About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-22, 04:54
blacksheep blacksheep is offline
Regular
 
Default joint paper

so far most of the sites i've been to that have the "how to's" on rolling a joint mention gummed paper. Is this a 'must have' or can you just use regular paper. If it is a 'must have' then where would i see it (i'm trying to keep this theoretical (sp?)) and is there an age limit that any one knows of? since I'm not 18 i can't just go and buy... i mean under 18 year olds can't just go and buy a bong... so what about the not-18 year olds who want to buy the gummed paper? thanks to any one who makes the effort to reply -sharon

[This message has been edited by blacksheep (edited 11-22-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-11-22, 04:57
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: joint paper

Well.... you could use regular paperm but I wouldn't reccomend it, go to any store that sells smokes and ask for rolling papers.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-22, 05:21
oicu812 oicu812 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: joint paper

You could always make a pipe out of a paper tube and aluminum foil. carve one out of an apple or potatoe. bum a smoke and shake the tobacco out. I like soda cans the best.. anyone with 50 cents and a nail now has a disposable pipe. I stated smokin weed in the fifth grade in 1969...paraphenailya is a bust. unless you roll ciggaretts the papers are just that....stay cool
 #4 
Old 2002-11-22, 06:03
LawlessZyklon LawlessZyklon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: joint paper

i prefer soda cans myself. can make easy carbs
 #5 
Old 2002-11-22, 09:56
[�����_K�?��] [�����_K�?��] is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: joint paper

blacksheep...I don't think you realise that "gummed" paper is just ordinary cigarette paper. when they say "gummed" paper they are refering to the glue type substance on the edge of the paper that, when licked, will stick to the other side of the paper when completely rolled...don't use ordinary writing or printing paper if that's what you where talking about when you refered to "ordinary paper". It will burn you throught... Oh and as to regards to the buying of papers, I live in Australia and I don't know what the laws are in your country but here you can buy as much rolling paper as you want if you are under 18 because the paper is not illegal..happy smoking :-)
 #6 
Old 2002-11-22, 13:08
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: joint paper

[�����_K�?��] >> Just for your information, in case you didn't know, they make a rolling paper that doesn't have that gum on it.

As for age/paper/USA, I'm afraid I don't know, it was never an issue for me: I didn't smoke my first joint until I was 18.


And, lastly, making pipes:

What, don't they have metal shop in high school anymore [or am I really a relic from the 70's & 80's?]
 #7 
Old 2002-11-22, 17:56
ScrewThirdHeartbeat ScrewThirdHeartbeat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: joint paper

shop was fun, except we were in 7th grade, but we could do just about whatever we wanted...fun times
I've bought Club with no glue, worked well using a roller. (Buy a roller) Or use a well-worn dollar bill.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-22, 17:56
dopeman420 dopeman420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: joint paper

chem lab is definitely better than metal shop; don't have to worry about harmful oxidation products from the metal when you're working with glass. get yourself a socket, an erlenmyer flask, a rubber stopper to fit it with two holes, and a glass or plastic tube. perfect bong.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-22, 19:24
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: joint paper

no metal shop...or woodshop classes at my high school. They still have the shop space but they don't have a teacher. They are retrofitting the shop for CAD(computer aided design) and simple robotics. The old teacher used to work at a federal prison teaching shop and also other schools. He told us one time a kid came to his class high and chopped all his fingers off at a band saw one time. I think i would notice, especially if i was high!
 #10 
Old 2002-11-22, 21:39
OC40 OC40 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: joint paper

soda cans are horrable for u.. they will give u green lung over time (this is because of the paint they use on it along with the clear coat paint that is used.. and the aluminum will KILL your lungs also.. why dont u just find someone 18 to get u a nice 10 -15$ pipe.. it will last u along time (if u take care of it) and u wont have to worry about killing your lungs a few years down the line... and for paper yes gumed is the best but u can also get blunt wraps that are non gumed its harder to roll but once u lear it they taste way better..
 #11 
Old 2002-11-22, 23:02
420!Mr~ThC!420 420!Mr~ThC!420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: joint paper

Aluminium cans are for fuckin losers... just go buy a pipe. If u buy a pipe u always have somethin to smoke weed out of.. and u can scrape the resin out of it and smoke it when yer hurtin for tokes... dont use pop cand they cause parkinsons diease.
 #12 
Old 2002-11-22, 23:44
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: joint paper

Make one. Its easy as fuck. All you need to do is take a trip to Home Depot, and check out the BRASS PIPE fittings section. Usually they have a display showing all the fittings and a tray for each. Brainless and easy to find what you want. I used 4 different 3/8 [i think it was 3/8] fittings for mine.

1. A 4 inch nipple [male ends]
2. A 90 degree piece [female]
3. A hose connector [male]
4. Another piece I dont know the name of. It just looks like a pyramid, with a female fitting on one end, and a small hole in the other.

Oh, and for a screen I used one out of a sink. All I did was took the 90 degree piece and into one end I screwed the nipple, and in the other the hose connector. Then, I took the pyramid piece, and jammed it in [small end first] the open end of the nipple. I hammered it in, but if you just push it it makes a very powerful seal and then the pipe can be dismantled. I stuck the screen in the large part of the triangle piece, and I was done!
http://www.overgrow.com/edge/gallery.php?userid=24703&lastpage=1&perpage=9&action=view&sortby=date&in=collage.gif

Check that picture. The bottom right is the pipe. I added a piece of hose as you can see, its not exactly made for a smooth smoke, but the hose gives the smoke time to cool, and smokes a lot nicer. Oh, and the hose is connected to the [you got it!] hose connector! Without a hose just use the connector as a mouth piece.

Good luck. And remember, as this will probably be your first time using a pipe, its harsh! Itll burn, just take SMALL tokes, hold it, and put out the weed when yorue not toking!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics