About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-25, 01:16
Evolved Evolved is offline
Regular
 
Default Acid rumours

Last night I was talking to a friend and mentioned that I was going to try some acid soon. He started telling me some things about acid such as many people (as in 1 in every few hundred) are 'allergic' to acid and can die on their first trip. He also mentioned that acid will permanently effects your brain from the first time you take it.

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light onto this subject for me as I am really interested in taking a trip. Also I should mention that a my dad has had severe mental conditions (extreme paranoia, depression ect) which has caused him to divorce my mum and move to the other side of the country. I'm unsure if it has anything to do with his upbringing or drug abuse when he was younger (perhaps both). I think some fucked up things may have happened to him when he was younger but am unsure because he used to tell me a lot of bullshit so I don't know what to believe but I do know that he did take a lot of drugs, just not sure what.

Thanks.
 #2 
Old 2002-11-25, 01:28
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

your friend... has been fed BULLSHIT!

i fucking hate acid rumors.

i think there's been one recorded death and that was when someone mainlined it thinking it was meth.

your dad's mental illness could give you something to worry about, but as long as you know you are a mentally healthy tortoise i don't think there should be a problem.

my warning would be to be SURE you are not mentally ill (seeing as your dad being mentally ill gives you a greater risk of being so also) and then follow through with extreme caution.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-25, 01:29
40ozTOfreedom 40ozTOfreedom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

id say fuck it, and try it.

ive never heard of people dieing from acid. also, it doesn't cause perm brain damage. the flashbacks are based from your spine, nothing to do with your brain.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-25, 01:38
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

your friend is full of shit. It's good you posted here though, I always encurage research into a drug before you try it out. As for 'permanently fucking up your brain', you DO develop something of an alternate world view, at least I did and many of my friends, but it's usually mroe theological or existensial, nothing like making your head bleed or make you go crazy. I highly recomend taking acid, at the very least once in your life. Just remember through out your trip that everything is gonna be ok and you'll do fine.

-GreaterEvil
 #5 
Old 2002-11-25, 01:48
Evolved Evolved is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

Cool, seriously thanks for all the advice so far. I definately think that the guy that told me the stuff about acid was misinformed. Either way I think I will have to try it at least once because I am so curious about it.

I also wanted to mention that another friend I know offered to give me a free trip at the Big Day Out next year (those who don't know about it, the Big Day Out is a huge music festival that has heaps of bands and usually heaps of people attend). Would this kind of atmosphere be a good place to trip? I know that it's pretty intense so i'm not sure if this is the place to do it.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-25, 01:53
D.N.S D.N.S is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

quote:
Originally posted by 40ozTOfreedom:
the flashbacks are based from your spine, nothing to do with your brain.


thats not true...
 #7 
Old 2002-11-25, 01:56
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

i wouldnt do it at big day out. Especially if your in the mosh pit it would be very stupid in my viewpoint. Acid i think is something you should do just in a peaceful area and make sure when you do acid dont try to do anything scary like watch a scary movie or anything like that it freaks you out. If you try acid i think you need to be at home where you know nothing could go wrong.

[This message has been edited by RejectJC (edited 11-25-2002).]
 #8 
Old 2002-11-25, 02:17
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

yea, maybe if it wasnt your first trip it would be ok, but for your first time you really want to be in a safe place to trip. Set and Setting are very important. It would be a good idea to have someone who's tripped before trip with you as well. We call them 'Fry Generals'. They are helpful for being a guide through your first trip, to calm you if you start to get shaken up about something or other situations that arise. As for flashbacks, the way I understand it, you don't have flashbacks from acid in your spine, but from finding yourself in a situation that reminds you of one of your trips and you kinda 'go back' and semi-experiance it again. Kinda like when you smell a farmilar smell and you 'flashback' and remember a time where your mom was cooking in the kitchen and the smells that would be there. Kinda like that anyways.

-GreaterEvil
 #9 
Old 2002-11-25, 04:09
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Acid rumours

Bloody f**king hell. Myths, myths.

Uh, exthuse me myth, your slip is showing.

Yeah. it's good you posted to ask that's why were here In case some of you still don't get it

I endorse the not in public your first time bit.

As I do with the be sure of your mental fitness.

Acid can, for someone already at the edge, push them over the abyss, look at Syd Barrett [Founder and creative driving force behind Pink Floyd, at the beginning, subject for most songs by Floyd,. after acid derived collapse]

Death by acid?

AFAIK there has only been one that can be attributed to acid [directly; jumping out windows while on it don't strictly count].

That death was an elephant and the death was because they gave it acid based on body weight, not brain.

If, I say If one were to die from too much acid [an oxymoron, where I come from], it would be due to the acid stopping your automatic muscle responses, namely breathing. but it takes more acid than you could possibly imagine, if that.
 #10 
Old 2002-11-25, 04:41
The pharmacist The pharmacist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

Okay..time to dispell a couple of myths.\
1. LSD does not build up in any areas of the body. The half life of LSD when injected is 5.1 hours. 80% is excreted by the liver, bile system, and small intestine within three hours. All LSD is gone in 24 hours. Look on erowid to verify my facts.
2. there is no strychnine in LSD in any active dosage range. A 5mm x 5mm square of blotter weighs approximately 2 mgs. That is below the active threshold for strychnine. The cramps, nausea, and other unpleasant effects are most likely caused by poor LSD synthesis that produce ergot derivatives.

When I have more time, I will write a file to contribute to &totse covering these myths, and giving good facts to the people that are too lazy to research the topic on their own. Have fun dosing, but remember to respect the drug, as it can warp your mind for short periods of time. If you can get ahold of thorazine keep a couple of tabs on you, as it will terminate most effects of the LSD. You never know when you might need a parachute.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-25, 20:49
leet0x leet0x is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

You have to count all the other shit that is in acid these days, true real acid, is very hard to come by. I have seen cheap cut stuff around, but usually it follows the same rules that everyone else on this thread has been talking about.
 #12 
Old 2002-11-25, 21:31
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Acid rumours

Oh please, give me a break.

Use your head and think about it for a moment:

Take your average sized blotter hit,

Now, just what substance is there that can be added to that little piece of paper in an amount that will any effect?

Remember: acid is measured in mics, which [for those who don't know] is short for micrograms - one millionith of a gram.

I ask again: what can be used in such small quantities and still have an effect?

Not only that, consider this:

If someone takes the time, effort and risk to make acid, then they are in all likelihood going to make a decent amount.

Remembering that a decent hit has only 250 mics [and that's a pretty potent hit at that], then a gram of acid would be enough for 4000 hits.

Why would they bother adding anything to stretch it out?
 #13 
Old 2002-11-26, 01:23
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

The only thing I've ever heard of on blotter thats bad for you is strictnine, but according to the DEA's website, only .05% of all acid produced these days actually uses the strictnine as a bonding agent.

-GreaterEvil
 #14 
Old 2002-11-26, 01:32
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

quote:
2. there is no strychnine in LSD in any active dosage range. A 5mm x 5mm square of blotter weighs approximately 2 mgs. That is below the active threshold for strychnine. The cramps, nausea, and other unpleasant effects are most likely caused by poor LSD synthesis that produce ergot derivatives.


none, whatsoever, at all, total, in any amount [period].
 #15 
Old 2002-11-26, 02:07
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

here's my source to back my .05% strychnine claim:

"Actually, I think the fact that PharmChem analyzed something on the order of
2,000 LSD samples between 1972 and 1979 and never found one with strychnine
in it would be better. I'm going over all their data with a toothpick and
I'll get back to you on exactly what I find. It looks like the percent of
LSD with strychnine in it is, however, at least under .05%. More a little
later."

My source to the whole FAQ is here

-GreaterEvil


[This message has been edited by GreaterEvil (edited 11-26-2002).]
 #16 
Old 2002-11-26, 15:33
LutherX LutherX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

I also endorse the bit about making sure you're mentally fit. A friend of mine went fucking crazy after taking a double, and it's permanent. It was almost 5 years ago and he's still fucked up. I also know people who have taken hundreds of hits of acid over time and are still 100% upstairs, so I do believe you have to have a bit of a problem already to have acid effect you like that. I've only done 'cid about 5 or 6 times, and have never experienced a 'real trip', like having melting walls and seeing trails and shit. All I ever got was a giddy feeling for about 4 hours, and in that time about a half hour of laughing at pretty much anything. other than that, you really get into whatever you are doing. Anyway my day with acid is over, since whenver I think of it I think of 'D' and how he went wacko.

Now, there is one thing I always wanted to try and never did, and may drop another hit just to experience it, and that is sex on acid. How is it? I can only imagine.....


 #17 
Old 2002-11-26, 16:01
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Acid rumours

See, that's why I gave up on acid.

When you can take a good 5 or 6 hits and still not get trails and other visuals then something is seriously wrong in the Land of the King [an old 60's term for tripping was "walking with the king"].

I used to take 2 hits and that'd be good for several hours of a show.

Sorry to hear about your friend, but I'm afraid he was a little more than a little[b] bit of a problem to start.

If you've a strong mind [b]it just ain't gonna happen. Period.
.

I'm one of those you mentioned: I've had hundreds of hits; hell I ate close to a whole sheet - which is 100 hits - ijn one evening.

I'm quite ok, thank you very much.

As for sex onm acid, I strongly reccomend against it.

I'm not even going to start in on that one; maybe some other day.

I will say that it is one of those things - almost like taking acid for the first time: things are never again the same after as they were before.
 #18 
Old 2002-11-26, 18:06
LutherX LutherX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

Hmmm, I think maybe you misunderstood me a bit, I didn't mean I took 5 or 6 hits all at once, I meant I've done a total of 5 or 6 hits. The high was nice but at $5.00 a pop I'd rather stick with weed. But I only ever did one at a time, never even tried two hits at once. Maybe I should've... But, damn dude you ate a whole sheet in one evening? That's insane. You must've been bouncing off the frickin walls.

And what do you mean about sex will never be the same after cid... Maybe you mean that the sex will be so awesome that 'regular sex' will pale in comparison? I can see that... Or, maybe it's more like when I was told to never take a shit while tripping, that it will feel like your insides are coming out and will freak you out. That visual was enough to keep me outta the bathroom while tripping, but hell I never cared to find out what that was like anyway.

 #19 
Old 2002-11-27, 18:52
cheezzdipp cheezzdipp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

hey, i actually had sum of the same questions. what is an acid flash? My boyfriend had one once when he was over, the whole thing just kind of went over my head. I want to try acid but the whole deal scares me a little bit, i mean what do you mean nothing is the same after?
 #20 
Old 2002-11-27, 19:06
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Acid rumours

Yeah, I forgot about that: I wouldn't advise taking a dump on acid either. It's not as bad as you've been told [and I'm not[ /b] going to describe it]. sufice it to say it can bedone if you really need to.

And I didn't really mean to faze anyone about sex on acid bit.

You remember your first trip? NBever mind, I think with the little doses you've had, the whole 'see things diffeently' probably hasn't happened, or hasn't happened to a big enough degree that you notice it for what it is.

And it's not something you can really describe to someone who's not experienced it.
I mean, can you describe sex to a virgin? I mean describe it so that the virgin will know exactly what sex is like?
I thought not.

Well same for acid, It's just that during your first real trip, you start to see things differently, make connections between things you never would have thought to connect and I'm stopping right here because I already can see the puzzlement on your faces .
quote:
Originally posted by LutherX:
[B]
... Maybe you mean that the sex will be so awesome that 'regular sex' will pale in comparison? I can see that...




If you can see that then you most certainly haven't had a real trip yet
It was far from awsome

It had all of the good and fun aspects of looking into a mirror tripping.

As for the flashback thing; that is probably a topic of its own. I thought about doing one and now I will.

Not right this minuts, but stay tuned to this channel
 #21 
Old 2002-11-27, 20:57
LiQkUiD LsD LiQkUiD LsD is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

Somebody on this site said that Lsd has rat poison in it, is this true? and what causes you to have a mild trip when you pop your back couple days after tripping acid.
 #22 
Old 2002-11-27, 21:09
Halfglass Halfglass is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid rumours

I recently saw a biography on Fleetwood Mac and one of the founding members (long since out of the band) went to a commune of some sort and tripped for a week. He had never done acid before. They were saying that he was never the same again--had to give up playing and dropped out of life. Seems he had the Sid Barret thing happen right away. Made me think, but with 50 or so trips behind me and perhaps only that one special trip left in my future I guess i'll be alright--wait I told all you people I was gonna use the brain tonight now back to your cages!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics