About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-25, 17:03
phender phender is offline
Regular
 
Default Growing Weed at home Indica vs. Sativa

Yeah so I wanted to start growing some weed at home purely for recreational purposes not to sell or anything. I've done some research and I found out you should use non-acidic soil around 6.5-7.5 pH. Good fertilizer that wouldn't add acidity to the soil. Bug spray. And a flourecent light on it 12 hours on, 12 hours off. This is about the extent of my knowledge as far as growing marijuana is concerned and I wanted to know if I am missing anything or if I am wrong about anything. Also I have been looking at seeds and it seems there are 2 main types of weed, Sativa and Indica. I also wanted to get some of your personal opinions on which is better. Sativa gives an energetic high while Indica is more relaxed.

[This message has been edited by phender (edited 11-25-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-11-25, 18:11
Neiztsche Neiztsche is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Growing Weed at home Indica vs. Sativa

Indica...hands down.

Sativa strains are more like the classical 60's pot (thin/long leaves). Industrial hemp is a sativa strain. Sativa is not known for ultra-high THC levels.

If you're starting from clones, then you probably will only find Indica strains.

You want to look for Indica Afghani relatives. Most of the good pot around is decended from Afghani (Northern Lights, Purple Haze, etc.) These plants are characterized by wide/short (but large) leaves.

I suggest you forget about soil/florescents.
If you want nice, fat buds then you should learn hydroponics (its very easy) and use a metal halide bulb/balast with a high-pressure sodium conversion bulb. (E-Bay for around $150)

You can buy everything you need for hydroponics at Home Depot for around $100.

You can buy the nutrient solution at any indoor gardening center.

If you grow indoor pot, hydro is the only satisfying way to go.

 #3 
Old 2002-11-25, 18:22
postman_pat postman_pat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Growing Weed at home Indica vs. Sativa

why only 12 hours of light? Keep them on 18/6 until you want them to flower and it is possible to grow with flourescents but they will give you really airy buds with about 1/8 off each plant, get some hps

As for seeds, indica is they only way to go, sativas will get way to big for indoor growing, try to get some feminised white widow(you will see why)
 #4 
Old 2002-11-25, 20:20
phender phender is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Growing Weed at home Indica vs. Sativa

OKay I will most definetly go for Indica now as I was shifting in that direction even before I posted this thread. About the hydroponics, I hear that hydro gives you a much shorter high than weed grown in dirt, I was wondering if this is true although I am considering this hydroponics thing and I am looking it up right now.
 #5 
Old 2002-11-25, 21:15
enigmaXesp enigmaXesp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Growing Weed at home Indica vs. Sativa

[QUOTE]Originally posted by postman_pat:
[B]why only 12 hours of light? Keep them on 18/6 until you want them to flower and it is possible to grow with flourescents but they will give you really airy buds with about 1/8 off each plant, get some hps

As for seeds, indica is they only way to go, sativas will get way to big for indoor growing.

ive heard that were they grow and originally come from some get up to 20 ft tall. i dont know about you but i know id love to have a marjuana tree
 #6 
Old 2002-11-25, 22:00
Neiztsche Neiztsche is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Growing Weed at home Indica vs. Sativa

"I hear that hydro gives you a much shorter high than weed grown in dirt"

Huh?

Hydroponics maximizes the nutrient intake of the plants.

Add that with a light spectrum comparable to the sun, supplement C02, B-vitamins, female hormones and you are now providing more than nature can.

The result is fat colas containing more THC, and that's all you care about....more THC.
Longer buzz? Shorter buzz?...it's all just about the THC content in the plant.

Outdoor bud is great but if you really know what you're doing (i.e. using B vitamins and hormones) you can do better than the outdoor Humbolt County environment.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics