About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-23, 13:48
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default My DXM Experiance

Last night, I consumed about 1.5 grams of DXM (2 bottles of Delsym). I weigh 145lbs, and I've never taken over a gram before, and this time it was definaly a mistake. I like DXM highs, but the upper plataeus can get a bit too intense if you dont work your way up to them. But anyway, on with my story.

I mixed 10oz of Delsym with 10oz of Juice (in a 20oz bottle) and downed the whole thing really quickly. I walked downstairs into the basement, and watched Leslie Neilsen's "Wrongfully Accused" for about an hour, waiting for it to kick in.

When I shut the movie off, my legs felt kinda shakey, and I was a bit light-headed. I walked up to my room, shut the lights, and just listened to music. Usually, when I'm on DXM, I just want to lie on the floor, and listen to the music peacefully. But this time, I wanted to dance. It must've looked like I was having a seizure. I was on the floor, rolling around, shaking my arms and legs, doing somersaults. I guess I'm sorta weird when I'm high. Usually, I'm very sedated on DXM, but last night I had alot of energy.

But that wasn't the worst part. I felt really mentally slow. I tried talking to a friend of mine on the phone, but I just went insane trying to hold a conversation with him.

I went on IRC, and started talking to xenosss and Ironz. I'm looking for the IRC logs now, but cant find them. I just remember telling them that I was on a really intense trip.

After I shut off the computer, I went back into my room, and tried to sleep, but I had too much energy! I was just tossing and turning for hours until I finally fell asleep, and I was only asleep for about 5 hours.

All in all, it was somewhat enjoyable, but I definatly wouldn't take that much DXM again. I do like dex, but the upper plateaus were scaring me a bit last night.

Also, does anyone know why I was really energetic last night?
Usually, I take DXM HBr, but last night, I took DXM polytirex, if that's any help...

EDIT - Spelling errors


[This message has been edited by runaway (edited 11-23-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-11-23, 13:56
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: My DXM Experiance

You mentioned not being able to feel pain.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-23, 14:17
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My DXM Experiance

That was a bad way of putting it. I should have said that I was a little numbed.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-24, 04:50
LawlessZyklon LawlessZyklon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My DXM Experiance

i almost took some delsym once before i knew much about the chemical facts(only knew about not taking it with acet and the like). to answer your question, you did not take 1.5 grams. also, the name of the chemical is DXM polistirex. check me on the exact amount, but i think DXM polistirex is equal to 30mg of dxm HBr per teaspoon. so in other words, you took an insane amount for someone that hasent really experienced a good 1st plat. buzz. be careful
 #5 
Old 2002-11-24, 05:26
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My DXM Experiance

DXM has some stimulant effects....

When I used to robo trip, I would lie down in bed and just kick my legs for hours...I would be so full of this tingly energy that I couldn't go to sleep if I wanted to.

As for being numbed: No shit, DXM is a dissociative anesthetic for fucks sake! I've seen someone who was DXM tripping drop a 25 pound weight on their foot and not feel anything til the next day.

Hmm...I could be wrong but I think polystirex is a time-release form of DXM. (??)
For now on just get Robo Max Strength, time release just makes the trip longer and less peaky.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-24, 05:44
beatmeofficer beatmeofficer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My DXM Experiance

From what I understand, having a time release on the DXM leads to a greater DXM/DXO ratio. DXM gives more the mental effects while DXO is more the stoning effects. Would you say the polisterix trip was different than an HBr trip? I guess you would; it's been a few hours since I read the original post and I just drank a whole shit load of champagne, so bear with me. Anyway, I was going to link to this great graph on the DXM FAQ but the links seems to be broken right now. I would say that rather than going to upper plateaus, you probably stayed at a lower plateau for a long time, or entered some different plateau that isn't covered in the FAQ. I don't know; I bet that a polistyrix trips is probably in some way qualitatively different. I'm going to have to pick of some of that DelSym.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-24, 11:42
BloodySyringe BloodySyringe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My DXM Experiance

I took some delsym once and didn't feel much of anything.
I drank about 7-9 teaspoons, I think... I would've taken more, but I read somewhere that Delsym isn't a good recreational source of DXM. something about how it isn't actually DXM (obviously) and that because it's time-released, it builds up in your system. I dunno... but I wanted to be careful, so I didn't take much...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics