor store. Everybody would be out buying vanilla extract and a bottle of coke right now.
 #12 
Old 2002-11-27, 22:33
Mista Piccolo Mista Piccolo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

I tried to use mint extract once. I mixed in with coke, but it was too nasty to drink. Then we emptied the can and used it as a tinny. That sucked. The smoke was like, hardcore peppermint. Yuck. I'd like to try the Vanilla though, it sounds better.
 #13 
Old 2002-11-27, 23:16
GW GW is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

I read that somewhere to. But I also read somewhere that the extract may contain high amounts of methyl alcohol as well. Methyl alcohol is not to be confused with ethyl(drinking) alcohol. Methyl alcohol is a toxin to your optic nerves and can make you go blind. People often went blind during the prohibition by drinking methyl alcohol.
 #14 
Old 2002-11-27, 23:40
headcharge headcharge is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

quote:
Originally posted by chemmy_chemmy_420:
????i read a File and wus wonderin


mint extract is better.
 #15 
Old 2002-11-28, 00:26
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

I have a feeling that the difference between french vanilla, and other types, has to do with the way its prepared. Basically it involves soaking a vanilla bean/pod/whatever in various types of alcohol for a long time.
 #16 
Old 2002-11-28, 01:36
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

Vanilla extract tastes rancid. It is not worth it unless you mix it with something.
 #17 
Old 2002-11-28, 04:04
Sivvy Sivvy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

has any of you drank this straight? tastes JUST LIKE vomit, shit you not, identical tasting.
 #18 
Old 2002-11-28, 04:16
modega modega is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

Well, chemmy I can infact say that this does work. During last summer me and a few friends experimented with a few different types of extracts from the grocery store.

I perfer lemon extract although. It is 84% alcohol and is quite pleasant on comparison to vanilla or mint. Get the lemon extract and mix it in with coke, or lemonade

Now GW, above you stated that it may be Methyl alcohol. This isn't true for the most part. Extracts that you get at the grocery store are meant to be used for baking etc.. Now, if they were to be Methyl there would be a warning also.

I seriously doubt that have Methyl alcohol in a grocery store, but chemmy, you may want to be extra careful reading the label of the extract before you drink it.
 #19 
Old 2002-12-11, 17:26
opiatezenith opiatezenith is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

i drink orange julius with vanilla extract in it at least twice a week, every week and i never get any intoxication/high of any kind at all...if anything i enjoy the flavor of my drink and that's it
 #20 
Old 2002-12-11, 21:42
A-F Army A-F Army is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: does vanilla extract do anything to you

quote:
Originally posted by Mista Piccolo:
[B]I tried to use mint extract once. I mixed in with coke, but it was too nasty to drink. [B]


This is true, it is horrible. It tasted like shit. To sum up the story, I didn't get drunk, my stomach hurt, and I had a bad taste in my mouth.

However it did make my breath smell minty.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics