About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-20, 11:45
modega modega is offline
Regular
 
Default Weed Plateaus?

Hey, I was wondering if anyone would describe the plateaus when you smoke weed. I've never come across it before and I am kind of curious about it.

Thanks a lot.
 #2 
Old 2002-11-20, 12:17
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Weed Plateaus?

Who said that there are any?

I've only heard that expression used in conjunction with DXM, and as I have no experience with that [nor the desire to, thank you] I cannot comment on it.

Pot, like all other drugs I've ever done, are very subjective in experience and can't be labeled other than, perhaps, 'onset, peak, come down .

I'm sure I'll get someone who�ll insist that there are, but screw 'em.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-20, 16:06
modega modega is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weed Plateaus?

Thanks for the reply. I heard from a few people on the site before that there is supposedly 5 plateus for weed. I was just looking for someone to summarize each one.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-20, 18:06
Tazer Daddy Tazer Daddy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weed Plateaus?

1.Buzzed - when you feel a slight buzz coming on
2.High - when your feeling good, munchies start, slight cotton mouth
3.Stoned - giggly, everthing is fun, your in i don't give a fuck mode.
4.Baked - when you can't stand up, cotton mouth is unbearable, feeling higher than you ever have before.

i know this probably isn't scientifically correct but when i used to smoke weed. my friends and i discussed the different highs and this is the order we came up with.

damn i miss weed
 #5 
Old 2002-11-20, 20:18
cornzornoplat cornzornoplat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weed Plateaus?

MOdega~~~~you must have been in the fifth plateau, that night we hotboxed at the mansion...because I thought you were dead...LOL.....I dont really think there are plateaus with weed, youre either buzzed stoned,baked or fuckin trashed like you were that one night (cough, cough...wussy...cough)
 #6 
Old 2002-11-21, 01:37
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weed Plateaus?

Its pretty easy to figure out. Smoke, see how you feel, and if you aren't as stoned as you should be, smoke more. THere are no "plateaus", and in fact DXM IS the ONLY drug that i've heard that term associated with as well, and it's not even that great a way of describing DXM.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-21, 19:54
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weed Plateaus?

Maybe not plateaus, but different degrees of high.

My personal favorites are "Dude, I was high as fuck last night", and "Dude, I don't even remember what I did last night."

(Joke btw)
 #8 
Old 2002-11-21, 21:43
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weed Plateaus?

he probly got that "plateu" saying from erowid.org because they say that for the effects on their website. I dunno but i guess the peak of my high is when im stoned dont want to move i feel the buzzing(vibration) and i start just feelin awesome, sometimes i hear my heart beat just depends. Its an awesome feeling just experience it yourself.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-21, 22:33
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Weed Plateaus?

quote:
Originally posted by djsam:
Maybe not plateaus, but different degrees of high.

My personal favorites are "Dude, I was high as fuck last night", and "Dude, I don't even remember what I did last night."

(Joke btw)



Yeah, I'll go with that.

It doesn't imply a set series to expect.


.

Oh yeah....


{PASS}


 #10 
Old 2002-11-21, 22:33
Canibusizgod74 Canibusizgod74 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weed Plateaus?

Well Modega... I don't believe that there are actually "Weed Plateaus", but rather "States Of Highness"(Hehe I just made a new phrase). I've been smoking weed for around four to five years so I am probably missing out on a few things, but let's just say that I've got *enough* experience under my belt to form this hypothesis.

The States Of Highness Hypothesis.
By Thabee420 AKA Canibusizgod74

Level One: (Acquired after two to three moderate hits of Marijuana) - Basic Body Buzz - I've noticed that when I'm not in the mood to get "high", that i'd rather get a nice little body buzz going on. To achieve this I usually smoke two to four hits off of my ganja pipe. This usually leads to a slight euphoric feeling, more appreciation towards music (specifically techno and classic rock - but then again those are my preferences when I'm high), and an all around nice feeling in your body.

Level Two: (Acquired after a bowl - roughly seven to ten hits depending on how hard you hit the bowl) - The Mild High State - After smoking a bowl you begin to feel "high". The onsets of "munchies" begin to set in, "cotton mouth" begins to take effect, and (if your unlucky like me) your eyes may begin to turn shades of red. To me this is my second favorite stage, mainly because I'm high enough to have a good time and sober enough to drive a vehicle without being paranoid (I drive a boat of a 76' T-Bird and I always think i'm going to back into someone or over a kid when I'm trashed - Although I DO NOT recommend operating a vehicle while under the influence of ANY drug).

Level Three: (Acquired after smoking a large Marijuana cigarette, also known as a "Phatty") - High - Around this level you begin to feel real high, you may begin to have visual glitches (Depending on the person, I always have trouble reading when I'm high and I occasionally get trails or "Fuzzy Spots"), the "cotton mouth" (Or for my British friends - The Pasties, I believe I heard it called) begins to become annoying, the "munchies" will become more overpowering (Don't give in, it'll just lower you to Level Two!), and your eyes will most likely turn red.

Level Four: (Acquired after smoking a blunt, or a Marijuana cigar) - Stoned - At this level you really begin to feel the effects of Marijuana. Your response rate to stimuli will decrease (Thus making driving a vehicle dangerous and irresponsible, but possible if you put enough space between you and the car ahead of you and you obey the speed limits) and you'll have the stoner smile (Where you walk around with a constant smile on your face, after ahwile this starts to hurt :-D). Your eyes will be tomato red, your lips will be cracked and dry, and the inside of your mouth will most likely be white. The best way to eliminate the "red eyes" would be to administer a double or (If necessary, such as for me) a triple dose of Visene (Make sure it says "Get's the red out" since there are many types). This is my all-time favorite level to be at since I'm sober enough to have a basic understanding as to what's going on, but yet I'm utterly and hopelessly wasted.

Level Five: (Acquired after smoking two or more blunts within an hour) - Baked Out Of Yer Skull - Although most potheads believe this to be the most desireable state, it is the least desireable for me. For some people, Visene will no longer work and your mouth will be constantly dry. You *may* have some audio and visual hallucinations (Depending on the person of course) and operating any type of machinery may be nearly impossible (What the fuck does this lever do?). For me, when I come down from this state I usually have quite a nasty headache and I'm very quiet around other people.


Well, there you have it! The States of Highness Hypothesis. I'd appreciate feedback as to whether or not you people agree or disagree with my hypothesis. Maybe one day all of us stoners will write an *actual* States of Highness Hypothesis that we can all agree on.

Happy rollin, smokin and chokin fellow stoners!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics