About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-25, 03:18
FortyOunces FortyOunces is offline
Regular
 
Default uhh problem with new mods

uhh guys you are kinda getting carried away with the closing of threads i havnt said anything yet cause i respect you guys but come on i was waiting for alverez to respond in the "WTF baking soda" thread just because some stupid people say some stupid shit in a thread doesnt mean you have to close it, you can just delete there messages i was really looking foward for him to respond espcially being he only lives a few towns away so if you could pleese re-open that topic. The other thing ive noticed and understand that meta has to deal with chronic pain and i know that must suck mucho but that doesnt really give you the right to close every thread concerning using opiates for recreation i understand completly but think about what this forum is for and abusing opiates is part of it and always has been im sorry that you have to deal with chronic pain i sincerly am but that doesnt mean we dont have the right to request information about abusing it, like some kid wanted to know how to inject OC now that topic didnt need to be closed all im asking is for you guys not to take things personally and maybe be a little bit more fair. fair?

{Really, this should have gone in Bitch & Moan, but I didn't think we should be airing our dirty laundry to the rest of totse}

[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 11-25-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-11-25, 03:38
Evolved Evolved is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: uhh problem with new mods

*Agrees*
 #3 
Old 2002-11-25, 03:39
Karly669 Karly669 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: uhh problem with new mods

Nicely Put..
Although if you look back through here, in fact right beneath this topic, he DID post an apology especially to that kid...i think his problem is not only one of chronic pain but also being Bi-Polar. i've been diagnosed as that and it certainly does make you go from one extreme to the other almost without even knowing why...you can go to bed feeling one way and change moods for no reason, in your fucking sleep!
Plus even you have to agree that sometimes the dumber posts do get a little repeticious and boring...but i see your point and as i said, nicely put!
 #4 
Old 2002-11-25, 03:43
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: uhh problem with new mods

Before you jump on that soapbox you'd better be damn sure you got your fact straight, which you most certainly do not!

The baking soda thread was going to be closed by Theta because, I assume, he found it not to within the scope of this forum.

I closed it because I felt the same way before even reaching Theta�s post.

Once I read his, I thought to have a little joke.

BLTC is not a place for you to hook up with other small town cronies

See that little icon over the top of people�s posts?

Well, that is for e-mailing someone, which is how you should find that info you wanted.

But, lord knows I don�t want to be called a fascist and start seeing my name all over bitch & Moan, and I think I can speak for kronikus, ThetaReactor on this.

So, I�ve re-open it. If they wish to reclose it that�s their business and within their right to do

Now, as for me closing opiate threads because of how I feel:

If you would have read my introductory post, you�d have read that I will not close a thread due to personal feelings

Indeed had that been the case I would have closed it the first time I posted to it two days ago.

In fact, it is still open.

Any opiate thread that I close will be/has been for the reason�s outlined earlier.

I can�t speak for kronikus, or ThetaReactor on why they close/closed the thread they do/did.

But I am not guilty of anything you claimed, except for the excruciating pain, that you were spot on.
 #5 
Old 2002-11-25, 04:24
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: uhh problem with new mods

We close threads at our own descretion. There are literally dozens of reasons why a thread might be closed, and more often than not, the reason is explained in the last post. I don't have a problem with people asking for threads to be re-opened, but the reason has to be valid.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-25, 04:36
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: uhh problem with new mods

I won't intentionally be a forum nazi. I've given my reasoning for each action I've taken, and I even warned you in advance that the baking soda thread was running off track. Had you replied asking me to leave it open, I would have obliged. Meta saw fit to close it, and as you can see, he's willing to reverse that when asked nicely.

If you feel that I've done something unfair, please tell me. This forum is dependent on the input of its members. Feel free to email me if you'd like, as it will get a better reception than a flame thread. A well-stated thread like this will work also, but don't get upset if it's closed as soon as the issue is resolved.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-25, 06:57
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: uhh problem with new mods

I've just gone back over the past couple of days, since the addition of kronikus & ThetaReactor [because you accuse all three of us].

I found the following closed threads:

  • New Mods by: kronikus; closed [I assume] by Kronikus.

  • ketamine by: happyhobo; closed [I think] by ThetaReactor.

  • Methcathinone via K2Cr2O7 by: Online2002; closed by: Me, because it was a 'Lab Tips' forum question.

  • the taste will kill you by: mmglassman; closed by: Me, because it, too belonged in 'Lab Tips', but seeing that Tryp had already pretty much answered it, saying 'consider this thread closed', I didn't move it only close it.

  • THC in your system by: NAAGAL; closed by: Me, because the question had been answered and the rest was just flames.

  • melitonin extraction by: jtoastercamp; closed by: ThetaReactor.

  • once its liquid asap by: r0k; closed by: Kronikus

  • Idea for smoking at home Evolved ; closed by: Kronikus

  • Pillmaking by: MSW2006; closed by: Me, that wasn�t closed it was moved to �Lab Tips�


    Though I can�t speak for ThetaReactor , or Kronikus, I agreed with those posts being closed, and I stand by those I closed � including the one I reopened: it�s only open again because it was requested.

    Further in the past: ThetaReactor or Kronikus are not yet mods, I was off site for over 36 hours.

    I have deleted some threads, but I don�t won�t do that until it been closed for more than a couple of days, in case somebody does wish it to be reopened, which I�ll consider depending on the reason.

    So, I�d like to know just where are all of these opiate threads I have allegedly closed?

    As for the deletion of individual replies within a thread, I don�t believe in doing that as it seems to degrade the thread, somehow [I don�t know, it just doesn�t seem �right�, I can�t put my finger on it, it just feels instinctively wrong.

    If a reply has nothing to do with the topic at hand, or is just so much flame bait � on topic or not, I may, that is, I might alter the text of the reply, but you know I�ve done it so there�s nothing dishonest about it.

    And if for some reason I can�t now fathom I do decide a reply needs to be deleted, I will still leave the shell [the box the replies are in] so that everyone will still see that there was a reply there.

    Are there more thread lately?

    Yes, most definitely there are. That was implied implicitly in my into message, don�t you think?

    So I don�t see a problem

    However, I am understandably biased.

    I try my best to be fair [I think it�s a Libra thing, mostly], so I would now like to put it to a specific question, specifically to those who agreed with FortyOunces.

    So: FortyOunces, Evolved, Karly669: Would you please provide some specific examples of our heavy handedness, overzealousness, whatever you want to call it?

    This is most certainly not a flame, nor is it written in anger [emotion being so hard to convey over the net, and given the recent bi-polar induced tirades, I didn�t want anybody to make a mistake and think I was doing it again ;-)
  •  #8 
    Old 2002-11-25, 07:30
    Evolved Evolved is offline
    Regular
     
    Default Re: uhh problem with new mods

    I was mostly concerned with my thread "Idea for smoking at home". I really didn't think there was a need to close the thread. I know it was similiar to another one, but I feel that it is different enough to remain on its own. Also, when I posted it I wanted to know peoples opinions on exactly what I had posted and whether there were ideas to improve on what I had written.

    I value every opinion, I even get a kick and a bit of a laugh at SOME of the stupid one line posts that are posted. As you can see from my post count I haven't had a lot of experience posting here and barely any making my own threads. Having one of my first threads closed within minutes was somewhat disheartening considering that the people on this site like to promote the idea of free speech.


    *Edit. Just wanted to add that the thread I was told my post should have been was about smoking cigarettes while I was specifically talking about weed.

    [This message has been edited by Evolved (edited 11-25-2002).]
     #9 
    Old 2002-11-25, 13:47
    kronikus kronikus is offline
    Regular
     
    Default Re: uhh problem with new mods

    Evolved: I've opened your thread for further discussion as per requested. Specific topics can be discussed there as you did make a good point about the individuality of the thread.
     #10 
    Old 2002-11-25, 18:19
    Old Sammy Old Sammy is offline
    Regular
     
    Default Re: uhh problem with new mods

    I'M a fag. Simple as that.


    {I was going to tell you to not post frivolous replies, but I'll just let this one go with a warning...}

    [This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 11-25-2002).]
     #11 
    Old 2002-11-25, 19:04
    CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
    Regular
     
    Default Re: uhh problem with new mods

    what the hell?

    the only thing i see is the threads being closed too early (ie: question asked, answer given; closed.) there can be some more thinking done on some of the topics closed, BUT because of people that flame and/or add worthless shit (Old Sammy) i feel that they were closed to prevent that and rightfully so.

    until the board "matures" they'll have to be closed to prevent that kind of shit.
     #12 
    Old 2002-11-25, 20:54
    runaway runaway is offline
    Regular
     
    Default Re: uhh problem with new mods

    Posting on totse is a privlidge. Not a right. If you have a problem with a closed thread...Oh well. be thankful you got to post it at all. If you dont like it, dont post.
     #13 
    Old 2002-11-26, 07:55
    Evolved Evolved is offline
    Regular
     
    Default Re: uhh problem with new mods

    Thank you for reopening my thread
     #14 
    Old 2002-11-26, 13:45
    r0k r0k is offline
    Regular
     
    Default Re: uhh problem with new mods

    i agree with runaway i mean my thread got closed and im not bitching but anyways maybe now that everybodys whined and cried and who wanted their posts back opens been back opended the thread should be be moved to bitch and moan
     #15 
    Old 2002-11-26, 16:07
    Super Moderator
     
    Sebastopol CA
    Default Re: uhh problem with new mods

    To quote Dr. Hook from the song The Cover of the Rolling Stone :

    "That's a very good idea..."
     
    To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
     

    totse.com certificate signatures
     
     
    About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
    Hot Topics