About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-21, 20:28
deptstoremook deptstoremook is offline
Regular
 
Default A more relevant, intelligent Question

Heh. Sorry about that semi-spam topic, meta. I have here a more important question.

I recently (6 days ago) took AMT. I have read in several places (TIHKAL and EROWID) that AMT -may- function as an MAOI.

I have also read that MAOI's should NOT under ANY circumstances be combined with DXM.

So, my question is: is AMT an actual MAOI or does it just mimic one? Does this matter when taking DXM?
*wait, that was 2 questions. oh well.*

thanks a lot. I think this is valuable information anyway.
 #2 
Old 2002-11-21, 22:52
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A more relevant, intelligent Question

I suggest you check out this link http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/amt/amt.shtml
it most likly has the info you are looking for.

-GreaterEvil
 #3 
Old 2002-11-21, 23:11
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: A more relevant, intelligent Question

quote:
Originally posted by deptstoremook:
Heh. Sorry about that semi-spam topic, meta. I have here a more important question.

I recently (6 days ago) took AMT. I have read in several places (TIHKAL and EROWID) that AMT -may- function as an MAOI.

I have also read that MAOI's should NOT under ANY circumstances be combined with DXM.

So, my question is: is AMT an actual MAOI or does it just mimic one? Does this matter when taking DXM?
*wait, that was 2 questions. oh well.*

thanks a lot. I think this is valuable information anyway.




Being as this is an amnesty day, I won't say nothing but: When you do research you really should read what's there.

Just to double check myself, I did some reasearch of my own and at TiHKAL [which I entered theough Eroeid] I found the following:

"Both the alpha-methylated tryptamine (AMT) and the alpha-ethylated homologue (AET) were found to be effective monoamine oxidase inhibitors, and both were clinically studied as potential antidepressants"

This was found in under 30 seconds of research: I ain't that good.

So, to be certain.

The answer is: Yes, AMT is a maoi.

[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 11-21-2002).]
 #4 
Old 2002-11-21, 23:52
Old Sammy Old Sammy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A more relevant, intelligent Question

Where the hell do you get AMT???? Mood lift, smiling... plateau from 4-7 hours??? Sweet! But where the hell do you get the stuff?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics